Thread: Wonder Valley Camp

Thanks

Default Wonder Valley Camp

We just got back from a really fun weekend at the Wonder Valley camp, put on by Graham Lelliott.

We had Dian Tanaka, Bryan Hawkins, Graham Lelliott, Lee Wedlake, Willy Aguilar, Marty Zaninovich, Edmund Parker and Ingmar Johnasson (not necessarily in that order). lol

We learned things from everyone, enjoyed a lot of relaxing time and had a great time.

We saw a lot of Graham's students from Jersey (that's the OLD Jersey, not New Jersey.)

Nice bunch. Two guys got promoted to sixth, much to their surprise and Graham came to camp sporting his new 8th.

Nice nice group of people. Very friendly and close-knit. Made me very glad I went.

It was Ron's first camp and he had a great time too. We're still evaluating what we went over.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Wonder Valley Camp

Hello all! As you know I went to Wonder Valley Camp with Amy wooohoooo

Now I am spoiled. My first camp in 30+ years of Kenpo and this one set the bar pretty high. Thank you Amy for letting me 'tag along', thank you Graham and Jaydean for being such grateful hosts.

I have been given a very special opportunity to create new brothers and sisters in the AK community. I look forward to meeting my new friends in the future and learning with you all.

Thank you to all of the Instructors for parting with your vast knowledge and allowing us the ability to explore, invent and endure; in keeping the flame... ;~)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnak01 View Post
    Hello all! As you know I went to Wonder Valley Camp with Amy wooohoooo

Now I am spoiled. My first camp in 30+ years of Kenpo and this one set the bar pretty high. Thank you Amy for letting me 'tag along', thank you Graham and Jaydean for being such grateful hosts.

I have been given a very special opportunity to create new brothers and sisters in the AK community. I look forward to meeting my new friends in the future and learning with you all.

Thank you to all of the Instructors for parting with your vast knowledge and allowing us the ability to explore, invent and endure; in keeping the flame... ;~)
    That so rocks.

I've always figgered...every instructor speaks with their own dialect, in their won accent. Getting out to see how many dialects and how many accents there are only helps us improve our perspective, and with it our whole kenpo nut. Methinks I'm gonna have to find my way to this next year; it's pretty consistently got some folks whose dialects and accents I've not yet been exposed to.

D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnak01 View Post
    Thank you Amy for letting me 'tag along', thank you Graham and Jaydean for being such grateful hosts.
    Yes, having you along was a chore, but sometimes we all have to sacrifice.

Jaydean (Graham's wife) put on a really great kids show that was impressive, as well as funny.

The kids didn't know each other when they got there, but were all buddies when they left.

As always, when going to a camp, there was way too much information to absorb, but hopefully it'll sink in more as time goes by.

--Amy

The next plan for camp is Dr. Dave's Ohana in Sept. Woot.
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Gee, thanks for sacrificing. Sheesh

I could not have put it better Dr. D, lots of really good dialects, and as Amy has put it, learning new dialects deos take some time to absorb. hehehe

Dr. D I am still incorporating the 'shape' of the techniques. Even when we are so immersed with wonderful instructors and such, your information always comes to the surface. Amy and I look at each and go 'or we could do this as Dr. D would like it' and then we look at each other and say 'niiiice'...

Looking forward to the Ohana in September Dr. D... hehehehe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnak01 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (05-26-2009)

Thanks

The audio had to be switched out on it because I used music that was 'unapproved', but here's the link to the quick youtube slide show I made. I'm going to try to embed it here, but I don't know if I'm doing it right, so I'll put the link too. --Amy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8jWP_upkI

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Does not seem to be working I tried the link all I get is black screen. Nothing is happening. Dang!!!

Thanks

I was able to pull it up.

New music should be 'switched out' in a few hours. Right now, it's there, but it's quiet.

Try it again. If you know any of the participants in Jersey, let them know.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I typed in Jersey Kenpo took me straight to a website with contact information. I went ahead and sent them an email with the youtube link and our email info.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnak01 For This Useful Post:

amylong (05-26-2009)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hi Amy & Ron

Its Neil Roberts the guy who got promoted to his 1st degree one of Grahams old Students from OLD Jersey!

was great to meet you guys had a blast at that camp and cannot wait for 2 years time already

Anyone who has not been to one of either Mr Lelliott's or Mr Johansons camp i recomened them fully, not only the knowledge that gets shared and taught but the pure atmosphere demonstrates what the brotherhood is all about

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lqkenpo For This Useful Post:

amylong (06-01-2009)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I can also recomened both camps. I was at Graham`s camp in 2005 , it was a great camp. This year I was at Mr. Johanssons Camp in Sweden The Vikingcamp. Graham was also there he is a great teacher of the art.

All the Best
    Kimpo
    Parker/Planas Lineage Denmark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lqkenpo View Post
    Hi Amy & Ron

Its Neil Roberts the guy who got promoted to his 1st degree one of Grahams old Students from OLD Jersey!

was great to meet you guys had a blast at that camp and cannot wait for 2 years time already
    Hi Neil! Great to meet you too! Tons of fun. Did you check out the slideshow? If you have any pictures to post, I'd love to see them.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Hello Neil,
    Sure was good to meet you and your group from Jersey. How are things over there? Looking forward to the next camp should be more fun wooohooooo

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links