Thread: Business Promotion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Business Promotion

For the school owners out there, what is your favorite business promotion to help grow your school.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Default Re: Business Promotion

My favorite promotion is Bring a Friend Night. This is a great way to get your students helping you grow your school. They are pre-qualifying your prospects for you ahead of time, they are also finding people that they think will benefit the flow of your school.

I run Bring a Fiend Night by announcing it in the monthly newsletter, and giving each student 3 coupons to give to their friends. I run a fun class with a little more game time than normal, and make sure the games correspond with the lessons of the night. At the end of the class I thank everyone who came out to try class and invite them to attend the next class free of charge as well, plus I give every person who attends the class an intro package coupon, and written summary of their prospective program.

I also personally thank every student who brings a friend. It is very important to make them realize how much you appreciate their support.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    My favorite promotion is Bring a Friend Night.
    That has always worked best for me as well Rob.

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Thanks

What other good promotions are there? Who all uses a monthly newsletter to help their school?

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

We have a monthly newsletter. I don't think it really helps with promotion. It does list birthday's and grade promotions so students get to see there name a few times per year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gakusei
    We have a monthly newsletter. I don't think it really helps with promotion. It does list birthday's and grade promotions so students get to see there name a few times per year.
    I use the newsletter to promote mine and other peoples events. I use it to list the promotions, and I always have a few special items in it for sale each month. I have found it to be a very inexpensive tool that helps the school.

Thanks

So who has a New Year's promotion going right now. Something to bring in those people who made New Year's resolutions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 909 Posts

January is a big month for the "fitness industry." I suppose that's the category we fall into (as far as the public is concerned anyway)

We've got a commercial shoot lined up but I like the "bring a friend" idea. Do you give any credit to those that bring in someone? Like 1/2 off the tuition for the ones that bring 3 or more people in?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    January is a big month for the "fitness industry." I suppose that's the category we fall into (as far as the public is concerned anyway)

We've got a commercial shoot lined up but I like the "bring a friend" idea. Do you give any credit to those that bring in someone? Like 1/2 off the tuition for the ones that bring 3 or more people in?
    When I do bring a friend night, I have packages ready for every person that comes in. Part of the package is a referral card which is filled out by the new person. it has on it a lot of their particulars and who referred them. Only those who join, return their cards to me, I put them in a a 3x5 card box. I then use my 2 month and a uniform promo with the new person. At the end of the that promo period I then wait to see if the new student continues. When they pay their tuition for their first regular month, I let the referrer know that if their friend stay and pays the tuition for the next month that they get that month for free. right now I have one student that if his friends pay for feburary he will get Feb, March, and April for free. It is a great for him. He helped me, I thank him with a free month for each student he brought me. Now we are planning another bring a friend night in February, and he has several more friends he wants to bring in. In fact I have several students lining up tehir friends for the next bring a friend night.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links