Thread: Where you are and Where you want to be.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Where you are and Where you want to be.

Consider where you are in your training. Look at all your positives and negatives, is where you want to be or do yo have higher aspirations. Let us know where you are and where you want to be eventually.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Where you are and Where you want to be.

Well, thats a tough question to answer, I'd hate to think anybody has no aspirations to improve...but you never know.

I am a blue belt in Kenpo, hopefully be a blue belt in JiuJitsu early-mid next year. I am currently happy with my progress but not where I am Every little bit I learn teaches me how little I know. I plan to continue training into the foreseeable future and hopefully keep progressing at a decent rate...not just judged by belt color, but by my personal judgement of myself.

I am considering stepping in the octagon next year, but still not sure about that...

Good question, Rob.

Positives: it's something to do with the wife and kids to bond and have fun
    Negatives: it's something to do with the wife
    Last edited by WristTwist; 12-06-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks

the negative is, i dont train in the dojo nearly as much as i should. The positive is, it's a lifelong endeavor thats become apart of me.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz
    the negative is, i dont train in the dojo nearly as much as i should. The positive is, it's a lifelong endeavor thats become apart of me.

It is nice when your daughter asks you to go over kata with her.

Thanks

I starting to gear up my training for my second degree...hopefully, I will remember everything Ive already learned in addition to the new material

Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    I starting to gear up my training for my second degree...hopefully, I will remember everything Ive already learned in addition to the new material

Currently I have a small school with under 20 memebrs. I have become a little slow, and lost a modicum of my flexiblity because of inactivity. On the other hand I have my own school, I am still training after 25 years.

Where I would like to be is in a building where I am the sole renter. The school open everyday of the week. I would like to have atleast 50 students, but i don't want to trade quantity for quality.

In know I am asking for a lot but that is where i want to be.

Thanks

Its a good goal Rob..I think you can achieve it...
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Consider where you are in your training. Look at all your positives and negatives, is where you want to be or do yo have higher aspirations. Let us know where you are and where you want to be eventually.
    Im a 3rd brown, Ya I want my black but more than that i want to know every tech. that i have inside.
    Every angel every variation that the attacks could happen from Im only 29 me and my wife love martial arts I don’t see myself ever stopping .
    Some day I would even like to open a school
    And a closer goal of mine is to get a state title or 2,3 in forms and kumite my first state tilte attempt will be in Feburary!

Thanks

I'm a first degree black belt, testing for my second degree in June. I just got to watch the video from my black belt test. It was a great validation to see where I was and where I am and it gave me much incentive to improve further for the next test. Naturally, I was displeased with what I saw. That's the way it is with perfectionists like all of us though.

I was injured during that test and not in as good a shape. I want to be better, stronger ....faster for my next test. I want to have greater understanding of the techniques. Mr. Tatum did a seminar in Sacramento this last weekend and he pointed out some stuff that made us all stand around and scratch our heads, wondering why we hadn't thought of it.

I want to do less scratching and more knowing.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Well lets see, I am a 3rd degree black belt. I would like and could be hire since Mr. Joe the cariculum around. I have all the speed in need and I know how to create the power from this speed. I would like to be a lot better in sparring for tournaments. I love how people at the WKKA camp just come up to me and think I know nothing because I am still young and than when I talk to them or work out with them for a while they have a total change in attitude.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    I'm a first degree black belt, testing for my second degree in June. I just got to watch the video from my black belt test. It was a great validation to see where I was and where I am and it gave me much incentive to improve further for the next test. Naturally, I was displeased with what I saw. That's the way it is with perfectionists like all of us though.

I was injured during that test and not in as good a shape. I want to be better, stronger ....faster for my next test. I want to have greater understanding of the techniques. Mr. Tatum did a seminar in Sacramento this last weekend and he pointed out some stuff that made us all stand around and scratch our heads, wondering why we hadn't thought of it.

I want to do less scratching and more knowing.

--Amy
    It is that head scratching that brings out true brilliance. We all have been there, and all have benefited from it. I love that feeling of why didn't I think of that because it makes me analyze things more deeply and that usually brings out some new ideas of my own.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Mr. Tatum did a seminar in Sacramento this last weekend and he pointed out some stuff that made us all stand around and scratch our heads, wondering why we hadn't thought of it.
    i am at work and i want to be on a mat somewhere learning kenpo with larry tatum.

pete

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links