Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Visit

Thanks

Default Texas Visit

I am writing this post from the beautiful state of Texas. For those of you who don't know I'm from CA, you might be thinking, "And?...."

For those of you who do know I'm from CA, you might also know that Camey is from Texas and it is she who I am visiting.

We are having a kickbutt time. We've mostly been hanging out, but we did get two great days of kenpo.

Camey and I met at a kenpo camp in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. She attends Bill Piper's school and we went there for a couple of classes.

It was great to run techniques and such and I, of course, appreciate Bill's hospitality. We banged for about 3 hours yesterday. Once I find the right cord to get the pictures out of my camera, I'll post some pictures either here or on my blog.

Just thought I'd share stories of my kenpo adventures.

Anyone else travel to see any kenpo friends lately?

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amylong For This Useful Post:

Darknight (03-16-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Texas Visit

Sounds like a great time!
    Be safe,

Roach

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    I am writing this post from the beautiful state of Texas. For those of you who don't know I'm from CA, you might be thinking, "And?...."

For those of you who do know I'm from CA, you might also know that Camey is from Texas and it is she who I am visiting.

We are having a kickbutt time. We've mostly been hanging out, but we did get two great days of kenpo.

Camey and I met at a kenpo camp in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. She attends Bill Piper's school and we went there for a couple of classes.

It was great to run techniques and such and I, of course, appreciate Bill's hospitality. We banged for about 3 hours yesterday. Once I find the right cord to get the pictures out of my camera, I'll post some pictures either here or on my blog.

--Amy
    No but I will be in Texas the 11th -the 15th of April
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

(Salute) Amy, my wife and I own an IKCA affiliate school in Edinburg, TX. What part of Texas did you visit?

Your brother in Kenpo,
    Joey Cadena, 4th dan

Thanks

... we will be visiting TX come august
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    ... we will be visiting TX come august
    Yeah! I'm looking forward to it. Should you and yours decide to make a tour through the beautiful Hill Country of Texas, drop me a line and, at very least we can all have dinner. Let me know far enough in advance and I might be able to help you get some true flavor of the area.

~Peace
    ~Bill Richardson

Rudeness is the frustrated attempt of a small mind to communicate.

Forgive everyone everything

Thanks

--Amy
    Glad you had a good time. Of course, I'll extend the same hospitality to you or any of the good bothers and sisters who frequent this board. If you want to see some of the true beauty of Texas, the Hill County is a popular destination for those traveling in and about our great state. Drop me a line and, at very least, I can clue you in on what is really good and what is just "tourist trap" material.
    ~Bill Richardson

Thanks

toejoe2k , since we have limited time to visit, we will be in Austin for 2 days visiting my mother before heading up to Arlington for a day.
    Susan A. Spann

Thanks

Didn't you recently indicate that you guys might be moving to TX?
    ~Bill Richardson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toejoe2k View Post
    Bill,

My family is in Ft Worth, and I get down that way often. Also I went to UT, so I know the area. Perhaps in the future we could hook up.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    Bill,

My family is in Ft Worth, and I get down that way often. Also I went to UT, so I know the area. Perhaps in the future we could hook up.

Words fall short of describing how honored I would be. You are most welcome at my home and table anytime you can make your way here. I'd also make the 2.5 hour drive to Austin on a whim, should you find yourself there.

I have family (in-laws that I'd tolerate :-)) in Plano and friends in Ft. Worth (Saginaw) if we can make it up there on your next visit. You are going to NRH, right?
    ~Bill Richardson

Thanks

Words fall short of describing how honored I would be. You are most welcome at my home and table anytime you can make your way here. I'd also make the 2.5 hour drive to Austin on a whim, should you find yourself there.

I have family (in-laws that I'd tolerate :-)) in Plano and friends in Ft. Worth (Saginaw) if we can make it up there on your next visit. You are going to NRH, right?
    Bill,

My family is in Watauga. I will be there on the 11th-the 15th of April. The same invite goes to you and yours here in Omaha. I haven't talked to Bill Piper lately, but I think we are still on for a seminar when Im there.

Your Friend
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks

It says here that you'll be there in June: Brad Marshall Seminar in Texas. None the less, if you're scheduled to be here next month, I'll see if the wifey has a need to visit her sister in Plano.

Are you doing a seminar? Can I get info? I can always make contact with Mr. Piper to see when and where, if necessary.

Okay, we've got Mr. Marshall coming to Texas...Who's next????

BTW, San Antonio is closer if anyone wants to line up to beat me black and blue. Trust me, it'll be easy.
    ~Bill Richardson

Thanks

Yes, we are considering both the Dallas and the Austin areas at this time.

We actually wouldn't mind being outside of the areas, as being in the throng of a city doesn't appeal to either of us. I have some knowledge knowledge of Austin, so I have an idea of where to look for places, whereas the Dallas/Ft Worth area, I haven't the slightest of what is "good" to go to...or where is "too far" from the city.

Other options are still open and we are still taking suggestions...and if anyone would like to send us job listings and house listing for an area, we'd appreciate it. We like to try to gauge what's going on and see if there IS something for us before moving ;D

Sorry Amy, we seem to have hijacked your thread! Texas just seems to make folks excited :O Ill split it off elsewhere, if youd like
    Susan A. Spann

Thanks

It says here that you'll be there in June: Brad Marshall Seminar in Texas. None the less, if you're scheduled to be here next month, I'll see if the wifey has a need to visit her sister in Plano.

Are you doing a seminar? Can I get info? I can always make contact with Mr. Piper to see when and where, if necessary.

Okay, we've got Mr. Marshall coming to Texas...Who's next????

BTW, San Antonio is closer if anyone wants to line up to beat me black and blue. Trust me, it'll be easy.

Bill,

That was for a seminar I did in june of 2007. I have the video and you are welcome to a copy of it. Bill invited me back for another seminar, back in Nov-Dec, but I had broke my hand. Then I had a little girl at the end of Jan. I talked with him about a month ago, so I need to touch base to see if it is still a go. He knows I will be there at that time.

If we can't work the seminar we can still do a great private session. 4-5 hours. Bring a video camera.

Your friend
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

toejoe2k (03-18-2008)

Thanks

Bill,

That was for a seminar I did in june of 2007. I have the video and you are welcome to a copy of it. Bill invited me back for another seminar, back in Nov-Dec, but I had broke my hand. Then I had a little girl at the end of Jan. I talked with him about a month ago, so I need to touch base to see if it is still a go. He knows I will be there at that time.

Your friend
    He was talking about having you out -- talking with great enthusiasm, so I think you can consider it a go. I'm glad Texas gets people all excited. Camey and I had a ton of fun. I put up a few pix at sacramentokenpokarate.blogspot.com. I'll throw a few more up there, but there are two there now.

I love to visit other schools.

Wish I could've been to your seminar, Brad!!! Next time.

-Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

Thanks

He was talking about having you out -- talking with great enthusiasm, so I think you can consider it a go. I'm glad Texas gets people all excited. Camey and I had a ton of fun. I put up a few pix at sacramentokenpokarate.blogspot.com. I'll throw a few more up there, but there are two there now.

I love to visit other schools.

Wish I could've been to your seminar, Brad!!! Next time.

-Amy

Amy,

You have an open invite, anytime. I get out to Ca, once a year, so perhaps next time I can come play at your place. Thank you for your kind words.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks

Bill,

If we can't work the seminar we can still do a great private session. 4-5 hours. Bring a video camera.

Your friend
    I just got off the phone with Mr. Piper (what a great guy) and he advised that you are a go for a seminar on April 12th. Barring any significant roadblocks, I'll be there. It's a 6 + hour drive for me but, I have friends, family and a cozy underpass under 820 where I can seek shelter should it be necessary.

I'll keep everyone posted with whatever information I have.

~Peace
    ~Bill Richardson

21. The Following User Says Thank You to toejoe2k For This Useful Post:

MARSHALLS KENPO (03-18-2008)

Thanks

Amy,

You have an open invite, anytime. I get out to Ca, once a year, so perhaps next time I can come play at your place. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks! If you are in No. CA, absolutely come and play. We would love to have you.

Generally-speaking, we're very welcoming to visitors, so if you're near Sacramento, buzz me for times and directions so we can roll out the welcome mat and anyone is welcome to come by. The more the merrier.

--Amy

23. The Following User Says Thank You to amylong For This Useful Post:

MARSHALLS KENPO (03-18-2008)

Thanks

I just got off the phone with Mr. Piper (what a great guy) and he advised that you are a go for a seminar on April 12th. Barring any significant roadblocks, I'll be there. It's a 6 + hour drive for me but, I have friends, family and a cozy underpass under 820 where I can seek shelter should it be necessary.

I'll keep everyone posted with whatever information I have.

~Peace
    I better call Mr. Piper and set some times then.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links