Thread: Doc

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Doc

I am in the Philly area dn you are across the country from me. I have been very impressed with your ideas and thoughts since I joined here, plus I am greatly humbled that someone of your seniority is willing to spend time here to help us.

However, I want to learn more of what you have, do you have any affiliates/students teaching in the Philly area? Do you have any books or videos? and finally are you doing any seminars in hte Philly area anytime soon?

sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Thanks

Default Re: Doc

Joseph,

We are all impressed by "Doc's" great knowledge. By that I mean many of us that have been involved with Kenpo for over 30 years. We are still learning too. Also he has that special Way of imparting his Knowledge to us that I greatly enjoy.

Yes he does show a lot of patience trying to educate us. We all thank him for it.

I am Most Respectfully,
    Sifuroy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Ditto, SifuRoy.

While I've gotten into some serious debates with him and as such do not always agree with him, you can't deny the man knows his Kenpo!

He has definately made me think about and evaluate my training on more occasions more than anything else. I guess you could say he keeps me on my toes. LOL

There is a lot one could gain from training with him or those that follow SL-4. I know I wouldn't hesitate to get on the mats with 'em.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjpregler View Post
    I am greatly humbled that someone of your seniority is willing to spend time here to help us.
    HaHaHa....
    I read that WRONG, I just scanned over it and thought you'd said you were "humbled that someone of your Senility is willing to spend time here to help us."

I thought.....
    well, he Has been around a LONG time!!!

It IS good of you to spend your twilight days with us sir!!!

hahaha.....

all in fun Dr. C

Your Brother (who's concocting his own early onset dementia)
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Ditto, SifuRoy.

While I've gotten into some serious debates with him and as such do not always agree with him, you can't deny the man knows his Kenpo!

He has definately made me think about and evaluate my training on more occasions more than anything else. I guess you could say he keeps me on my toes. LOL

There is a lot one could gain from training with him or those that follow SL-4. I know I wouldn't hesitate to get on the mats with 'em.
    When I first starting seeing his posts on here, I felt like he was attacking the American Kenpo that I come to love, however, I soon realized that hew as only trying to further Mr. Parker's work, like many others who I;ve met online.

I am also learning that no one has a corner on the market. No one knows everything and not everything that someone knows is right. Each individual nugget has to be examined to see whether it is gold or just a rock. It only seems that some mines develop more gold than others and Mr. Chapel is one of those I feel.

My goal is to develop my own personal training into the best I can. Taking nuggets from eveywhere I can find.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjpregler For This Useful Post:

Brother John (11-05-2007),Celtic_Crippler (11-05-2007),RDCParker (11-06-2007),sifuroy (11-09-2007),toejoe2k (11-05-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

My goal is to develop my own personal training into the best I can. Taking nuggets from eveywhere I can find.
    That's a good goal to have.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

I once had the same question, and the answer I came up with was to host a seminar, Doc and Ryan came out, we had almost 50 attendees (which easily covered the expenses), I met some great people who are still friends, and I learned so much I am still working some of the science he dropped on us that weekend, 2 years later.

It is far, far easier to do than you might think...
    -David C
    http://www.kungfubooksonline.com

"...while you guys are arguing, I'm on the grind."
    - an anonymous brick puncher

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
    I once had the same question, and the answer I came up with was to host a seminar, Doc and Ryan came out, we had almost 50 attendees (which easily covered the expenses), I met some great people who are still friends, and I learned so much I am still working some of the science he dropped on us that weekend, 2 years later.

It is far, far easier to do than you might think...
    I was actually thinking of this option.

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

I was actually thinking of this option.
    If you manage to bring Doc to PA, I will do everything in my power to come down from Boston, possibly with my teacher or my training partner.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Eastvale (Corona), CA; training out of Los Angeles
    Thanks

Yes the man definitely makes you think. And it's good that we have a forum where his and others' ideas can be freely exchanged without hassle or ego, for the betterment of ourselves and our art.
    "Your kung fu's no good..."
    *Warrior, Scholar*

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Doc dosnt't get around the entire forum. If you want him to read this it might be good to post in his section.
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links