Thread: short 3 and Long 4

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default short 3 and Long 4

…I saw something the other day on a video that was truly inspiring, and amazing. Words are not just when you are trying to explain what was seen and felt.

I saw a recent short 3 and Long 4 done by a Kenpo master who has dedicated 38 years to the art moving. Man it was apparent within his forms. Never have I seen anything more jaw dropping in regards to Kenpo in my life.

I saw circles within circles, straight lines blending into circles, the Katas flowed like fine wine. The power within these Katas were absolutely amazing. You could smell and feel the power yet you could not put your finger on where it was all coming from. As these Katas were played, I found myself not removing my eyes from the screen and or even blinking. The attention to detail was incredible but nothing compared to the focus of this individual. Every movement was polished and sharp yet these Katas were so gentle to watch with my eyes. The movement within these Katas had no real stopping point, everything flowed like one long technique. Dedication, devotion, desire, skill, and time are some of the key ingredients here making these Katas the best I have ever seen.

…I realized that devoting yourself to something is a life well spent with amazing by-products….

I have more work to do now!!

Thanks

Default Re: short 3 and Long 4

Okay, (like a fish) I'll bite! Who was it and where's the youtube link????
    I think we could all stand to be so inspired.

Many thanks

~Peace
    ~Bill Richardson

Rudeness is the frustrated attempt of a small mind to communicate.

Forgive everyone everything

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blfycdq View Post
    …I saw something the other day on a video that was truly inspiring, and amazing. Words are not just when you are trying to explain what was seen and felt.

I saw a recent short 3 and Long 4 done by a Kenpo master who has dedicated 38 years to the art moving. Man it was apparent within his forms. Never have I seen anything more jaw dropping in regards to Kenpo in my life.

I saw circles within circles, straight lines blending into circles, the Katas flowed like fine wine. The power within these Katas were absolutely amazing. You could smell and feel the power yet you could not put your finger on where it was all coming from. As these Katas were played, I found myself not removing my eyes from the screen and or even blinking. The attention to detail was incredible but nothing compared to the focus of this individual. Every movement was polished and sharp yet these Katas were so gentle to watch with my eyes. The movement within these Katas had no real stopping point, everything flowed like one long technique. Dedication, devotion, desire, skill, and time are some of the key ingredients here making these Katas the best I have ever seen.

…I realized that devoting yourself to something is a life well spent with amazing by-products….

I have more work to do now!!

Please share
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Okay, (like a fish) I'll bite! Who was it and where's the youtube link????
    I think we could all stand to be so inspired.

Many thanks

~Peace

Check out the "x-treme kenpo video by larry tatum." I do not have permission to post this video otherwise I would in a second. This vid is worth the price hands down.

-carl

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links