Thread: Mohammed Tabatabai

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Smile Mohammed Tabatabai

Firstly, I have some of Mr Tabatabai's dvd's and have personally, been very impressed with what i've seen. His material is very easy to follow and is well set out.

Also, can anyone tell me if they have met/trained with Mr Tabatabai, or have anything to say about him. I would be very interested in hearing what you think...

Craig.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfenmoon For This Useful Post:

Martin Seck (07-02-2007)

Thanks

Default Re: Mohammed Tabatabai

I like Mohammad's videos, and I have had the opportunity of chatting it up with him on one occasion. He is very well spoken guy. He was a former student of Larry Tatum, although you will see a fair amount of variation in the way he does things compared to Larry.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Seabrook For This Useful Post:

Martin Seck (07-02-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfenmoon View Post
    Firstly, I have some of Mr Tabatabai's dvd's and have personally, been very impressed with what i've seen. His material is very easy to follow and is well set out.

Also, can anyone tell me if they have met/trained with Mr Tabatabai, or have anything to say about him. I would be very interested in hearing what you think...

Craig.
    I also have his entire video catalog and agree that he puts allot of detail in his work. The entire system from yellow to 5th black including through form 8.

If you look close you can see the Tatum influences. Jamie is correct that Mr. Tabatabai earned his black belt from Master Tatum.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I have been training under Mohamad since early 2000 and received my 2nd black from him. His insights into Kenpo are amazing. Everyone in the school are great friends and there is just a wonderful energy once you step through the door. Mohamad has a wide knowledge as a fighter and is willing to share EVERY bit of that knowledge with no equivocation. I have been into other schools but have never found anyone close to Mohamad. On top of all of that, he is one of the nicest guys you could ever know.

If you're ever in the area we always welcome visitors, so please come on in.

-Grahm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grahm For This Useful Post:

wolfenmoon (09-04-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

My Kenpo "Father", Mr. Roger Taylor, was a 1st Brown when he joined Mr. Tabatabai's school. I'm not sure how long he stayed, had to move later, but I know he earned his 1st and maybe his 2nd Dan under Mr. Tabatabai. Mr. Taylor always spoke VERY highly of him and especially his skills as both an instructor and a performer of Kenpo.
    I've not seen his videos myself, but what people here have said fits everything I've ever heard of them.

Your Brother
    John
    Last edited by Brother John; 08-28-2007 at 03:40 AM. Reason: kus ah kaint spel kno goood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Thanks

We too have his DVD's. He has a slightly different spin on his Techniques then Mr. Tatum, and His Kata was very good too. We enjoyed his material very much and would recomend him.

I am Most Respectfully,
    sifuroy

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

As a relatively new student in AK, my instructor recommended Mr. Tabatabai's dvd's to supplement my instruction when my schedule does not permit a lesson and I could immediately see why, they are great instructional dvds.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sifuroy View Post
    We too have his DVD's. He has a slightly different spin on his Techniques then Mr. Tatum, and His Kata was very good too. We enjoyed his material very much and would recomend him.

I am Most Respectfully,
    sifuroy
    I also have bought many of his DVD's during the 90's.

I would recommend his DVD's.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

12. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

wolfenmoon (09-04-2007)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links