Thread: Anyone ever worked with Arnie Inouye?

Thanks

Default Anyone ever worked with Arnie Inouye?

At the end of our last class, we had a visitor. His name is Arnie Inouye.

IIt turns out that he is a kenpoist who worked with Ed Parker and, apparently, edited or helped with the Infinite Insights books.

Has anyone here ever worked with him?

He's in Sacramento and Tara and I are hoping he comes back and that we can perhaps get an opportunity to train with him.

Anyone have any stories or info to share about him?

--Amy

The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Anyone ever worked with Arnie Inouye?

I don't know Mr. Inouye personally, but my original kenpo teacher in the 90s (Mr. McCoy) and he both came up through the ranks together I believe. If you look at the family tree listed in one of the Infinite Insights book, you'll see him under Steve Fox's lineage.

http://tracyskarate.com/Parkertree/fox.htm

Also, a school that you visited in Northern CA last year has a black belt that trained with Mr. Inouye. Send me an email and I can give you more details.

Sean

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hello. I know this is very late considering your initial posting, but I have worked with Arnie. I trained under him for 7 years - on and off. I am now in Central / Southern CA passing on what I learned from Arnie. If you ever get a chance to train with Arnie - it will be time well spent. His patience and attention to detail are both endless. I was fortunate enough to be referred to him by someone that had grown up with him. It was the best thing other than sports that I ever found as a tool to learn to control and channel my agression into a positive force that has changed my life - as I am sure that Kenpo has changed yours. Yes I am a fan of Arnie's. He has given me a lot. The last time I spoke with him was in Sacramento. You may be lucky enough to cross paths with him again. I have not dropped in to train with him when I am in Sacramento for a number of years now, but he always makes all of us returnees feel very welcome. It seems to pass on to all of those he meets. A true gentleman in all paths of life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dad Kahuna For This Useful Post:

amylong (02-17-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seca2man View Post
    I don't know Mr. Inouye personally, but my original kenpo teacher in the 90s (Mr. McCoy) and he both came up through the ranks together I believe.

I just met Mr. McCoy this weekend. Really nice guy. He's been out of kenpo for awhile due to health reasons, but is getting back into it. We've invited him to come workout with us and he may take us up on it.

Good to know about Arnie. We haven't seen him come back, but it may still happen.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt

AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Smile Re: Anyone ever worked with Arnie Inouye?

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    At the end of our last class, we had a visitor. His name is Arnie Inouye.

Has anyone here ever worked with him?

--Amy

No, but I'd like to meet him!
    * Why is there always time to do it over, when there is never time to do it right?
    * K
    -knowledge E-enriches N-nice P-people O-only
    * All I ask for is ... Measurable Progress in Reasonable Time .....
    * Time will either Promote you or Expose You!
    * There are two ways of spreading the light.... 1]. to be the candle or 2]. the mirror that reflects it!
    * It's not what you take with you when you go....... but rather what you leave behind!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links