Thread: Mills Crenshaw the Chinese Bandit?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,335 Posts

Default Mills Crenshaw the Chinese Bandit?

Dear Kenpo brothers and sisters:

I once heard that Mills Crenshaw briefly enered pro wrestling os the masked "Chinese bandit." The story I heard was that he tore up a number of his oppoenets and got thrown out for not following the story line.

Is this story for real and does anyone know what happened?
    I'm thinking the time frame had to be back in the 60's.

Thanks

Default Re: Mills Crenshaw the Chinese Bandit?

Mills posts on another board........I want to see if he will visit this board.
    I'll ask him.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Mills Crenshaw the Chinese Bandit?

I had occasion to do a Google search and found a link to this site. Much to my surprise it took me to your question raised on 11/10/2006... about my wrestling "career" as the "CHINESE BANDIT." (I didnít think anyone knew about that) My oldest son, Kevin, was three years old at the time. He is now a grandfather... thatís how long ago this occurred. I always try to respond quickly...no matter how long it takes, so here are the facts:
    I thought it would be fun to incorporate some Kenpo into the sport and bring some realism into the ring. Since I would be fighting under a mask I felt it would not hurt my reputation in business or the martial arts. The other fighters loved the idea and we prepared for the upcoming matches. The myth is more fun than the facts. My wife, at the time made it clear...I could perform in the ring or stay married. Tough choice; but that was the end of the Chinese Bandit. My other children and their children are grateful for the choice.
    Cordially,
    Mills Crenshaw

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mills Crenshaw For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (01-16-2009),Dr. Dave in da house (01-16-2009),KenpoHank (01-16-2009),nelson (01-16-2009),Rob Broad (01-16-2009)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Mills Crenshaw the Chinese Bandit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mills Crenshaw View Post

I had occasion to do a Google search and found a link to this site. Much to my surprise it took me to your question raised on 11/10/2006... about my wrestling "career" as the "CHINESE BANDIT." (I didnít think anyone knew about that) My oldest son, Kevin, was three years old at the time. He is now a grandfather... thatís how long ago this occurred. I always try to respond quickly...no matter how long it takes, so here are the facts:
    I thought it would be fun to incorporate some Kenpo into the sport and bring some realism into the ring. Since I would be fighting under a mask I felt it would not hurt my reputation in business or the martial arts. The other fighters loved the idea and we prepared for the upcoming matches. The myth is more fun than the facts. My wife, at the time made it clear...I could perform in the ring or stay married. Tough choice; but that was the end of the Chinese Bandit. My other children and their children are grateful for the choice.
    Cordially,
    Mills Crenshaw
    Doesn't sound like a tough choice, but the right one given the situation. There is only so much time you have with your family and kids before you or they are gone.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links