Thread: Thanks to Takai

Thanks

Default Thanks to Takai

Hi All,

I've been visiting up near Oregon and I was just able to get on for a few minutes.

Last night, I went to Takai's (Kurt's) school in Phoenix, OR.

They made me feel very welcome. They haven't had group classes for awhile, so I was invited to join and to teach it. Apparently, their regular head instructor has been ill for some time and hasn't been able to teach groups, so his son has been standing in doing privates for the last 3 months.

I discovered, when I got there, that they were under Tracy system. They didn't seem to know that either, so I wonder if their lineage is similar to Tracy but not directly from.

*****I wanted to add that I think it's so great that a person can go visit another school in another state and feel so welcomed. It's very kind of them and we're going to do it again next week. Also, thanks much to this forum for making it possible!

Perhaps Takai could tell us who they are through and some of you may know the lineage and can help shed some light.

I also noticed that they don't do forward bows in long 1. None. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else?

--Amy
    Last edited by amylong; 07-26-2006 at 09:02 PM.
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amylong For This Useful Post:

Boyceweb (05-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Re: Thanks to Takai

Sounds like a good example of Kenpo brotherhood. Glad you had a good time!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Amy,

I am glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to be reminded how out shape I am. (And how much more work my hip needs).

In answer to your lineage question. It was explained to me as the following. Parker to Steve Fox to Mr. Days to our instructor Michael Boyce.

I am really looking forward to next Tuesday as well.

Kurt
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong

I also noticed that they don't do forward bows in long 1. None. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else?

--Amy
    There aren't many in ours but there are some. I had to think about it for a minute. We don't do the punches that I've seen other branches of EPAK do. I think it's originally supposed to be that way, but was probably removed fromt the AKKI for some reason.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links