Thread: Will the IKKA reform or is it gone forever?

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Will the IKKA reform or is it gone forever?

Up until maybe a year and half ago, I heard talks the Ed Parker Jr. was planning to bring the IKKA back. I remember going to the official website (which is no longer working) and the home page stated some of Ed Sr's books (mainly the Encyclopedia) were in the process of being reprinted, and I also believe some of the only "official" videos that GM Parker made before his death were going to be re-released.

I have heard nothing more about the IKKA or whether the encyclopedia is still going to be reprinted. Does anyone have any information? Some may feel there is no purpose in reinstating the IKKA since the passing of SGM, but there are so many other organizations that surely there is still a place for the IKKA.

Thanks

Default Re: Will the IKKA reform or is it gone forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper

I have heard nothing more about the IKKA or whether the encyclopedia is still going to be reprinted. Does anyone have any information? Some may feel there is no purpose in reinstating the IKKA since the passing of SGM, but there are so many other organizations that surely there is still a place for the IKKA.
    All the book are deffinetely being printed but they are are a little hard to find. Most are on Amazon.com and MartialMart.com

As far as the IKKA, as far as I have heard from my instructor Mr. Joe Palanzo the IKKA at this point will not come back together. Mr. Joe is always talking to Ed Parker Jr. But the books are out there as well as the patches you jut have to look for them.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Up until maybe a year and half ago, I heard talks the Ed Parker Jr. was planning to bring the IKKA back. I remember going to the official website (which is no longer working) and the home page stated some of Ed Sr's books (mainly the Encyclopedia) were in the process of being reprinted, and I also believe some of the only "official" videos that GM Parker made before his death were going to be re-released.

Ed Parker Jr. spoke about this last year on another forum. The IKKA was sold and Mr. Parker is not in business with the new owner. It was a really long explanation and post and i can't seem to locate it. Bottom line is he said it was not coming back and he was promoting his Father's art with his artwork and kenpokards (very nice by the way).

If I can find it I will post the quote.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

I found something

REGARDING THE IKKA

That association was obtained by a man named Marc Anthony from Mrs. Parker over 3 years ago. I was asked to assist with that venture. I no longer am involved with Mr. Anthony on any and all levels and to the best of my knowledge he still owns but does not operate that association.

I am not involved nor do I have any knowledge of the current state of affairs of the IKKA.

In order to accomplish my goals with my fathers legacy and his system I have chosen to NOT participate on a political level.

I have chosen to go the way of producing high quality learning and teaching materials (i.e. Kenpo Kards, books, etc.) for the industry as well as produce art (based upon the technique names), custom certificates, portraits and a few events such as the Disney Martial Arts festival in Orlando and now the new Disney Martial Arts festival in Anaheim, scheduled for Jan 2006.

This new direction is intended to allow me to support and participate with all of the roots and branches of the lineage that have come from my father.

I hope that this clarifies things as to my involvement.

Respects,
    Ed Parker Jr
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    I found something

REGARDING THE IKKA

That association was obtained by a man named Marc Anthony from Mrs. Parker over 3 years ago. I was asked to assist with that venture. I no longer am involved with Mr. Anthony on any and all levels and to the best of my knowledge he still owns but does not operate that association.

I am not involved nor do I have any knowledge of the current state of affairs of the IKKA.

In order to accomplish my goals with my fathers legacy and his system I have chosen to NOT participate on a political level.

I have chosen to go the way of producing high quality learning and teaching materials (i.e. Kenpo Kards, books, etc.) for the industry as well as produce art (based upon the technique names), custom certificates, portraits and a few events such as the Disney Martial Arts festival in Orlando and now the new Disney Martial Arts festival in Anaheim, scheduled for Jan 2006.

This new direction is intended to allow me to support and participate with all of the roots and branches of the lineage that have come from my father.

I hope that this clarifies things as to my involvement.

Respects,
    Ed Parker Jr
    Yep, that was it. I tried to pull it up and kept getting no such message. Guess my computer skills need some work
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    Yep, that was it. I tried to pull it up and kept getting no such message. Guess my computer skills need some work
    I read it when it was first posted and than forgot about it, luckly some of those lurkers was looking at it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

"It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
    Ahh, thanks for archiving that. This question comes up more often than people think.

Sad day to see it gone. I don't have the will power to take the IKKA crest off my uniform, just doesn't seem right to remove it.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the information. I had no idea that the IKKA was sold. It is a little sad to think of the "end of an era" so to speak. Unfortunately, I did not begin studying kenpo until 2 years ago so I missed out on it.

In regards to the books, I found the Infinite Insights books available on several websites but the encyclopedia is harder to come by, at least for a working man's budget. So I hope at least Ed Jr. has the rights to the books and perhaps can get them reprinted at some point. I didn't know that he was involved in the Kenpo Kards; I will definitely order them.

I appreciate the information and I am happy that I found this forum. There are so many experienced Kenpoka here so I look forward to reading all I can find about Kenpo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

It is a sad thing that IKKA has collapsed. But maybe its demise will serve as a lesson for all the other organizations out there.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Thanks for the information. I had no idea that the IKKA was sold. It is a little sad to think of the "end of an era" so to speak. Unfortunately, I did not begin studying kenpo until 2 years ago so I missed out on it.

In regards to the books, I found the Infinite Insights books available on several websites but the encyclopedia is harder to come by, at least for a working man's budget. So I hope at least Ed Jr. has the rights to the books and perhaps can get them reprinted at some point. I didn't know that he was involved in the Kenpo Kards; I will definitely order them.

I appreciate the information and I am happy that I found this forum. There are so many experienced Kenpoka here so I look forward to reading all I can find about Kenpo.
    Good topic and welcome to KenpoTalk.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I think one of the problems is the org was sold to a "moneyist" not a kenpoist lol I guess money has been the key to many a good thing's demise.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

The millionaire is married to one of Mr. Parker's daughters. That was in the threads linked if you pursued it. "The end of an era?" Nah, not unless you want it to be. The flame burns on. You were doing fine without knowing the era ended weren't you? Some of us were very sad that the school close and the landlord would not allow another Kenpo school in there. But the IKKA has been supported by it's great Sr. instructors outside of the Pasadena school for many decades. They essentially priced themselves out of business.

-Michael
    “The superior man cultivates a friendly harmony, without being weak.—How firm is he in his energy! He stands erect in the middle without inclining to either side.—How firm is he in his energy!”
    ~Confucius

Kenpo-Texas.com

AKTS.US

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Good point. We all get along and are from different backgrounds. WE can keep the flame burning through consistantly demonstrating cooperation and respect for one another and a willingness to keep an open mind and a willingness to help each other become better.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Billings
    The millionaire is married to one of Mr. Parker's daughters. That was in the threads linked if you pursued it. "The end of an era?" Nah, not unless you want it to be. The flame burns on. You were doing fine without knowing the era ended weren't you? Some of us were very sad that the school close and the landlord would not allow another Kenpo school in there. But the IKKA has been supported by it's great Sr. instructors outside of the Pasadena school for many decades. They essentially priced themselves out of business.

-Michael
    Was that Larry Kongaika?

Didn't he earn his black belt from Mr. Mills not from Mr. Parker?
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

Was that Larry Kongaika?

Didn't he earn his black belt from Mr. Mills not from Mr. Parker?
    No. Vonnies hubby. Is into lease renewals for cell sites now; major sales operation in So Cal.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house
    No. Vonnies hubby. Is into lease renewals for cell sites now; major sales operation in So Cal.
    Ahhhh.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,941 Times in 5,595 Posts

Ahhhh.
    Additionally, with the imminent death of Mrs. Parker, the property that encompasses The original Pasadena School, is up for sale. needless to say, the property is worth considerably more than any "karate school," so it is not likely martial arts of any type will continue there.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Additionally, with the imminent death of Mrs. Parker, the property that encompasses The original Pasadena School, is up for sale. needless to say, the property is worth considerably more than any "karate school," so it is not likely martial arts of any type will continue there.
    I feel that Kenpo lives on in our hearts no matter where we teach it. It isn't tied to a physical place on the earth.

It is sad to see this happen. I wish the best for the Parker family during this time.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links