Thread: Other Kempo/Kenpo styles?

Thanks

Default Other Kempo/Kenpo styles?

Have you folks trained with anyone from a different Kenpo system? I know that I really enjoy working with folks from other related styles (any style actually) but it seems many times that there is a "barrier" that is hard to break through... Kenpo seems to have more animosity (between each style) than other martial arts.

I have worked with folks from San Soo, TKD, Aikido, and Shito Ryu and others but if I try to connect to other kenpo people there seems to be tension...

Cheers everyone!
    The above is just my opinion.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Other Kempo/Kenpo styles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianhsuhe
    Have you folks trained with anyone from a different Kenpo system? I know that I really enjoy working with folks from other related styles (any style actually) but it seems many times that there is a "barrier" that is hard to break through... Kenpo seems to have more animosity (between each style) than other martial arts.

I have worked with folks from San Soo, TKD, Aikido, and Shito Ryu and others but if I try to connect to other kenpo people there seems to be tension...
    I beat a BB practitioner of Moh/Shaolin Kempo in a "friendly" match about eight or nine years ago. Otherwise, I've worked out with EPAK guys a couple of times. There's a closed kempo community where I live, but I don't know much about them. They keep to themselves and workout in a private area in back of a local pool hall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

Default Re: Other Kempo/Kenpo styles?

We are a Shaolin Kempo school. We brought Doc Chapel out last October, and we had SL4, LTKKA, another American Kenpo group (under Joe Rebelo), Hapkido, and Aikido people of all ranks there. Everybody worked tiogether, and learned something to take home with them, it was a big success.

My fraternity brother from many years ago got his 2nd in Tracy's, after some initial translation problems in terminology we were able to trade some info. But we were old friends from 20 years ago.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links