Thread: Embryonic-Mechanical-Spontaneous

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Embryonic-Mechanical-Spontaneous

Can the instructors out there give an example of how they would guide a student from the embryonic stage to the mechanical stage and then to the spontaneous stage?

For instance: How would you approach a techinque with a beginner at the embryonic stage? What would be your training method versus a student with a better grasp of the basics whom you would teach at the mechanical stage? What methods would you use to help them achieve the spontaneous stage?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Embryonic-Mechanical-Spontaneous

When you refer to Embryonic, Mechanical, and Spontanious stages, you mean the forms of movement right?

The reason I ask is I have never heard them in these terms before. I have always heard them as Solid/Mechanical, Liquid/Flowing, and Gasous/Explosive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

It's related to motion, but more so in regards to how students learn and apply the material. *Refer to Ininite Insights Vol 2.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

When going from the first to second stage, I tell them you need to flow more. You move like a robot pretty much in the embryonic stage because you are going step by step. When going to the second stage you must flow through technique without relly stopping. They should be moving constantly.

Than when moving to t he next step I tell the to really put things together. See what can mach up with which and this is where having a backround in music from school helped me. It should no longer be 1,2,3,4.
    It should be 1 and 2 and. Put things together to make it one thing.

Five Swords example:
    Instead of block than chop it could be block while step and once you settle the chop should be out there. So really instead of a block it would be a parry.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpo89
    When you refer to Embryonic, Mechanical, and Spontanious stages, you mean the forms of movement right?

The reason I ask is I have never heard them in these terms before. I have always heard them as Solid/Mechanical, Liquid/Flowing, and Gasous/Explosive.
    i have heard it explained both ways..

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I believe that one typically refers to techniques or basics, the other to states (or ways) of motion.

-Michael
    “The superior man cultivates a friendly harmony, without being weak.—How firm is he in his energy! He stands erect in the middle without inclining to either side.—How firm is he in his energy!”
    ~Confucius

Kenpo-Texas.com

AKTS.US

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links