Thread: All Fired Up!

Thanks

Default All Fired Up!

I just got back from a really great workout.

I heard recently from my old friend, Phil DesRosiers, who I used to workout with at Marin Kenpo many years ago. So we picked today and I drove down to his school and we worked out for about an hour.

It flew by. Working with Phil is like a have a personal, mini seminar.

We worked on two techniques: Protective Fans and Snaking Talon and looked at the similarities. He was also showing me about driving forward and how, if you're moving foward, a knee to the groin is just as effective as a kick.

He also was showing me a great takedown/flip that is so easy to do and fists in really well with the kenpo techniques. I'm not that knowledgable about Juijitsu so it's exciting to me.

It was also great to work with Phil because he happens to be exactly my height and weight, so when he tells me that this or that doesn't work well on a big guy, then I know he knows what he's talking about.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share about a great workout. Makes me look forward even more to camp. I know at least one or two people there will be working on take downs and manipulations. Very cool stuff.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: All Fired Up!

It is always great when we become re-invigorated.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links