• 1 Post By sumdumguy
  • 1 Post By Ma_student

Thread: Grandmaster Terry Taylor?

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default Grandmaster Terry Taylor?

Greetings all,

Does anyone have any dealings with Terry Taylor? I see that he post a bunch of technique videos but in my humble opinion his fundamentals to the core look quite amateur? from the little bit of history i have seen on the guy he went from first degree black belt to 10th in a matter of 4 years. i have not seen any of where he gets his lineage from...

i have been attacked by what i'm assuming is his student base when i ask questions about his qualifications of rank and have been questioned on my own training (witch is very fair). i have also been asked why i slander such a great man.

here are the issues i have. he wears a Kenpo 10th degree black belt. this denotes a level of mastery that individuals who look to be proficient in the martial arts in order to use it as a self defense art. im assuming he wears this rank to look better for attracting students. his self defense techniques will cause either injury or death. he is very irresponsible in his actions.

my favorite quote from one of his supporters is he deserves a Judan because he is a really nice guy...

if anyone has seen any of his videos or had any dealings with him please let me know? let me know if my thoughts are off on the guy?

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,936 Times in 5,592 Posts

Default Re: Grandmaster Terry Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatkenpo View Post
    Greetings all,

Does anyone have any dealings with Terry Taylor? I see that he post a bunch of technique videos but in my humble opinion his fundamentals to the core look quite amateur? from the little bit of history i have seen on the guy he went from first degree black belt to 10th in a matter of 4 years. i have not seen any of where he gets his lineage from...

i have been attacked by what i'm assuming is his student base when i ask questions about his qualifications of rank and have been questioned on my own training (witch is very fair). i have also been asked why i slander such a great man.

here are the issues i have. he wears a Kenpo 10th degree black belt. this denotes a level of mastery that individuals who look to be proficient in the martial arts in order to use it as a self defense art. im assuming he wears this rank to look better for attracting students. his self defense techniques will cause either injury or death. he is very irresponsible in his actions.

my favorite quote from one of his supporters is he deserves a Judan because he is a really nice guy...

if anyone has seen any of his videos or had any dealings with him please let me know? let me know if my thoughts are off on the guy?
    How about a link.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    How about a link.
    Yeah, found him. He's horrible with no discernible basic skills based on what I saw. But he is in the Martial Fantasy League and is entitled to do whatever he wants that makes him happy.
    sumdumguy likes this.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

www.MSUACF.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

jfarnsworth (12-22-2019)

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Yeah, found him. He's horrible with no discernible basic skills based on what I saw. But he is in the Martial Fantasy League and is entitled to do whatever he wants that makes him happy.

Doc, calling it as it is.
    You are not here to win friends. You are not here to look pretty. You are not here to stare at some chick's @ss. You know why you're here. And if you don't, then get the **** out because you're just taking up space......So SHUT up and TRAIN - Flex Mag.

`If you wish to get ahold of me please contact me at jhfarnsworth@yahoo.com.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    http://www.kenpoguy.com/phasic-kombatives-integrated/phasic-kombatives/
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Combatkenpo View Post
    Greetings all,

Well you got more on him then I cared to get. As a participating member of the MFL he is making us all look really bad!!! LOL but I did post video on him in another thread I believe... as for the requirement of " a really nice guy" for Judan, well that is a can of worms I ain't a touch'n. 4 years from 1st to tenth... Ummmmm he might should be a little better than that? just say'n. But alas, you are a slanderer and should be ashamed. LOL JK
    Combatkenpo likes this.
    "The problem is not whether or not you like bad kenpo, the problem is recognizing whether or not your kenpo is bad!"
    "learning should be an endless process, learning how to continually learn is the key and requires the release of ego"

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Its as if he forgot he has 2 arms when he performs techniques? quite hilarious

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

He has a Facebook page under Synergy Martial Arts. Trained under Mike Hess. States he has an 8th degree in Kenpo and an 8th degree in Taekwondo. The GM is in the art he founded which he calls KemTaeDo Kenpo. He has a lot of videos on his FB page.

I don’t know him. The thread peaked my late night interest, so I did some research.
    Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it
    ‘Chinese Proverb

Thanks

I went out and about and I gotta say.... Doc.. how are you so very wrong on this?!?

This guy is amazing.. astounding!!! Astonishing even.. he certaily moves like few others.... and.. ... just wow... i am in Awe... AWE I tell you!!!!!!!

I have found my new point of light and will renounce everything I have previously ever learned for this...

yea.. wow...

Ok so i was thinking about giving up Sarcasm for the new year.. and wanted to get it all out first.. but... no.. I think I'll keep it.

Bunny
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny View Post
    I went out and about and I gotta say.... Doc.. how are you so very wrong on this?!?

This guy is amazing.. astounding!!! Astonishing even.. he certaily moves like few others.... and.. ... just wow... i am in Awe... AWE I tell you!!!!!!!

I have found my new point of light and will renounce everything I have previously ever learned for this...

yea.. wow...

Ok so i was thinking about giving up Sarcasm for the new year.. and wanted to get it all out first.. but... no.. I think I'll keep it.

Bunny
    Better you than him.

www.MSUACF.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

MrBunny (12-31-2019)

Thanks

Better you than him.

Happy New year!
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

lol just searched his name to see if anyone posted about him because I saw one of his videos on a forum and man...it’s a disgrace him wearing a tenth. He can’t even throw a basic punch
    Combatkenpo likes this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ma_student For This Useful Post:

Combatkenpo (1 Week Ago)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links