Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make up Techniques

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default Make up Techniques

We will sometimes do a make-up technique drill where we come up with techniques, do them as a group and critique them on what works and what doesn’t. It is always very interesting and enlightening to see how others think and move and I always learn something from this exercise.
    So…got a made up technique you want to share?
    This is one I did as part of my Brown Belt test. I welcome comments/criticisms…
    I am not very good at describing techniques clearly, so I hope this doesn’t read like hieroglyphics. Also our school uses different terminology from what I have been reading here, so I have tried to use general terms and descriptions. This is my first attempt at writing out a technique here at KT so bear with me….

Attack: Right wheel kick low followed by right punch
    As the attacker throws the kick, raise your right leg and shin block the kick, planting forward. Right inward block as the attacker follows with the right punch. Trap the right wrist with your right and execute a left four finger eye strike. Begin stepping back to 6:00 with your right foot into a rear horse (neutral bow) as your hands slide down the attackers arm, until his hand is in both of yours with your thumbs on the back of his hand, pulling the arm straight and twisting clockwise, then applying downward pressure causing him to bend over. Right snap (front) kick to face standing him up again and plant back into your rear horse. Re-grip the right wrist with your right turning his arm back counter clockwise until his elbow is facing the floor and with a slight adjustment step with your left, use an upward left forearm to the back of the elbow while pulling down with your right arm. Right foot steps behind your left to approx 9:00, spin and strike the back of the head/neck with a right elbow as you come around.

Kind of an awkward description, hope you can follow.
    "I dont know if you know this but......I am kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogony" Ron Burgandy

Thanks

Default Re: Make up Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerstripes
    As the attacker throws the kick, raise your right leg and shin block the kick, planting forward. .
    Owwwwwwwwwww! Shin block?! Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amylong

--Amy
    Funny.... that's exactly the first thing that went through my head as well!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Exchanging the Gift – Handshake – As Opponent tries to squeeze your hand and force you to the ground, go with the squeeze and drop to your left knee. Reach your left hand up and grab (or punch as appropriate) the groin. As you rise to your feet, left hand circles under O’s right hand and grips it near the wrist. Your right hand breaks the grip, back knuckles O in the temple (while pulling arm). Rt. hand moves to snap elbow. Rt. hand reaches behind O’s shoulder and pulls as you step back right rt. foot into a forward bow. Rt. knee to O’s chest, circling rt. elbow to O’s spine. Plant forward.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

Thanks

At my old school part of your brown and above involved creating techniques..

personal favorite of mine..

Attack : close quarter two hand lappel grab.

With left hand trap attackers right hand, turn and use rising palm strike to the jaw between the opponents arms.

right hammering inward followed by an immidate right extended outward to clear his arms.

Right and left grabs attackers collar and drive the top of your forhead into the center of the attackers face as you pull them tward you. "Kiah!!"

Reccomend being experianced with headbutts prior to using this.

Thanks

Kicking the Corpse (lol, just kidding..it doesn't have a name)
    Defense: Direct shoulder push to your left shoulder
    Stance: Natural

1) Trap opponent's right hand to your shoulder with your left hand as you step up into a right neutral bow (turning with the force of the push/borrowed force) simultaneously executing a right uppercut to opponent's chin

2) Follow through with the uppercut and circle in taking control of oppnent's right wrist with your right hand while maintaining the trap with your left hand.

3) Execute a reverse step through assuming a left neutral bow as you apply a gooseneck wrist lock and twist opponen'ts arm clockwise placing them in a bent over position (keep gooseneck and wrist elevated above their shoulder level)

4) Pull in on the opponent's arm simultaneously executing a left front kick to opponent's ribs applying opposing forces. (the idea is to break the ribs and dislocate the shoulder at the same time.)

5) Cover out.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

--Amy
    No talking about shin blocks please LOL. I am still healing. Stupid shin pads.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler

1) Trap opponent's right hand to your shoulder with your left hand as you step up into a right neutral bow (turning with the force of the push/borrowed force) simultaneously executing a right uppercut to opponent's chin

2) Follow through with the uppercut and circle in taking control of oppnent's right wrist with your right hand while maintaining the trap with your left hand.

3) Execute a reverse step through assuming a left neutral bow as you apply a gooseneck wrist lock and twist opponen'ts arm clockwise placing them in a bent over position (keep gooseneck and wrist elevated above their shoulder level)

4) Pull in on the opponent's arm simultaneously executing a left front kick to opponent's ribs applying opposing forces. (the idea is to break the ribs and dislocate the shoulder at the same time.)

5) Cover out.
    thats so rude.....

I like it.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

OOOOO in preparation for shin blocks... one of my isntructors told me to prepare my shins by... taking my sticks and doing what he calls "rolling your shins". Ugh... roll your sticks up and down your shins.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Hehe!! Makes me think of a grab in Tekken.

5) Cover out.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis
    OOOOO in preparation for shin blocks... one of my isntructors told me to prepare my shins by... taking my sticks and doing what he calls "rolling your shins". Ugh... roll your sticks up and down your shins.
    I was told to use an actual rolling pin..... like ya make biscuits with. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis
    I know exactly what you are talking about... good gods that hurts... I used my escrema sticks rubbing them up and down ten times then tap up and down the shin with it. So incredibly unplesent.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Incredibly unpleasant, but much better than taking a shinful beating by a former TK/EPAK black belt who initiated me into sparring when I was a blue belt. Constant shin blocks till i could barely stand. I couldn't back down either. I just kept at it for about 30 minutes until my legs were annihilated. That's how I made myself learn though, in sparring, just keep beating me to a pulp until I figure it out... don't worry... the brain will egnage at some point.

I hated shin rolling but it helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny
    I know exactly what you are talking about... good gods that hurts... I used my escrema sticks rubbing them up and down ten times then tap up and down the shin with it. So incredibly unplesent.
    -Camey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

I was told to use an actual rolling pin..... like ya make biscuits with. LOL
    My instructor had me use a beer bottle, then a Seagrams V0 bottle to work my shins. The funny thing is he never drank.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Makes you wonder where the bottles came from don't it? LOL

Thanks

<valley>Like, omigosh, no one is talking about eyeshadow or blush! The title of this thread is So misleading!!</valley>
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    <valley>Like, omigosh, no one is talking about eyeshadow or blush! The title of this thread is So misleading!!</valley>
    Sorry to have mislead you ma'am. Perhaps you should start a thread titled "Kenpo Kosmetics" or "How to Effectively Hide Black Eyes an Other Bruises."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    These are tips for how to make your opponent blush with shame at the beating they just took and how to make them need eyeshadow to cover up the bruises.

You're funny.

--Amy

Thanks

You're funny.

--Amy
    I try not to be too serious anymore. It just gets in the way of enjoying life
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks
    Thanked 3,586 Times in 2,192 Posts

I'll frequently make up an technique for one or more attackers in my group classes. Usually, it's to reinforce the concepts that were worked on during drills.

Here's my three man mass attack. It's still a little coarse and more basic than I want it to be but I haven't had a chance to do much tweaking on it recenty. Bear with me, it's lengthy to describe. I call it "The Angry Sloth".

Attackers at 12(#1), 3(#2), and 5(#3). #1 throws a RHP. Response is a left outward parry and a right heel hand to the face from a right neutral bow. Left arm circles around through set resulting in a reverse hand punch to the solar plexus from a broken bow, bending the attacker over.

Attackers #2 and 3 move in. While holding #1 down by the back of his neck, right rear thrust to #3 and a right side thrust to #2.

Stand attacker #1 up with rising chicken wrists through the chest, followed by double chops to the collar bones. Right spinning reverse crescent to finish him off.

As the kick finishes, #2 is coming in from behind. Turn right into a broken bow, right whipping back knuckle to the temple.

#3 comes in from your left with an attempted two arm grab. Double outward extended blocks from a left neutral bow. Right chop to the ribs, left palm down chop to the throat, right side fist to the face, turn right into a broken bow and do a left chop to the groin. Turn back into a neutral bow, left elbow to the head to move him back, left side thrust to finish.

#3 comes in with a right overhand strike. Sidestep left, left soft hand block, right arm comes up inside attacker's right elbow, left hand goes around the neck as you c-step 90 degrees to the right into a hard bow, throwing him across your hip. Grab #3 by the throat as he tries to stand up, two right knees to the groin while maintaining the grip on the throat and let his pain wracked body slump to the ground. Cover out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links