Thread: place to study kenpo

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default place to study kenpo

i,m 37 years old 6,2 and weigh 265 ,i just had two stents put in do to clogged arteries.but i wan,t to learn kenpo karate i live in the st.louis MO area the only dojos around here seem to be tracy's karate. does anybody have any opinion on them or maybe know of others in my area that teach kenpo.any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. ct111

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: place to study kenpo

Hi ct111,
    I have no infomation on Kenpo schools in your area, but living in the "Show Me" state of Missouri you should visit each school a few times and see for yourself.
    Kenpo has to fit you the individual, and the same should be true of your Kenpo school, it should fit YOU!!
    I salute your decision to take Kenpo at 35+ there seems to be more and more of us.

What have I learned from this???

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

i heard from a friend down there that the tracy's is pretty good, she likes it alot, i'll drag her on here, she'd help you out.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

where in st louis do you live?

I live in the kirkwood/des peres area and train at a tracy's karate. A lot of people at first think that training there isnt as good as some studio that no one's ever heard of and are worried that since they're all across the US that they're concerned about money and their name and not actually teachin kenpo.

I've visited some websites of other tracy schools around the USA and some of them ARE crap (5 techniques for each belt? thats IT? Gold belt? red belts? wtf is this?????)

But each of them are individually owned. The ones in our area happen to kick ass :-d.

there is one or two no-name studios in our area... but guess who trained the heads of those schools? heh - tracy's.

Now, tournaments don't necessarily have anything to do with 'good' kenpo - but the tracy's studios from st louis took home a couple of first places from the national blue grass tournament a few weeks ago. Not every studio can claim so much.

But really I could go on for days about how our studio is a great place to train when really you ought to just come check them out and see for yourself.

The one in kirkwood is the 'mothership' so to speak. many of the instructors at the other 3 tracy's were trained under sid gee or joe talbot or dave hofer or tim golby and now work at different studios. It's the largest studio out of the 4. It's also my studio.

It would be pretty cool if you trained there.

which leads us bck to the question... where in st louis do you live?

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

i live in edwardsville,IL and was thinking about the tracys karate in maryland heights MO. since they have daytime classes.i would need to go int the day because i work evenings.ct111

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ct111
    i live in edwardsville,IL and was thinking about the tracys karate in maryland heights MO. since they have daytime classes.i would need to go int the day because i work evenings.ct111
    Hows that been working for ya??

Your Bro.
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links