Thread: Welcome to the Beginners Corner.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,156 Posts

Default Welcome to the Beginners Corner.

Welcome to the Martial Arts. A world of wonder and discovery awaits you. This forum is for all of us beginners, just starting out, looking for something new, or just curious.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, regardless of how 'odd' it may seem. There are no 'stupid' questions, just those left unasked.

Many of our members are experienced instructors who will be more than happy to help guide you on your journey. We believe that there is no one 'Best' art, just what is 'best for me'. Everyone is different, has different needs and abilities.

Good luck in your Journey.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Welcome to the Beginners Corner.

Thank-you for this forum...Bob
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Beginners Corner.

You truly are "The Iron Chef"
    Thank you

What have I learned from this???

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hello Everyone I just Joined the site. My son and I both have been doing Kenpo Karate. He joined about 6 months ago and I started about 2 months later. He has already went thru 2 Belt ceremoies ,one was just aweek ago, and is now up to Yellow/Orange Belt. Forgot to mention he is only 6 yrs old. Can you tell Dads kinda proud? I I also Tested and did well enough to skip a belt, so now I am an Orange Belt. Anyway just wanted to say I know how it feels to get your fisrt belt. Its alot of hard work but well worth the effort. So keep up the good work stay focused and remember "the best things in life are earned."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kleinschmidt View Post
    Hello Everyone I just Joined the site. My son and I both have been doing Kenpo Karate. He joined about 6 months ago and I started about 2 months later. He has already went thru 2 Belt ceremoies ,one was just aweek ago, and is now up to Yellow/Orange Belt. Forgot to mention he is only 6 yrs old. Can you tell Dads kinda proud? I I also Tested and did well enough to skip a belt, so now I am an Orange Belt. Anyway just wanted to say I know how it feels to get your fisrt belt. Its alot of hard work but well worth the effort. So keep up the good work stay focused and remember "the best things in life are earned."
    Welcome and Congratulations

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hello everyone...I recently switched my focus from Tae Kwon Do to Kenpo 5.0. Had to swallow the ol' pride and start over at white belt again. But well worth it in my opinion. Have been doing Kenpo full time for about 3 months and am testing for my Orange belt in Santa Fe this weekend. It is a yearly get together that is normally held at Mr. Speakman's school in CA, but he was unable to get back from a trip in time. So they decided to go to Santa Fe instead. Should be fun, there will be 3-4 schools getting together to test and train for 3 days.
    Look forward to getting on here and checking out all the old timers breaking down the techniques as I learn them! JK!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 655 Posts

Welcome ...

Spent some time in Santa Fe this past autumn. Nice town. Good Food.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irshboy View Post
    Hello everyone...I recently switched my focus from Tae Kwon Do to Kenpo 5.0. Had to swallow the ol' pride and start over at white belt again. But well worth it in my opinion. Have been doing Kenpo full time for about 3 months and am testing for my Orange belt in Santa Fe this weekend. It is a yearly get together that is normally held at Mr. Speakman's school in CA, but he was unable to get back from a trip in time. So they decided to go to Santa Fe instead. Should be fun, there will be 3-4 schools getting together to test and train for 3 days.
    Look forward to getting on here and checking out all the old timers breaking down the techniques as I learn them! JK!
    There are good people in Mr. Speakmans group. Welcome to Kenpo
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links