Thread: defense from different positions

Thanks

Default defense from different positions

i dont know how to adequetly title this post.. but i've been thinking lately.. Kenpo is mainly an environmental art.. like ninjitsu in a way.. im curious how many of you train your techniques from different positions? i know there are some with the arms crossed, etc.. and some against a wall..

but how about...
    sitting down in a chair., standing up hands out (like writing on something).. sitting across from someone (like in a car driver/passanger), etc.. from a bent over position or kneel (like you're tying your shoe).. from a laying down position (like lying in bed), being in an enclosed space (like a bathroom stall).. etc

just about any position someone might think of you as vounerable..

Thanks

Default Re: defense from different positions

I have only ever worked against a wall before personally.. but the sitting down could have been usefull.. the only time I have ever been in a real fight I was reclined in a pappasan chair.. feet off the ground and the guy was throwing haymakers at me... incase anyone is wondering.. the opening block from Shielding hammer does indeed work from that position However driving your heel up into their solar plexus only results in you rolling backwards and ending up with a big freaking pillow into of your head.
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny
    ending up with a big freaking pillow into of your head.

It’s not funny what happened to you, but as I was reading that post I had a mental picture of sitting in one of those very comfortable but BAD for fighting out of chairs. Then falling over and having that “Big Freakin pillow on your head” That is hilarious
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi
    It’s not funny what happened to you, but as I was reading that post I had a mental picture of sitting in one of those very comfortable but BAD for fighting out of chairs. Then falling over and having that “Big Freakin pillow on your head” That is hilarious

I'm tellin ya.. I thought I was a deadman.. it took me a good 2 to 3 seconds to get it off me. Which in a fight is a long LONG time.

Fortunatly.. the guy who attacked me was an idiot from Fort Worth and was just standing there waiting for me to come out from under it before he attacked me again. sepped forward and grabbed me by my lappel with both hands and puched me against the wall. How classic a situation can you get right?

to be honest.. I fet bad for a couple of weeks for hurting him... I mean yea he attacked me.. but you almost gotta feel bad for someone so stupid.

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Thanks

But yes, I would like to see the occasional supliment class for thigns like that. the simulated impefect situation or rather the non-ideal technique line.

-JTHM

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny
    to be honest.. I fet bad for a couple of weeks for hurting him... I mean yea he attacked me.. but you almost gotta feel bad for someone so stupid.
    Nope. Their kids maybe.
    More Shugyo!

Thanks

Awesome topic!
    Mr. Brumby, my Mississippi instructor used to mess with us. One time he lined everyone up for a "Speed Line" and then pullled up a chair for the defender. The attack was whatever.
    A lot of times, our "Speed Line" was a punching attack, or a kicking attack. Left or Right, whichever the attacker chose.

Thanks

Try this in your next class. The smart students will drop back to a RNB, and the "excell" students will attack first, or, proactively.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links