Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Top 10 Techniques

  1. #1
    masherdong's Avatar
    masherdong is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Top 10 Techniques

    Hello everyone,

    I was just wondering what are your Top 10 techniques that you would use in an altercation? I am still trying to figure mine out so I just wanted to get an idea of what everyone else was using. Keep in mind that I am just a purple belt in kenpo so, I wont have many techniques to pull from. List away.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

  2. #2
    tdamap's Avatar
    tdamap is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wallingford, CT
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Here is a list of my favorites:

    -Delayed Sword
    -Alternating Maces
    -Snapping Twig
    -Parting Wings
    -Sleeper
    -Thundering Hammers
    -Attacking Mace
    -Darting Mace
    -Five Swords
    -Leaping Crane


  3. #3
    Threwsrooth is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by masherdong View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I was just wondering what are your Top 10 techniques that you would use in an altercation? I am still trying to figure mine out so I just wanted to get an idea of what everyone else was using. Keep in mind that I am just a purple belt in kenpo so, I wont have many techniques to pull from. List away.
    Well since I am just starting out I don't even have 10 techniques yet so I guess I woudl have to say my four favorites are Flashing Swords, Destroying Wedge, Swords of Fury and Deflecting Pendulum, I am hoping by next year I will not have added just the rest of yellow belt but might actually be able to throw in some cooler techniques that I like better.

  4. #4
    Black St1300 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 52 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Threwsrooth View Post
    Well since I am just starting out I don't even have 10 techniques yet so I guess I woudl have to say my four favorites are Flashing Swords, Destroying Wedge, Swords of Fury and Deflecting Pendulum, I am hoping by next year I will not have added just the rest of yellow belt but might actually be able to throw in some cooler techniques that I like better.
    The Yellow belt techs...All 10 of them...
    They are the ones that matter the most, so those are the ones that I like the most...Now If I could just develop some spontaneity within them, I'd be really happy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,388
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 839 Posts

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Black St1300 View Post
    The Yellow belt techs...All 10 of them...
    They are the ones that matter the most, so those are the ones that I like the most...Now If I could just develop some spontaneity within them, I'd be really happy
    When the environment allows you to move backwards, I agree. When it does not we need to look at the logic developed a bit deeper in the curriculum.

  6. #6
    kenpokiwi is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastkenpoist View Post
    When the environment allows you to move backwards, I agree. When it does not we need to look at the logic developed a bit deeper in the curriculum.
    No worries. The AKKI Yellow Belt curriculum covers stepping forward. Eye of the Storm is an AKKI Master Key technique that lays the foundation for advancing into the attack. While laid out for a club attack, I have my students internalize the mechanics contained within it for stepping into the inside of just about any right lead attack.

  7. #7
    PantherFist is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Top 10 Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpokiwi View Post
    No worries. The AKKI Yellow Belt curriculum covers stepping forward. Eye of the Storm is an AKKI Master Key technique that lays the foundation for advancing into the attack. While laid out for a club attack, I have my students internalize the mechanics contained within it for stepping into the inside of just about any right lead attack.
    I must admit, I really like this technique, its one of my favourites in the yellow belt syllabus, but as for my favourite ten techniques, it'll have to be the ten yellow, as that as far as I've learned

    Ian.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EPAKS Orange Belt Manual 1-21 of 82 pages
    By Bob Hubbard in forum Ed Parker Sr. Memories from Ed Parker Jr.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 05:05 AM
  2. Follow Up
    By parkerkarate in forum Parkers Kenpo (EPAK) - General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  3. EPAKS Yellow Belt Manual - Complete
    By Bob Hubbard in forum Ed Parker Sr. Memories from Ed Parker Jr.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
  4. Article
    By Doc in forum Parkers Kenpo (EPAK) - General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Search tags for this page (caching method: memcache)

akki technique list

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.