Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

  1. #1
    Black St1300 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 52 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Hey folks,
    Inspired by Mr. Mills' latest video, I was wondering if there were any other clips out there of the man in action...I found another on YouTube, but I seem to remember that there were more videos of him in the past....Do they still exist, or is this it?
    Any help appreciated, Thanks

  2. #2
    Black St1300 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 52 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Whoops, sorry...
    I found some more on the AKKI website...
    Sometimes I think that I'm blind....

  3. #3
    Roadrunner is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Heck with the video, your best bet is to go see him live!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 473 Times in 341 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    It's very rare you'll see Mr. Mills doing anything on video. It's definately best to be there in person. www.akki.com is the best way to find out how to be there next September in Vegas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Parkville
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 630 Times in 389 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    heres a question. does anyone have any footage of Mr. Mills. pre AKKI? iv seen a seminar on tape, from shortly after Mr Parker passed away, but that doesnt leave my Instructor. lol

  6. #6
    scarey's Avatar
    scarey is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 284 Times in 158 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    heres a question. does anyone have any footage of Mr. Mills. pre AKKI? iv seen a seminar on tape, from shortly after Mr Parker passed away, but that doesnt leave my Instructor. lol
    Yeah, there is one video of Mr. Mills teaching at the memorial camp in Pasadena after Mr. Parker's death, there is another of him competing at the International tournament in the 80's...surprisingly (or not) he pretty much moves the same. I'll see if I can do anything about the tournament video, it's pretty cool.

    Sean

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Parkville
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 630 Times in 389 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Quote Originally Posted by scarey View Post
    Yeah, there is one video of Mr. Mills teaching at the memorial camp in Pasadena after Mr. Parker's death, there is another of him competing at the International tournament in the 80's...surprisingly (or not) he pretty much moves the same. I'll see if I can do anything about the tournament video, it's pretty cool.

    Sean
    sweet.. yeah that was the memorial camp i believe.. i remember seeing Sean Kelly was in the front row.. Mr. Smith was somewhere in the middle of the room. I think Dennis Lawson was in the far end of the camera angle.. and some other ppl i saw get pointed out but i cant remember..

    it was funny seeing all these Kenpo big wigs, working timing drills, and having what looked to be a difficult time, unless they worked directly with Mr Parker in his later years. when in the AKKI if yer an orange belt you should have 3 of them somewhat down and a lil more fluid than most of the people in the video.. it just made me smile and think that.. no matter how much you know, there's always something to learn that ANYONE has to work at to get down right, even if they have double digit years in the art

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 473 Times in 341 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    sweet.. yeah that was the memorial camp i believe.. i remember seeing Sean Kelly was in the front row.. Mr. Smith was somewhere in the middle of the room. I think Dennis Lawson was in the far end of the camera angle.. and some other ppl i saw get pointed out but i cant remember..

    it was funny seeing all these Kenpo big wigs, working timing drills, and having what looked to be a difficult time, unless they worked directly with Mr Parker in his later years. when in the AKKI if yer an orange belt you should have 3 of them somewhat down and a lil more fluid than most of the people in the video.. it just made me smile and think that.. no matter how much you know, there's always something to learn that ANYONE has to work at to get down right, even if they have double digit years in the art
    I'd like to see that video. I've seen a portion of it, but, not all.
    Oh, and you're right about the timing drills. It's what sets the AKKI apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

  9. #9
    masherdong's Avatar
    masherdong is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    Just checkin to see if there will be more videos of Mr. Mills soon.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

  10. #10
    universalsomething is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Any more clips of Mr. Mills?

    I thought I heard something about a weapons video.

    Blue Belt
    A.K.K.I.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MT: SL-4 Video Clips
    By MT Post Bot in forum Kenpo From Other Boards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
  2. Video clips
    By jfarnsworth in forum Members in Motion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM
  3. Some of my test clips
    By amylong in forum Members in Motion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 03:46 PM