Thread: Question

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Lightbulb Question

I have a question from the Akki Encyclopedia. Does overloading the Senses Mean trying to learn to much before the student has had time to season? Any input would be welcome. Thanks
    "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice" Rush, Perminent waves

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Question

Good question, I thought it had to do with overloading your opponent, to much for their senses to handle, be it through consecutive strikes, deceptive motion and attacks, pain, psychology etc...

It will be intersting to hear the answer!

Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corban R.
    I have a question from the Akki Encyclopedia. Does overloading the Senses Mean trying to learn to much before the student has had time to season? Any input would be welcome. Thanks
    Corban
    Overloading the senses is as Jason pointed out. Completely overwhelming of the attacker in everyway so that they don't have the ability to know which way is up or remember their own name while you maintain a position of dominance, obliterate their base and give them way more abrupt and damaging pain than they know what to do with.

Nobody, no teacher or senior student, would ever want to move you along faster than you can 'season'. Thing is, the 'seasoning' is where it's at!!! If you feel that you are moving along faster than you can "season"....then politely bring the issue up to your instructor. The fact that you care will show him that you are just wanting to be and do the best that you can as a Kenpoist. I wish MORE Kenpo students cared more about their seasoning than getting that next belt, that next technique....that next................whatever.

I'd rather be able to do the Yellow - Purple stuff with EXCELLENCE, than to have the Yellow through Black material and do it half-baked.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Thanks Brother John and thanks jason L. I remeber hearing something about that in class but i also heard about overloading your own senses with to much info to fast. i guess i got the concepts mixed up! thanks for your input
    "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice" Rush, Perminent waves

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links