Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its a shame (manuals)

Thanks

Default its a shame (manuals)

its a shame when you keep looking on on ebay to see if AKKI manuals pop up because you've ordered yours back in like april and still havent got them yet :-(

i understand Mr Mills has had to watch after his father. the reason i dont know really.. i had to watch my grandmother years ago who was in mid to late stages of alzheimer's and required 24 hour care.. often for upto 2 weeks at a time.. so i can understand the time constraints and all..

does Mr Mills print and bind the manuals personally? i would figure he would hire a printing company in town or something at least.

Rex
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: its a shame (manuals)

??????????????

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

i can sorta relate to this , i am in the process of ordering a home study course ,during this time i have e-mailed them with a few questions i had concerning the material and still no response ...makes a guy wonder if when he orders the dvds if they will show up at all....sux really!

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Contact Mr. and Mrs. Mills. They will be able to help you.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Thanks

<P>everything's in the works </P>

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

You can always contact them. They are always willing to help.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Thanks

yeah. turns out the check that was sent, that had the other person's manual and stuff as well as mine wasn't cashed, thus none of the stuff ordered got sent. like it got lost in the mail or something, i dunno. new order was placed. problem solved.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Good to hear that they are taking care of you.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

To bitch about this on a forum and to bring Mr. Mills' personal life into this is stupid. Take it up with your Regional Rep. or one of the Board of Directors. Hope you come to the Vegas camp in March.

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    its a shame when you keep looking on on ebay to see if AKKI manuals pop up because you've ordered yours back in like april and still havent got them yet :-(

i understand Mr Mills has had to watch after his father. the reason i dont know really.. i had to watch my grandmother years ago who was in mid to late stages of alzheimer's and required 24 hour care.. often for upto 2 weeks at a time.. so i can understand the time constraints and all..

does Mr Mills print and bind the manuals personally? i would figure he would hire a printing company in town or something at least.

Thanks

my regional rep is my instructor. he was having trouble getting up with mr mills to ask about this. but its all fine now. might as well delete this thread, and yes i am coming to the camp. probably testing for purple there as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    To bitch about this on a forum and to bring Mr. Mills' personal life into this is stupid. Take it up with your Regional Rep. or one of the Board of Directors. Hope you come to the Vegas camp in March.
    So, now I'm curious. Is it your supposition that Mr. Mills is the sort of man who would condone you menacing others on his behalf, in lieu of people speaking freely on a public forum? Last I checked, Freedom of Speech was a protected right, while terrorist threat...well, the good news is you've only menaced, and haven't made an outright threat with the demonstration or general awareness of an ability to follow through on it. But I'm sure you at least can now appreciate how this behavior, honorably defensive of your instructor though it may be, can be misconstrued. You could have expressed your distaste without the veiled threat.

Let us not forget the amenities, for they are what seperate humans from animals.

Regards,

Dave
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Thanks

heh right on Dr Dave. threats, veiled or otherwise dont bother me. if someone wants to do something bad enough, they will do it. *shrug* i dunno, the political bs takes alot of the fun out of kenpo.. its a shame i wasnt around in martial arts, or old enough when Mr Parker was around. was there nearly as much bs as there is today?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    heh right on Dr Dave. threats, veiled or otherwise dont bother me. if someone wants to do something bad enough, they will do it. *shrug* i dunno, the political bs takes alot of the fun out of kenpo.. its a shame i wasnt around in martial arts, or old enough when Mr Parker was around. was there nearly as much bs as there is today?
    I wish I could say the older days were better, but they were just as politically charged as the present. Couldn't turn right or left without stepping on someones toes.

D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Don't get your panties all in a bunch there sweetie. No veiled threat. See, that's the problem with posting on a forum. You can't tell my tone, facial expression, or anything. Remember, it's only the internet. I'd like to see all members come out to the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    So, now I'm curious. Is it your supposition that Mr. Mills is the sort of man who would condone you menacing others on his behalf, in lieu of people speaking freely on a public forum? Last I checked, Freedom of Speech was a protected right, while terrorist threat...well, the good news is you've only menaced, and haven't made an outright threat with the demonstration or general awareness of an ability to follow through on it. But I'm sure you at least can now appreciate how this behavior, honorably defensive of your instructor though it may be, can be misconstrued. You could have expressed your distaste without the veiled threat.

Let us not forget the amenities, for they are what seperate humans from animals.

Regards,

Dave

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: its a shame (manuals)

People are just tooooooooooooooooo DAM sensitive. How is “hope to see you at the camp” a threat?
    Lighten up folks life is too short.

As for the manuals, I have not had any problems getting them form the AKKI, been a member since '97. But I usually call or email them before a camp. If you wait till after a camp they can run out and you’ll have to wait for a new printing.
    If you have ever been to a camp you understand. The Mills family really put on one hell of a camp. I have been in kenpo for 20 years. I have been to lots of seminars and camps put on by various Ed Parker senior students and many by SGM Parker himself. None come close to the quality of information, comradely between members, and the sheer volume of information. Mr. Mills like his instructor, Mr. Parker (and yes I knew and know both men.) is a perfectionist and months before each camp he is teaching and drilling the instructors who teach at the camps and then he's right out there floating the floor helping the camp participants like a man on a mission.. They are a big deal and lot of people pick up new manuals while they are there. Even when this has happened to me, I never had to wait too long when I ordered. .
    Look, stop complaining and pick up a phone, contact the AKKI and ask them to send up one. If they are out and if you are currently a member I can mail you one.

Yours in Kenpo,

Mike

If you can make a camp do it, you will not only learn but improve. Oh, yeah, I will be looking for you at the camp. HEHEHEHE sorry I could help it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alleydog View Post
    Look, stop complaining and pick up a phone, contact the AKKI and ask them to send up one. If they are out and if you are currently a member I can mail you one.
    everything was taken care of a week ago or so

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alleydog View Post
    People are just tooooooooooooooooo DAM sensitive. How is “hope to see you at the camp” a threat?
    Lighten up folks life is too short.
    Werd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Werd.

exactly.. i didnt take it as a threat, maybe a quip lol.. id hate to think another kenpo brother or sister would make a threat over a sincere question. muchless from the same organization.. personally i cant wait. its gonna be great to train with a ton of other kenpo sibs and learn and swap theory and insights. and thats not even taking into account all the seminar information to learn

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Yeah, I am looking forward to camp! This will be bigger than all of the other camps from what I have heard. This will be my first camp and I am excited! Hey madeku, I just recently got promoted to purple. If you would like, we can get together and work some of the material. Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Thanks

alrighty we can do that. ill get up with you a few days before, and we can meet up durring one of the breaks or afterwards and work some things. im already acustom to bodying for like the first half of blue anyways so you can deff work your stuff up to speed

actually around that time ill prolly post something and get up with everyone going to the camp, so we can go to dinner together or something one of the nights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links