Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite AKKI Tech?

Thanks

Default Favorite AKKI Tech?

For each belt level you have achieved, or, for the new material you are working on-pic your favorite tech.

Yellow-Raking Mace
    Orange-Five Swords (of course!)
    Purple-Divided Fury
    Blue-Maces of Doom
    Green-Unfurling Deception
    Brown-Approaching Doom

And I really like the Centerline Set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Default Re: Favorite AKKI Tech?

Yellow- Eye of the Storm (LOVE the 3 beat off the knee)
    Orange- Locked wing or Triggered Devistation
    Purple- Gathering Clouds, or Avenging Pendulum

i cant wait to learn Sweeping Guilllotine, and Securing the storm, from what i remember bodying for them..

Thanks

Eye of the Storm is awesome! I had to debate for awhile between that and Raking Mace.
    Is there a reason you recoil off of the knee instead of the hip? I could see going off of the knee if you were going to follow-up with a take down like Dance of Death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

after the backfist backfist.. bring it to your knee (actually more like your thigh, my bad) and springboard it his groin with a slight launch.. i notice a significant difference. we were looking at different ways of doing techniques.. like Swords of Fury from a side attack (in lue of Obscure Sword)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I am not familiar with some of the AKKI techniques. Would it be possilbe to give technical breakdowns? I'm always interested in seeing new techniques and how they're executed from different schools of thought. Maybe an "AKKI Tech of the Month" ?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

After reading the Triggered Salute discussion, I find that the AKKI's vesion

of Eye of the Storm is similiar in a few ways. Our Eye of the Storm starts

out like most schools'. After the inward elbow, we add a right hammer

fist/ or backknuckle to the opponent's ribs. Then instead of loading up our

right hand for an uppercut, we allow the weapon to travel on it's path to

our thigh or hip (recoiling of our own body) and shooting a ridgehand to

the groin while launching forward.

I would love to do an AKKI tech of the month. I'll have to check with our

higher ups and see if they let me put their stuff out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

A ridgehand, huh? That sounds pretty cool! I'll try it out. I like the name, "Eye of the storm." It really conveys what's happening. By moving into your attacker you're essentially moving into the "eye of the storm." Do I have the right idea?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    A ridgehand, huh? That sounds pretty cool! I'll try it out. I like the name, "Eye of the storm." It really conveys what's happening. By moving into your attacker you're essentially moving into the "eye of the storm." Do I have the right idea?
    Yes, you do. It's for a right roundhouse or slashing club attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151 View Post
    Yes, you do. It's for a right roundhouse or slashing club attack.
    That makes sense being that most of the power of a swing occurs at the apex of the arc.

Thanks

That makes sense being that most of the power of a swing occurs at the apex of the arc.
    I've also heard being on the inside of an attack referred to as a "zone of sanctuary". Doesn't really matter what organization one is from-Ed Parker really had this stuff mapped out a long time ago, lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Favorite AKKI Tech?

I've also heard being on the inside of an attack referred to as a "zone of sanctuary". Doesn't really matter what organization one is from-Ed Parker really had this stuff mapped out a long time ago, lol!

Speaking of being on the inside of the attack verses being on the outside of the attack:

Have you realized that Triggered Devastation and Intercepting Mace are nearly identical? Same motion(different targets); however, in Trigger Devastation, one is on the inside of the attack and in Intercepting Mace, one is on the outside of the attack. There are other techniques that are similar to each other as well.

Just adding to the conversation,

Joseph
    I Timothy 1:5

Thanks

i always thought a zone of sanctuary was outside the attack.. like a circle inside of a square.. the corners that are not encompassed by the circle are zones of sanctuary.. out of the range of the attack, like a roundhouse club attack.. the problem.. is A. the attacker has more range than a fist, B. he's advancing.. you're probably not going to have enough time to launch back far enough.. so control the distance and move in.

HOWEVER.. this brings a thought to me.. zones of sanctuary really depend on the nature of the attack. linear, circular.. then whether horizontal or verticle.. as well as the weapon ofcourse.. sounds logical.. a zone for a close in horizontal attack would be downward, or back.. a wide verticle would be the back side (from the attacking arm) and inward. thats a concept someone could really go in depth in, and examine all techniques in terms of the most likely safe area... back breaker and Thundering Hammers, good examples..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20jB-B1f8w has a clip of it, as well as some other techniques... i dont think its a problem posting this.. since its been approved by Mr. Mills, and on the France AKKI Rep's page.. it doesn't look quite like what im familiar with.. prolly an older clip.. maybe like 2000-01 when the main bit of "AKKI" material was just up thru orange, and the rest was IKKA basically. now as far as i know up thru second brown has been changed. lord knows how many revisions to things there have been.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to madeku For This Useful Post:

Martin Seck (02-23-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    i always thought a zone of sanctuary was outside the attack.. like a circle inside of a square.. the corners that are not encompassed by the circle are zones of sanctuary.. out of the range of the attack, like a roundhouse club attack.. the problem.. is A. the attacker has more range than a fist, B. he's advancing.. you're probably not going to have enough time to launch back far enough.. so control the distance and move in.

HOWEVER.. this brings a thought to me.. zones of sanctuary really depend on the nature of the attack. linear, circular.. then whether horizontal or verticle.. as well as the weapon ofcourse.. sounds logical.. a zone for a close in horizontal attack would be downward, or back.. a wide verticle would be the back side (from the attacking arm) and inward. thats a concept someone could really go in depth in, and examine all techniques in terms of the most likely safe area... back breaker and Thundering Hammers, good examples..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20jB-B1f8w has a clip of it, as well as some other techniques... i dont think its a problem posting this.. since its been approved by Mr. Mills, and on the France AKKI Rep's page.. it doesn't look quite like what im familiar with.. prolly an older clip.. maybe like 2000-01 when the main bit of "AKKI" material was just up thru orange, and the rest was IKKA basically. now as far as i know up thru second brown has been changed. lord knows how many revisions to things there have been.
    Very good points there. I guess I look at the Zone of Sanctuary as the place where you can't be hit with the intended weapon unless your opponent manuevers.

And K.M., you're right. Triggered Devastation is for going on the inside of a right push/or punch, while Intercepting the Mace is very similar, but goes to the outside of of a left punch. Also, I like training Intercepting the Mace off of a left jab instead of a step-thru because 99% of non-Kenpoists fight from that left lead boxer stance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

The circle in the square is a visual aid often used to describe the concept of "zone of sanctuary". However, I think that Mikael151 is correct in stating that becase in this particular technique by moving in on the attacker you create a zone of sanctuary due to your position in relation to the attacker because it nullifies the effectiveness of the attack.

Thanks

Have you tried it out yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Have you tried it out yet?
    Oh yeah! I did. When I did my uke's head dropped (happens a lot when someone gets nailed in the nethers ) and without thinking I tracked upward and went into an upward right looping punch which brought their head back up exposing the throat which prompted me (apparently on a subconcious level since I did it without thinking, lol ) to follow up with a left sword hand towards their throat prior to exiting out. I say "towards" because, well.....you wouldn't want to really connect with that on your uke! They probably wouldn't want to uke for you again if you did. LOL

Thanks

Oh yeah! I did. When I did my uke's head dropped (happens a lot when someone gets nailed in the nethers ) and without thinking I tracked upward and went into an upward right looping punch which brought their head back up exposing the throat which prompted me (apparently on a subconcious level since I did it without thinking, lol ) to follow up with a left sword hand towards their throat prior to exiting out. I say "towards" because, well.....you wouldn't want to really connect with that on your uke! They probably wouldn't want to uke for you again if you did. LOL
    Already adding extensions? Awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Yellow - Eye of the Storm
    Orange - 5 Swords
    Purple - Divided Fury or Rising Thunder
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masherdong View Post
    Yellow - Eye of the Storm
    Orange - 5 Swords
    Purple - Divided Fury or Rising Thunder
    Have you tried doing Five Swords without doing the double-inward block; just a left outward block and shooting the right swordhand to the attacker's neck?
    Also, I'm guessing you're starting to, or about to learn Form II. It still feels strange doing Five Swords on the left side, lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Have you tried doing Five Swords without doing the double-inward block; just a left outward block and shooting the right swordhand to the attacker's neck?
    wouldnt he be doing this anyways if hes in the AKKI?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links