Thread: speed drill behind flashing crane

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default speed drill behind flashing crane

This speed drill, I am not sure what it is called I always called it the hugging drill. When you start in a mod forward bo and execute the two inward palm heals or claws on the third hit which is to the solar plexus with a hammerfist I was wondering If your spose to slightly rotate your hips to get a whipping action from the hammer fist. Thanks
    Greg

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: speed drill behind flashing crane

You should end up in a neutral bow on the final strike, turning from the forward through the 3 handstrikes.

Hope that helps,

Sean

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

It is possible to use either opposing forces OR directional harmony. Plus I've seen it done with both opposing forces AND directional harmony, now that will really screw with your noggin. I guess it just depends on what it is that you are trying to do.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I was thinking opposing forces but directional harmony?? Not too sure of that terminology. but just making sure it is proper motion and stuff..

thanks alot for your answers
    Greg

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Greg,

To try and help you a bit of I may. Start facing the bag in a RNB. Have your hands open and shoulder wdth apart. Then when your right hand (last hit) hits the bag (keep them open for now and just hit on the back of you hand) rotate into a full forward bow, knee locked out - strict. Don't bounce your hands off the bag either - stick them until you reset, but stay in your stance. Just reset your hands to beginning position. Then run your hands through again and the instant you last strike hits, rotate back to a neutral bow. Check your stances. You will then have gone trough one of the best drills Mr. Mills ever taught me to understand how to hit moving fast with the principles of Directional Harmony and Opposing forces. Remember everything you do is words and sentences. Can you read what you write? Exactness and micro precision is what Mr. Mills is about so try and do everything like that. If you don't know something, keep working it but don't be afraid to ask.
    Mr. Mills could make a lot more money selling what he has developed and there be no big secret and you would see more people doing techniques like him all over. He has no desire to do this because there would be no quality to anyone but those who work closely with him. He would rather keep all of it in the AKKI and for memebers who choose to rifle in on their study rather than shotgun training which is a little of this and that.

We all know it takes a great amount of time to be really good at anything. Ask Michael Jordan if during his stint with the Bulls if he did many things besides play and practice basketball, he would tell you he did not do much other than that. Look at his legacy. LArry Bird the same way.
    Now do it over and over a bajillion times. Hope that helps and makes sense without giving out our timing.
    Alan

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Yes it makes plenty of sense thanks again for posting and helping me out some. See ya in Sept.
    Greg

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

My young fellow kepoist, speed drills are made to develope coordination with momentum, so if you see most of the Kenpo self defense techniques end in a outwards positions, thats mean complete hips and torso rotation to increase the landing speed trust.

You probably right, but remeber isn't the person to adapt to the art, you adapt the art into you, thats why kenpo is so facinating.

keep going my friend

ricsanabria

5th degree black belt

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links