Thread: Favorite AKKI Tech

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Favorite AKKI Tech

What is your favorite AKKI technique and why? If you could only pick a few of the techs to practice what ones would they be and why?

Only having been through the material about halfway through blue I think one of my favorites is Divided Fury. As far as a group of favorites to practice so far Divided fury, Avenging pendulum, Flashing Swords, Thrusting Wedge (AKKI version), Maces of Doom and Circling the Horizon (AKKI Version) have been coming out to be my favorites. So what ones do you guys like? What ones do you find yourself practicing more then others because they "fit" you?
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Favorite AKKI Tech

Triggered Devestation, Rising Thunder, Gathering Clouds, Thrusting Wedge, as well as several Brown belt techniques are ones that I enjoy most. However, one of my favorites still has to be Flashing Cranes. The sneaky knee to the groin just before the elbow-sandwich to the face always seem to catch the attacker of guard.

My eleven-year-old daughter also likes Flashing Cranes. At the end, she likes to graph an extra chop to the neck followed by another elbow(the ending of Deflecting Pendulum) to the end of this technique. She figuered that one out all by herself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karateminister
    Triggered Devestation, Rising Thunder, Gathering Clouds, Thrusting Wedge, as well as several Brown belt techniques are ones that I enjoy most. However, one of my favorites still has to be Flashing Cranes. The sneaky knee to the groin just before the elbow-sandwich to the face always seem to catch the attacker of guard.

My eleven-year-old daughter also likes Flashing Cranes. At the end, she likes to graph an extra chop to the neck followed by another elbow(the ending of Deflecting Pendulum) to the end of this technique. She figuered that one out all by herself.
    So is your Gathering Clouds and Thrusting Wedge the same as the WKKA version?

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I like Divided Fury and Flashing Cranes, but as far as my favorite technique so far, it is Swinging Pendulum. I like the ending. Five Swords is another favorite of mine as well. However, whenever I train, I always have Flashing Swords in the back of my mind. I don't know what it is about that technique... It is quickly becoming my favorite technique.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    So is your Gathering Clouds and Thrusting Wedge the same as the WKKA version?
    No they are arranged and executed differently I believe.

Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Intercepting Devastation and Triple Threat have to be two of my favorites. I always love going back to most of the purples, though. They just rip!

Sean

Thanks

Eye of the Storm, Sword & Hammer (the 4 hit one, not the 2 hit)
    Flashing cranes, Five Swords, Triggered Devastation, Destructive Hammer, Intercepting the Mace ((!!!)), Divided Fury, Thundering Hammers, Avenging Pendulum, Darting Viper, Rising Thunder, Gathering Clouds, Thrusting Wedge, Circling the Horizon, Maces of DOOM, Sweeping Guillotine, Snaking Guillotine......................................
    These are a few of my favorite things.....

Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

All the Thunders (Rolling, Twisted, Collapsing, Rising), Divided Fury (probably my absolute favorite because using the Yellow Timing Patterns it can really fly), Triple Threat, Taming the Mace (oh yeah, throwing people through walls ), Flashing Swords (gotta include it, saved me once), Eye of the Storm, Five Swords, Thundering Hammers, Unfurling Deception, Whipping Tempist, Intercepting the Lance, yeah there is tons more but that covers the major favorites.

I think my favorite thing overall would probably be Centerline Set. I know its not a technique but I found that when I learned it, and began to apply concepts, that my movements went from open to counter, to very tight and closed to counters. Elbows in, always win as the Brown Manual says.

Have a Kenpo-rific day, without the eye gouging

Tim Kulp
    Westminster, MD

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I hate to be the boring one of the bunch, but my favorites are all those that I have learned so far. Each technique is another view or aspect of an older technique and every time I see that it blows my mind.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheEdge2005
    I hate to be the boring one of the bunch, but my favorites are all those that I have learned so far. Each technique is another view or aspect of an older technique and every time I see that it blows my mind.
    Hey Edge...it was cool meeting you at the camp So what new techniques are your favorite now?
    www.hunterskarate.com

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    Hey Edge...it was cool meeting you at the camp So what new techniques are your favorite now?
    Good meeting you at camp too, it's nice to put faces to the names.

I still say most all the techs I've learned are my favorites, but I have found a new liking for Triple Threat. I just love how that moves

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I would say that my favorite is probably Attacking Mace, or maybe Maces of Doom. Both techniques when done with a little AKKI flavor are fast and brutal. I also like converting the blocks and checks from Attacking Mace into strikes (I.e. first strike is similiar to Intercepting the Mace, except on the other side). Also I love Unfurling Devastation.... which has an excellent strike down at the end of it that lets you flow easily into Backbreaker, the ending of Leaping Crane, or even just a good old fashion choke out.

Shut-up Brian.... I know that's more than one. What can I say? I like the curriculum. Pretty much anything with the word Mace, Destruction, Devastation, Thunder, or Sword ( Mimicking my best Sean Connery Celebrity Jeopordy voice...... ah hah Trebeck).

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpo Yahoo
    I would say that my favorite is probably Attacking Mace, or maybe Maces of Doom. Both techniques when done with a little AKKI flavor are fast and brutal. I also like converting the blocks and checks from Attacking Mace into strikes (I.e. first strike is similiar to Intercepting the Mace, except on the other side). Also I love Unfurling Devastation.... which has an excellent strike down at the end of it that lets you flow easily into Backbreaker, the ending of Leaping Crane, or even just a good old fashion choke out.

Shut-up Brian.... I know that's more than one. What can I say? I like the curriculum. Pretty much anything with the word Mace, Destruction, Devastation, Thunder, or Sword ( Mimicking my best Sean Connery Celebrity Jeopordy voice...... ah hah Trebeck).
    Hahahaha you forgot "doom" anything with doom in it! ::fires up the eye of sauron::
    www.hunterskarate.com

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

With the 10 techniques that I have, I enjoy Repeated Wing, Eye of the Storm, and Swords of Fury because those are the ones I know how to do pretty good. Still could use some more work on them.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masherdong
    With the 10 techniques that I have, I enjoy Repeated Wing, Eye of the Storm, and Swords of Fury because those are the ones I know how to do pretty good. Still could use some more work on them.
    I had TONS of trouble with repeated wing at first. It is a cool tech once you get the hang of it.
    www.hunterskarate.com

Les
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

In class last Thursday we had a lot of fun with Locking Pendulum. Some of our students have Ju-juitsu experience so they know how to hit the deck.....and they can also put a serious leg lock on as well.

As for a favoutite....... Most of them. I've discovered that the ones I don't like are the ones I don't fully understand.

Les
    I'm only here to learn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Les
    As for a favoutite....... Most of them. I've discovered that the ones I don't like are the ones I don't fully understand.

Les
    Wow.... good call!!! It's sort of like enjoying a sport, if you don't understand the sport so well..it's hard to enjoy being a spectator. Same thing with our techs??? Seems that way. The ones I enjoy are the ones I know and can do the best....but they each have their lessons to give us.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

Les
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    The ones I enjoy are the ones I know and can do the best.

Your Brother
    John
    John,

This is very true, but the ones that we need to work are the ones we don't know best. In human terms, they are strangers rather than friends.

I frequently ask my students to name the technique they dislike the most, and then we'll take it to bits and re-assemble it. That way we get to know it better and hopefully a 'friendship' will develop between the student and the technique.

I'm off to visit Mr Fusciardi in Ireland next week, and I'll be giving him my list of 'strangers'.

Les
    I'm only here to learn

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Favorite Yellow Belt Technique

In AKKI kenpo I would have to say my favorite is Raking mace because I have used that one A LOT.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links