Thread: Anyone?

Thanks

Default Anyone?

Is there anyone on here that can shed some light on Mr. Mills background, like when he got his first black, when he started training, ect, ect?

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151
    Is there anyone on here that can shed some light on Mr. Mills background, like when he got his first black, when he started training, ect, ect?
    Here is a link the AKKI site with his bio... http://www.akki.com/membership/paul_mills2.htm

Les
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

There is a very good book called 'The Journey'

Mr Mills is featured in there, along with some other notable kenpo practitioners.

Les
    I'm only here to learn

Thanks

I've read what was on the AKKI link before and found it informative, but, I was hoping to find out more. I haven't read the Journey yet. Anyone know where I can pick it up?

Thanks

I've read what was on the AKKI link before and found it informative, but, I was hoping to find out more. I haven't read the Journey yet. Anyone know where I can pick it up?
    www.karateconnection.com

Call soon I think he still has a few copies left. It's getting hard to find.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Didn't see any link there for the Journey. Since he's already kicked me for my brown, maybe I'll get up the courage to actually speak to him next time. LOL ( Okay, not really)!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

"It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

yeah, it must be getting hard to find. They're charging $64 for the book. I'll keep an eye out for a more reasonable price.

Thanks

There are two of them on Amazon used for $23, and then some guy is selling a new one for $90.

I know of one sitting on a shelf in a used bookstore in Seattle for $13, I think I'll grab it next time I'm in town.

Lamont
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Kenpo Karate
    www.blackbirdmartialarts.com

“He, who will not reason, is a bigot; he, who cannot, is a fool; and he, who dares not, is a slave.”
    ~William Drummond

"This person is as dangerous as an IED."

Thanks

yeah, it must be getting hard to find. They're charging $64 for the book. I'll keep an eye out for a more reasonable price.
    I bet if you ask nicely you can get Chuck Sullivan and Vic Le Roux to sign it for you. Well worth the price they are asking.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

While it would be an honor to have a book signed by those guys, I did find one cheaper on the AKKI site. However, the AKKI is becoming notoriously famous for being anti-commercial, which means one has to really dig to find out what one wants to know.
    While the AKKI is the only Kenpo/Martial Arts association I've ever known since I began studying an art, I'd say it's a well worth while search.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

While it would be an honor to have a book signed by those guys, I did find one cheaper on the AKKI site. However, the AKKI is becoming notoriously famous for being anti-commercial, which means one has to really dig to find out what one wants to know.
    While the AKKI is the only Kenpo/Martial Arts association I've ever known since I began studying an art, I'd say it's a well worth while search.
    I started in the IKKA and then our school switched to the AKKI in 1997. I am very happy with what Mr. Mills has come out with.

Thanks

I'd totally agree, but, I have no basis for comparison personally. But, I'm extremely happy with my instructors and the AKKI. Also seeing Mr. Mills and his senior BB's move at our last camp was unlike any other kenpo I've seen so far.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Also seeing Mr. Mills and his senior BB's move at our last camp was unlike any other kenpo I've seen so far.
    He he he, not too many can move like that.

Thanks

I think that's very true! I will not stop until I can move like that!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

If given the opportunity, I would love to train with anyone from the AKKI. I've seen some clips and those guys can really move. Definately an organization I would say one can be proud of.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

One of my fellow students is a BB in Cerio's Kenpo. When he got stationed in MS, he joined our AKKI, as it was the only Kenpo in the area. He says the timing patterns and the explosive movements are what kept him coming back. He's an honorary BB and now a Brown in AKKI. He says he's going to stay with the AKKI, even though when he's re-stationed again in June, he'll have to make a few trips to Vegas to continue his training.
    All I can say is, Sept. and March are great times to be in Vegas!
    Your avatar rocks, btw!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links