Thread: Form II Level II Question

Thanks

Default Form II Level II Question

In Form II Level II, where we do Spiraling Falcon on both sides: When we drag-step, palm heel, do we do a side kick, or round house kick?
    I was working thru this form the other day and couldn't really remember, so I've been doing the side kick lately (it needs a lot of work!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Default Re: Form II Level II Question

I think it's the same as Level 1's second phase.. either a Side or Roundhouse kick (as in choice). the roundhouse feels like it has more continuity of motion since to chamber you just lift your knee, but doesn't feel as strong as the sidekick. since a side kick you have to lift then turn your knee to do a proper side kick. Then again, I don't know Level 2 since i juuust started learning the intro before i moved.
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I learned it as a Drag-Step RH Kick Mikael. If you explore Spiraling Falcon you'll find that a SK while effective, pushes the opponent away from you or changes his posture dramatically ending the continuity of the tech. The RH allows targeting to the rib-cage and all the goodies contained, the Peroneal, or the knee while still keeping us in range for the spiral take down. The genius of Mr. Mills is the depth he has gone to to develop these Forms allowing for options yet staying mechanically sound to the base of the tech. Knowing Mr. Mills, he could teach an entire seminar on one tech. that would leave your head spinning. Again, congrats on the well deserved promotion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kenpokiwi For This Useful Post:

Mikael151 (10-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenpokiwi View Post
    I learned it as a Drag-Step RH Kick Mikael. If you explore Spiraling Falcon you'll find that a SK while effective, pushes the opponent away from you or changes his posture dramatically ending the continuity of the tech.
    I thought in the form the kick is the last portion. In the technique there is no kick. Granted I'm speaking from regular form 2 and its been about a year since iv done the tech
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Correct, no kick in the book technique. Again, options. There are a number of techniques that differ from the book as opposed to the Forms. Some are variations, some are options. I'm sure you've heard this saying from an instructor; " The Techniques are not written in stone". Like techniques, each Form emphasizes certain Concepts and Principles in a specific progression. Mr. Paul has done this to help the student internalize key motion at sequental stages of their training. It sounds like this method of teaching should have always been a part of Kenpo but Mr. Paul is the first person I've heard articulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    I thought in the form the kick is the last portion. In the technique there is no kick. Granted I'm speaking from regular form 2 and its been about a year since iv done the tech

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kenpokiwi For This Useful Post:

Mikael151 (10-23-2013)

Thanks

Thank you, Mr. Rick! I don't know why I haven't seen your response before. You're absolutely correct, tho. It's feels more natural with the roundhouse kick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links