Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Has anyone here had any experience with this book? I bought it and an "Energy Medicine Kit," which consists of a DVD and CD, cards and crystal. I was wondering how it worked for others.

    While on the subject, any experiences with chakras, energy fields, accupressure, etc., would also interest me- especially if it worked for you. If you've been exposed to this stuff and found it less than adequate, let me know. If, on the other hand, you havn't tried it but just want to bash the practices, I'd ask you save it.

    If you don't want to discuss it here, feel free to PM me. I'll post my experiences later, if there is any interest.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to thedan For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (03-20-2007)

  3. #2
    LngDrnkOfSilence is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Dr. John can probably answer that one for you... I believe that he is well versed in the material...

    Please let us know how it works out for you... this is one my "watched" list...

    Your Brother in the arts,

    Andrew
    Andrew M. Goodwin - Student of the arts
    Middletown, DE

    Blue Belt in Kenpo (5/12)
    9th Kyu in Budo Taijutsu (5/12)
    2nd Brown in TSD (8/98)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    >Has anyone here had any experience with this book? I bought it and an "Energy >Medicine Kit," which consists of a DVD and CD, cards and crystal. I was wondering >how it worked for others.

    Yep.
    I’ve been a student of Donna Eden for 9 years, and I’ve trained with her in England, the United States, Isla Mujeres, and Switzerland.

    Study, practice, and study and practice.

    I’ve been though all her courses, and they are awesome beyond belief.

    >While on the subject, any experiences with chakras, energy fields, accupressure, >etc., would also interest me- especially if it worked for you. If you've been exposed >to this stuff and found it less than adequate, let me know.

    The only ones that fine it NOT more than it really is are the ones that don’t do the drills.

    If you do the drills, you’ll notice that right in chapter one, Donna teaches a VERIFICATION PROCESS so anyone can validate for themselves those skills and energy technologies.

    Most people don’t know it, but in the Kenpo Karate Long Greeting, the entire Chakra system is addressed and used. It is used to disempower the uke, and to empowered the vital force of the Tori.

    Anyone interested in knowing that version?

    ©Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    AstralProtector (03-24-2007)

  6. #4
    LngDrnkOfSilence is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Anyone interested in knowing that version?
    <doing his best Horshack impression>

    Oh! Oh! ME, Dr. La Tourrette!

    I just LOVE to learn something new!

    Your Brother in the arts,

    Andrew
    Andrew M. Goodwin - Student of the arts
    Middletown, DE

    Blue Belt in Kenpo (5/12)
    9th Kyu in Budo Taijutsu (5/12)
    2nd Brown in TSD (8/98)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to LngDrnkOfSilence For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (03-20-2007)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    I’ve been a student of Donna Eden for 9 years, ... Study, practice, and study and practice.
    I’ve been though all her courses, and they are awesome beyond belief. ... The only ones that fine it NOT more than it really is are the ones that don’t do the drills.

    If you do the drills, you’ll notice that right in chapter one, Donna teaches a VERIFICATION PROCESS so anyone can validate for themselves those skills and energy technologies.
    Thank you, sir, for the reply. My experience has been less than satisfactory, but that is not to say that this doesn't work. There are several problems which could be contributing to these "failures", and this could be a case of just too damned messed up. I'm in a position right now where I have to make some seriouse judgement calls on where I put my time and efforts. Lot going on and, frankly, I don't have the energy or the capacity to deal with what isn't effective for me.

    My problems with the procedures- first, massaging the forehead and temples for headache relief. Feels good when I do it, but after letting go the headache is back full force, every time. And I spend a lot of time doing this. My headaches are primarily migrain and neurologically based, so this may not work in this instance.

    Confusion/misunderstanding/whacked out thought processes- Wayne cook, Cross Crawl, Crown Pull, none have had any discernable effect when this state hits. Again, this could be a neuroligical problem as well as other medical conditions.

    Anger- I'm dealing with a LOT of anger from several sources. Her exercise to blow out the anger has had no effect. I can sometimes make a consciouse choice to stem the anger. Other times, it is overwhelming. This is one exercise I really wish could work.

    At any rate, I was curiouse to see if any one else had experience with energy medicine before setting this aside. I still might take it up later if I do. But if it does work and only needs more practice, I could sure use something like this. And I will keep doing some of the common sense things, like massaging the lymph system.


    Most people don’t know it, but in the Kenpo Karate Long Greeting, the entire Chakra system is addressed and used. It is used to disempower the uke, and to empowered the vital force of the Tori. Anyone interested in knowing that version?
    You had to ask? Yes, sir, I'd be most interested in that information as well.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    >Thank you, sir, for the reply. My experience has been less than satisfactory,

    Yep.

    I, at first, thought that she was “full of caca”.

    I was writing up, finishing a book on Dim Mak (9 years ago) and I felt like some thing was missing.

    So I’m talking with the wife and she throws me a newspaper article about that Donna person.

    I told my wife, “that stuff is crap”.

    And I attempted to throw the article away, but couldn’t.

    So I went down right then and bought that damn book.

    I hated it for all the reasons you stated.

    But, the next morning, at 9 am I was there for that 2 day seminar.

    I thought they were all crazy, and they were playing along with her on the demonstrations.

    I was sitting in the back row, about ready to walk out, when she calls out, “YOU, you in the middle of the back row, come on down!”

    She was pointing at me and I knew that there was NO way that she could see me. I had 150 people between me and her.

    So I went down.

    She was finishing up a homolateral drill with a lady, demonstrating it to the entire class.

    Then she turned to me, and asked my name. I lied and told her, “Jack”. She laughed. She knew.

    Then Donna told the group, Shirley is homolateral because of long term stress, so it will take awhile to fix it.

    Now Jack is also homolateral, but SINCE HIS IS CAUSED BY ANGER, (Donna laughs again), it’s very easy to fix.

    It was residue anger and took about 10 seconds to fix.

    During lunch break, I’m driving to a restaurant and I get a bit of “road rage”. And I ask myself, “I need to talk to Donna about road rage”.

    I geat back and the seminar restarts. Donna walks up onto the platform and says, “I’m going to tell you about road rage and how to fix it”!

    I was astonished.

    I had the experience and I then needed to get the “know how to”.

    >full force, every time. And I spend a lot of time doing this. My headaches are <primarily migraine and neurologically based, so this may not work in this instance.

    Actually the way you did it won’t work well.

    Self-hypnosis is very effective with migraines. You normally need a 3 step process of “bringing” yourself back where to take the pain down to discomfort, to feeling fine, feeling better than before, and it is so!

    >Confusion/misunderstanding/whacked out thought processes- Wayne cook, Cross >Crawl, Crown Pull, none have had any discernable effect when this state hits. >Again, this could be a neurological problem as well as other medical conditions.

    Nope.

    It’s just hard to do those darn drills right from a book.

    A book is the furthest removed from real experiences.

    You, at the minimum, need the DVD’s that take you through the process with a see/hear/do experience.

    Get someone to do the drills with you.

    And the drills are taught from a Fire/Earth element perspective.

    That is NOT your element. You are primarily a Wood Element.

    There is enough in Donna’s book for 5 years of study.

    Just take the basic 5 minute routine, and energy testing, and get those two things down. Do them for a month BEFORE going on to other aspects.

    I know that many want to fast forward to the drill they “believe” they need. I suggest strongly that you NOT do that type of hit-and-miss with her book.

    >Anger- I'm dealing with a LOT of anger from several sources. Her exercise to blow >out the anger has had no effect.

    That’s because us Woods cannot dissipate anger that way. We CAN dissipate residue anger that way.

    Punching the hell out of a heavy bag does work wonders.

    So does doing alternating speed hitting drills on a speed bag for 20 minutes or so.

    So does lifting weights, running sprints or any type of sweaty work out.

    I personally put on head sets and listen to Charlie Rich, and dance for an hour or so, replacing that anger with better feelings (Charlie Rich) and other types of physical movements.

    It has kept me from killing people. (Just joking)

    >I can sometimes make a conscious choice to stem the anger. Other times, it is >overwhelming. This is one exercise I really wish could work.

    Use the Inner Demon Destroy, or Gary Craig’s EFT instead. You can find Gary at emofree.com, and down load their manual there for free.

    Without any additional materials, about 50% have good success right off the bat.

    I would suggest that the reason Donna’s material has not YET worked is because you have a massive Psychological Reversal, and until that is taken care of, her Fire/Earth style might not be as effective as it can be.

    >At any rate, I was curious to see if any one else had experience with energy >medicine before setting this aside. I still might take it up later if I do. But if it does >work and only needs more practice, I could sure use something like this. And I will >keep doing some of the common sense things, like massaging the lymph system.

    You might just need to be taught in person by someone that can do those drills.

    Are you going to be at the Gathering of Eagles?

    If so, let me know in advance and I can help a bit.

    Sincerely,
    &#169;Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    thedan (03-22-2007)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    I, at first, thought that she was “full of caca”.
    I didn't think that. One, you recomended this book and you've shown yourself quite knowlegable here. Two, one of the greatest lessons in Taijiquan is that even hippies weren't all wrong. I will admit I had to work to get past her eastern mysticism and world views. But, she's entitled ...

    If she's as insightful as you say, though, Id be afeared to attend one of her seminars.

    Now Jack is also homolateral, but SINCE HIS IS CAUSED BY ANGER, (Donna laughs again), it’s very easy to fix.
    Ha! Thought I was too. Scared I'd have to come out of the closet! Funny thing was, I did that alternating exercise of straight and cross swinging, and it was one of the few places I might have felt anything- felt like crap when done!

    Self-hypnosis is very effective with migraines. You normally need a 3 step process of “bringing” yourself back where to take the pain down to discomfort, to feeling fine, feeling better than before, and it is so!
    Sounds tricky. Don't try this at home, kids?

    It’s just hard to do those darn drills right from a book. A book is the furthest removed from real experiences. You, at the minimum, need the DVD’s that take you through the process with a see/hear/do experience.
    Yes, sir. I got the book and kit, with DVD, together. I've watched the DVD a few times and went along once (can't right now- long story). I started at the front and have almost worked through the book.
    And the drills are taught from a Fire/Earth element perspective. That is NOT your element. You are primarily a Wood Element.
    Have to take your word there, but could explain it somewhat. I used to instruct different disciplines, and there are times when teacher and student just don't connect. Can be a real challenge for both.

    Get someone to do the drills with you.
    I'm working on my wife. She's the old hippie, and she won't try anything. I'm the conservative crumudgeon, and I'm the one that goes out and trys this stuff. Go figure.


    Just take the basic 5 minute routine, and energy testing, and get those two things down. Do them for a month BEFORE going on to other aspects.
    Sounds like a plan.

    That’s because us Woods cannot dissipate anger that way. We CAN dissipate residue anger that way. Punching the hell out of a heavy bag does work wonders. So does doing alternating speed hitting drills on a speed bag for 20 minutes or so. So does lifting weights, running sprints or any type of sweaty work out. I personally put on head sets and listen to Charlie Rich, and dance for an hour or so, replacing that anger with better feelings (Charlie Rich) and other types of physical movements. It has kept me from killing people. (Just joking)
    Well, when I joke like that, it's usually a pointed joke. Sometimes the fact we don't unload physically on some deserving jerk is a major stressor in itself. You apparently deal with it better than I do. And not being able to work off the stress is really getting to me right now. One of the reasons I wanted to try this.

    Use the Inner Demon Destroy, or Gary Craig’s EFT instead. You can find Gary at emofree.com, and down load their manual there for free.
    Tomorrows project! Thanks.

    I would suggest that the reason Donna’s material has not YET worked is because you have a massive Psychological Reversal, and until that is taken care of, her Fire/Earth style might not be as effective as it can be.
    More like twisted.

    You might just need to be taught in person by someone that can do those drills. Are you going to be at the Gathering of Eagles? If so, let me know in advance and I can help a bit.
    Thanks very much for the offer, but no, I won't be there. It's been over two years since I've been to any seminars or events of any kind. Now that I'm going to have to switch to Taiji (another major stressor), I doubt I'll be attending any more Kenpo events any how.

    By the way, Taiji is an excellant art. That door was opened to me several years ago in my only meeting with Mr. Joseph Simonet. He said "It will transform you." I think he was right, and I've had a healthy respect for it since. But, fact is, I'm an external type of guy. I need that intense workout- bruises, contuses and scrapes and bumps and the salt sting in yer eyes and all! Just can't do it any more.

    Thanks for sharing your expertise, sir. I'll keep working at it.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to thedan For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (03-22-2007)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Use ... Gary Craig’s EFT instead. You can find Gary at emofree.com, and down load their manual there for free.
    Looked it up. The site was a huge sales pitch, and they wanted to send me the free intro manual and at the same time sign me up for their news letter, then sell me several DVD's. Nothing wrong with pitching your product, but he didn't sell me. No real info, and his style would drive me to the wall. But thanks for the tip, sir. Never hurts to look.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  14. #9
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Personally I've had some very good luck with energy work/healing. In general though, I find books and DVDs helpful for reading/education/self-exploration.

    However, in regards to fixing something that's broken, I don't think there is a substitute for a good teacher-practitioner.

    It's kind of like martial arts, really. You can't really accomplish much from video alone, you need a live teacher, with good lineage, and one that's right for you.

    I can't speak from personal experience about any of Ms. Eden's teaching or materials but from what I understand, she has an excellent reputation for those in to a yogic and ayurvedic approach to wellness and healing.

    Personally, yoga and ayurveda are NOT for me. That is not to say they are bunk, just saying they are not for me personally. I found yoga to interfere with my own spiritual base and I found ayurvedic preparations to become increasingly repulsive the more I engaged in them and developed a notable sensitivity to a common spice due to a series of food preparations that were healthy and to sound Ayurvedic principles. There was no reason for the sensitivity other than....it wasn't the right stuff for me to be eating and drinking.

    In both cases I found myself fighting with the yoga teacher and ayurvedic practitioner to stop doing what was making me feel worse, instead of better. Rather than recognizing that the course of action was not suited to me, the insisted that I take on more of what was not going well with me.

    What was even more disheartening is that nearly all of the practitioners that take a yogic/ayurvedic approach to healing have insisted that I was the one that did something wrong, and not that it was the wrong approach.

    That is not what energy work is about.

    On the other hand, there have been many people that have turned major corners in their lives because it was the right fit for THEM.

    What I can suggest is...step carefully, and step wisely. You know the difference between feeling like you have to break a bad habit and feeling that something is WRONG. If something feels wrong, then don't do it. If you feel like you are being bullied or pressured, don't do it. If something doesn't make sense then don't do it until it does make sense. There are many different approaches and many different teachers out there. What matters most is the one that is right for YOU.

    Wishing you a good journey and good fortune.
    Last edited by Carol; 03-22-2007 at 08:52 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

    thedan (03-23-2007)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Yep.
    Gary is an Earth Element, and we Wood Elements and Metal Elements cannot stand those with that other personality profile.

    It might do you good, but it is YOUR choice to ignore it and all the benefits and possibilities of new discoveries that you would get by adding that FREE skill to your Mastery skills.

    I first found a teacher and had the skills demonstrated ON ME, and from the point of already knowing it WORKED, I went to those that knew more and could really teach me. People like Dr. John Diepold, and Dr. David Feinstein.

    And, being around all those Earth Elements is NOT fun for me. In fact is has been some of the biggest stressors of my life.

    Having their SKILL is fun for me.

    Warmly and with total respect,
    &#169;Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    AstralProtector (03-24-2007)

  18. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    Personally, yoga and ayurveda are NOT for me. That is not to say they are bunk, just saying they are not for me personally. I found yoga to interfere with my own spiritual base and I found ayurvedic preparations to become increasingly repulsive the more I engaged in them and developed a notable sensitivity to a common spice due to a series of food preparations that were healthy and to sound Ayurvedic principles. There was no reason for the sensitivity other than....it wasn't the right stuff for me to be eating and drinking.

    In both cases I found myself fighting with the yoga teacher and ayurvedic practitioner to stop doing what was making me feel worse, instead of better. Rather than recognizing that the course of action was not suited to me, the insisted that I take on more of what was not going well with me.

    What was even more disheartening is that nearly all of the practitioners that take a yogic/ayurvedic approach to healing have insisted that I was the one that did something wrong, and not that it was the wrong approach.
    Carol, thanks for a really good reply.

    My experience has been that a HUGE majority of people that are into these alternative methodologies come to it because of, and practice it more for, a sociological/political agenda than because it works. Shame, because they turn a lot of people off to things that might help.

    Good common example is vegitarianism. I have no doubt it works well for some people, but it is not healthy for everyone. If you talk to most vegitarians long enough, though, their true agenda tends to surface. Most of them by far think those of us who eat meat are evil. If they tell you different at first, you will generally find that they are liars. If you observe them in the right environment you'll also discover that they are lying to themselves. I used to mountaineer, and I've seen some of these types eat butter straigh up to get the fats not found in their "well ballanced and complete" diet when at higher elevations and/or extreme cold conditions.

    However, I've known quite a few who practice vegitarian or even vegan diets quietly, and who have tried to share their knowlege and beliefs with me, but who accepted my decission not to change graciously. Interestingly, these were also the people who recognized the limmits and problems of their lifestyle. Most even admitted straight off that a part of their reason for the lifestyle was social/moral. Know what, I have no problem with their decission either, and in fact apreciated their honest attempt to share. I also found they were right about one thing- I did eat WAY too much meat, while giving veggies short shrift.

    I guess what I'm saying is that I've learned not to ignore the message completely just because the messengers are mostly butt holes. I've also, like you, learned that not all things work for all people- and not everything that doesn't work is completely useless to me. In the end, we all decide our own path.

    Dan C
    Last edited by thedan; 03-23-2007 at 07:55 PM.
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Gary is an Earth Element, and we Wood Elements and Metal Elements cannot stand those with that other personality profile.
    I have to ask, are we called wood elements because of our basic (elemental) desire to hit some of these guys with a club? Just kidding. But he probably would grate on a few already raw nerves right now.

    It might do you good, but it is YOUR choice to ignore it and all the benefits and possibilities of new discoveries that you would get by adding that FREE skill to your Mastery skills.
    You are, of course, correct, sir. And I may at some point come back and revisit this. However, as I said, right now I have to really pick and choose what things I want to invest my limmited time, energy and emotional reserves to. Also, my tendency in this mental state to write off things that could otherwise be recognized as useful is a factor in my decission. But I do apreciate the help.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    >You are, of course, correct, sir. And I may at some point come back and revisit >this. However, as I said, right now I have to really pick and choose what things I >want to invest my limited time, energy and emotional reserves to. Also, my >tendency in this mental state to write off things that could otherwise be recognized >as useful is a factor in my decision. But I do appreciate the help.

    Thank you Dan,

    Donna’s materials are pure gold, and they are presented in a manner that is more Earth Element, than I personally like.

    If I was 40 years old I could never have trained with her. I wasn't mature enough nor wise enough. I would have avoided her. In fact, even though I discovered her knowledge in my late 50’s I still did NOT appreciate what she did until I found out it worked for me.

    She is great but she is surrounded by all those people that smell funny, that are overweight and want to hug you every chance they get. In my mind mostly old age hippie women!

    I can take about 3 days, and then I need to go and find someone to spar, to release some energy. After I release that energy I can go back and train with them for another 3 days.

    Much different paradigms of thinking, much different rules structures to live by.

    As far as I know I am the ONLY Wood/Metal martial artist that has trainer with her for more than one year.

    One of my PRIMARY Mental Master Keys is PERSISTENCE! If I believe the end result is worth the process, I go through the process even if I dislike the process.

    And I’ve got to say it, 9 years is NOT enough time to learn all that she has to offer.

    Good Luck in your progress.

    Most people don’t know the following.

    A person that is 65 years old can look, feel and act 15 years to either side of his chronological age. He can look 50 or he can look 80.

    I believe that looking 50 years old, feeling 30 years old and acting 20 years old is much preferred to moving and looking like I am 80.

    Donna teaches VERIFIABLE METHODS of learning how to do that!

    &#169;Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    Ps. Dan, good luck on your journey;-)

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    AstralProtector (03-24-2007),thedan (03-23-2007)

  22. #14
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    Carol, thanks for a really good reply.

    My experience has been that a HUGE majority of people that are into these alternative methodologies come to it because of, and practice it more for, a sociological/political agenda than because it works. Shame, because they turn a lot of people off to things that might help.

    Good common example is vegitarianism. I have no doubt it works well for some people, but it is not healthy for everyone. If you talk to most vegitarians long enough, though, their true agenda tends to surface. Most of them by far think those of us who eat meat are evil. If they tell you different at first, you will generally find that they are liars. If you observe them in the right environment you'll also discover that they are lying to themselves. I used to mountaineer, and I've seen some of these types eat butter straigh up to get the fats not found in their "well ballanced and complete" diet when at higher elevations and/or extreme cold conditions.

    However, I've known quite a few who practice vegitarian or even vegan diets quietly, and who have tried to share their knowlege and beliefs with me, but who accepted my decission not to change graciously. Interestingly, these were also the people who recognized the limmits and problems of their lifestyle. Most even admitted straight off that a part of their reason for the lifestyle was social/moral. Know what, I have no problem with their decission either, and in fact apreciated their honest attempt to share.

    I guess what I'm saying is that I've learned not to ignore the message completely just because the messengers are mostly butt holes. I've also, like you, learned that not all things work for all people- and not everything that doesn't work is completely useless to me. In the end, we all decide our own path.

    Dan C
    Unfortunately that is true too, and having been part of a faith where a vegetarian diet is encouraged (for example), I've seen quite a bit of what you are saying.

    I think one important key is finding an excellent practitioner/teacher and one that is willing to work with what works for you. I've personally been helped tremendously by a couple of talented Reiki practitioners but I don't want to say that Reiki is great and yoga is bunk because I don't believe that. I just found that Reiki was, as you mentioned, the right path for me.

    Whichever path you find, it will likely be more fruitful if you find a good teacher. Good luck and good thoughts and prayers heading your way.

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    She is great but she is surrounded by all those people that smell funny, that are overweight and want to hug you every chance they get. In my mind mostly old age hippie women!
    Man, can I relate to that statement! But, from their perspective, we must look at least as strange. "Hit me all you want, but if you hug me you'd best be smellin' like blood and sweat." You can just see the amount of self restraint it takes for them to not call the authorities and try to have you commited!

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  24. #16
    AstralProtector is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ashland Or. {British National}
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Life is funny.

    I walked into my trainer's office one morning and wanted to know about posters representing the accupressure and accupuncture points of the body. Being a visual person I felt that would be the best way for me to learn the points.

    I too was instructed to get Donna's book. At the time I was working at a glitzy hotel in Southern Oregon, where I could really sit down and read late into the night. I devoured the book, which is not really meant to be read cover to cover, but as Doc described I was drawn by something deeper.

    As the weeks went by the book sat in my box at work and became an almanac for stimulating and correcting the systems put out of wack by the less desirable lifeforms I came into contact with at work. It became essential, and was so successful that my coworker Kevin also picked up a copy.

    Little did I know that Donna was in town one weekend for a seminar. And where had she chosen to stay? You guessed it, my Hotel. So in she walks, and the first thing out of my mouth is "hi donna" she signs my book for me which I convieniently had under the desk, and then five minutes later comes rushing up the counter to tell me about me more about my aura (she can see these things) - she said that I am Indigo when I blend my higher goals together.

    What a stroke of luck! She then went on to invite me to a seminar for free going on in town, and then said, if I could get to San Diego in a month, I could participate in a week long seminar for free!

    She's the type of person who only charges because it's the norm for our society, this is one earth element characteristic I do appreciate. She knew that the value would not be depreciated for me if it was free, unlike many others with different meta-programs.

    So there's my experiance and my two cents.

    I hear a lot of Donna's stuff can be done covertly for positive influence during conversations. Does anyone else have any thoughts along these lines?


    RSN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees. - Willam Blake

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AstralProtector For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (03-26-2007),thedan (03-27-2007)

  26. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    AP, thanks! That was the kind of feedback I need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by AstralProtector
    A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees. - Willam Blake
    Well, I've walked right into a fair few of the things, myself ...

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to thedan For This Useful Post:

    AstralProtector (03-27-2007)

  28. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Looked it up. The site (emofree.com) was a huge sales pitch, and they wanted to send me the free intro manual and at the same time sign me up for their news letter, then sell me several DVD's. Nothing wrong with pitching your product, but he didn't sell me. No real info, and his style would drive me to the wall. But thanks for the tip, sir. Never hurts to look.


    Well, let’s see.

    That manual is FREE.
    The newsletter is FREE.
    Their products, if you choose to get them are the cheapest I’ve seen anywhere. And, there is virtually no need to get them. The free stuff is plenty if you do the damn drills.

    Lets see some more.

    1. Energy Psychology was reviewed positively in the journal “Clinical Psychology”. They called it an exciting and rapidly developing realm. Also that emerging research suggests that these methods are very effective indeed, extremely rapid, and thoroughly gentle.

    2. The “American Psychological Association” referred to energy psychology as ‘a new discipline that has been receiving attention due to its speed and effectiveness with difficult cases.

    3. The “Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology” a 700-membaer professional organization, honored the program with its OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION AWARD.

    And it’s FREE!

    I guess I wouldn’t study it either.

    ©Dr. John M. La Tourrette


  29. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    thedan (04-08-2007)

  30. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Dr. L, you make just too damn much sense for an internet forum! All right, I'll try it! Nothing to loose but my sanity, and that ain't much (I'm told). Thanks.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  31. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Energy Medicine, by Donna Eden

    Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    Dr. L, you make just too damn much sense for an internet forum! All right, I'll try it! Nothing to loose but my sanity, and that ain't much (I'm told). Thanks. Dan C
    You are welcome.

    Sincerely,
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    Ps. It's sort of funny, both you and I have that "I'm from Missouri Mentality", so we have to almost be offended before we pay attention. At least I do. It's a tactic of great communication. Of course those that don't have a clue would say that we are "rude" kumdingees, which in their world might be right. In my world it's a positive form of valuable communication.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Recovering from joint injuries
    By nelson in forum General Martial Arts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
  2. 20 Questions With John M. La Tourrette
    By Rob Broad in forum Bios
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Search tags for this page (caching method: memcache)

donna eded-headache
,
donna eden forums
,
donna eden headache
,

donna eden migraine

,
donna eden migraines
,
how many years did donna eden have to study to get well
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.