Thread: Product Review - Bill "superfoot" Wallace's Super Point Sparring

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Product Review - Bill "superfoot" Wallace's Super Point Sparring

Bill "Superfoot" Wallace's Super Point Sparring and Fight Strategy is by far one of the best sparring tapes I have ever seen. His simplistic approach sparring strategy is just what every beginner students needs to know. But the material is great for every level of fighter from the absolute beginner to the seasoned pro. This tape is part of the original Superfoot series put out by Panther Video back in the 80's and should be part of everyone's collection.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Default Re: Product Review - Bill "superfoot" Wallace's Super Point Sparring

What about it is different than other sparring videos?

Does it show some unique styles of sparring or unique drills, etc?

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    What about it is different than other sparring videos?

Does it show some unique styles of sparring or unique drills, etc?

--Amy
    It is the ext best thing to attending a Superfoot seminar. He goes through simple but very effective combinations, setting up the opponent and some key concepts that can easily be overlooked. You can usually buy this old VHS tape brand new from Century for $30, less if you have a wholesale account.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    It is the ext best thing to attending a Superfoot seminar. He goes through simple but very effective combinations, setting up the opponent and some key concepts that can easily be overlooked. You can usually buy this old VHS tape brand new from Century for $30, less if you have a wholesale account.

I believe he's going to be at Sean Kelley's seminar in Feb., so I guess I'll get to find out then if I like his style. Thanks for the heads up and the thumbs up.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

One of the coolest things about this particular tape is it has Superfoot's last professional Kickbozing match as a bonus.

Thanks

I have taken around 6 or so seminars with Bill Wallace over the years, and I have to say, his seminars (for those that like sparring) are second to none. He will give you drills to improve your sparring combinations, will teach you how to find and create openings, and will give you methods of improving your flexibility.

Best of all, Bill Wallace's energy and charisma are just fantastic. He is very confident in his skills, yet very humble and approachable. We chatted for about 20 or so minutes after the last seminar I attended of his in 2004.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I agree there. I have been to Wallace's seminars and it is a good time. I learned all kinds of things and also improved my flexibility.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Anybody got a link to a site where one could purchase this tape/dvd?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Anybody got a link to a site where one could purchase this tape/dvd?

Try http://www.centuryma.com/ then go to the video section.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: Product Review - Bill "superfoot" Wallace's Super Point Sparring

Regarding his last pro bout. I was astounded when he did that spinning back kick with his right leg. If I remember right his opponent(Robert Biggs?)was so surprised he dropped both hands to his sides!!!!

1stJohn1:9

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links