Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requests for additional lineage forums, and forum organization....

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,156 Posts

Default Requests for additional lineage forums, and forum organization....

We are working on a system for consider who and where to add additional lineage forums.

Right now, the -very- rough idea is to place new lineages under the existing "roots". (So, Dennis Conatser would fall under the Parker-LaBounty branch creating LaBounty-Conatser, Zach Whitson would fall under Parker-Planas creating Planas-Whitson, etc.)

When considering who to add, we're also looking at the popularity of a particular branch, if we have enough members to make the forum active, and if we can get a well writen and usable (meaning we can legally use it) bio on the individual in question.

We have no intention to slight anyone, but want to put some solid thought into how to grow the site so we don't end up with a complete maze of confusing and redundant forums. This may not be the final system, but I did want everyone to know we are thinking about it and give you a short update.

- Bob

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Default Re: Requests for additional lineage forums, and forum organization....

I can tell you that there are quite a few on MT that are down from the Wedlake branch of the tree. I don't know if you want to add his name but if those over there catch wind of this site then they need a place to squabble.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I second that, how about the Wedlake branch?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

I know that Mr. Wedlake studied under Mr. Parker. Much like Mr. Conatser though, he was not a seventh at the conveneing of the AKSC; so for now, he would be under the Planas forum until enough traffic was generated to warrant a spinoff for him. Of course, if Mr. Wedlake were to become an active member of the board and request his own lineage branch, we could accomodate him.
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seig
    I know that Mr. Wedlake studied under Mr. Parker. Much like Mr. Conatser though, he was not a seventh at the conveneing of the AKSC; so for now, he would be under the Planas forum until enough traffic was generated to warrant a spinoff for him. Of course, if Mr. Wedlake were to become an active member of the board and request his own lineage branch, we could accomodate him.
    I'm curious what being a 7th at the time of the AKSC has do with anything? Also after talking with one of his long time black belts, it was Mr. Parker himself who promoted him from 3rd to 6th. Mr. Planas only promoted him to 7th is that why you would group him in that line?

Klondike (aka Chuck)

"The System can't be explained, only experienced"

Thanks

why cant there be a Kosho ryu heading with say hanshi juchnik ,GM ray arquilla, thomas mitose as sub headings instead of just other?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz
    why cant there be a Kosho ryu heading with say hanshi juchnik ,GM ray arquilla, thomas mitose as sub headings instead of just other?
    There may yet be, thank you for the suggestion!
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Right now, after the current madness is over we are looking at adding a section for:

Paul Mills,
    Lee Wedlake,
    Dennis Conatser

Any other requests?

Remember, if you request it, you have a duty to help make it active!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Right now, after the current madness is over we are looking at adding a section for:
    Paul Mills
    Remember, if you request it, you have a duty to help make it active!
    I'll do what I can to help out.
    Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    I'll do what I can to help out.
    Your Brother
    John
    I have no problem with that either, falling in the "Mills line" of kenpo...good stuff
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klondike93
    I'm curious what being a 7th at the time of the AKSC has do with anything? Also after talking with one of his long time black belts, it was Mr. Parker himself who promoted him from 3rd to 6th. Mr. Planas only promoted him to 7th is that why you would group him in that line?

Chuck,
    That is an excellent question. The initial reasoning was this. Mr. Parker had hundreds of Black Belts under him. We needed a starting point, so we started with the people we could verify as the very most senior at one exact moment in time that was universally accepted. We always planned to tailor from that point; but first we had to establish our base. Now that the base is somewhat established, we can start fleshing things out a litte more. There is an active interest in a Paul Mills group, so we created one. If there is an active interest in a Lee Wedlake group, we will create one. At the end of April, any groups that have 0 posts in them will be removed to make room for new groups. Also, any high ranking instructors that wish to have a group under their "Senior" can have a sub group, if the Senior approves it or the junior can prove lineage.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I would like to suggest adding Brian Duffy under his own forum on Kenpotalk. He is a product of the LaBounty Lineage. His list of accomplishments include his annual Kenpo Spirit Camps, he was promoted to 5th Black by Mr. Parker, created the current "accepted" version of the 16 technique curriculum, had the original Kenpo homecoming after Mr. Parker's passing, he won the forms division at the IKC 5 times and is still a very active, well respected teacher and leader in the Kenpo community.

I think he would have a fair amount of traffic with the pictures that I will post from his camps and mini-camps. As well as photos from Mr. Conatser who is a regular instructor at his camps (and his best friend) and with the forum he might even mess around and join to answer questions and give input.

jb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikenpo
    I would like to suggest adding Brian Duffy under his own forum on Kenpotalk. He is a product of the LaBounty Lineage. His list of accomplishments include his annual Kenpo Spirit Camps, he was promoted to 5th Black by Mr. Parker, created the current "accepted" version of the 16 technique curriculum, had the original Kenpo homecoming after Mr. Parker's passing, he won the forms division at the IKC 5 times and is still a very active, well respected teacher and leader in the Kenpo community.

I think he would have a fair amount of traffic with the pictures that I will post from his camps and mini-camps. As well as photos from Mr. Conatser who is a regular instructor at his camps (and his best friend) and with the forum he might even mess around and join to answer questions and give input.

jb
    While I have never met or trained with Mr. Duffy, I think the addition of his own forum is a great idea. His contributions to AK are endless, and you can bank on Jason contributing to the section.

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

How about a lineage on Gm Castro (Shaolin Kenpo) or GM almeny??

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

jb
    Hi (to the powers that be),

Any follow up thoughts on this?

Regards, jb

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Requests for additional lineage forums, and forum organization....

Hi (to the powers that be),

Any follow up thoughts on this?

Regards, jb
    testing....testing.....is anybody here?

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,156 Posts

I've been having some major ISP issues the last 2 weeks, and am finally starting to catch up with things. I got your email, haven't had a chance to process it, or catch up on things here. Give me a day or 3 to catch up, and if I don't get you an answer, PM me and give me a nudge.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaith Rustaz
    I've been having some major ISP issues the last 2 weeks, and am finally starting to catch up with things. I got your email, haven't had a chance to process it, or catch up on things here. Give me a day or 3 to catch up, and if I don't get you an answer, PM me and give me a nudge.
    Sounds good,

We just had another mini camp and I'm setting on the picts until I see if we'll get our own Brian Duffy forum.

jb

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Per request, Mr. Duffy and Mr. Wedlake have both had their own lineage forums created.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Per request, Mr. Duffy and Mr. Wedlake have both had their own lineage forums created.
    Sweet,

Any thought on putting their website links in the same area that has their names so it will be a quick click reference...

Here's is an example that I've seen that was pretty cool (under the Knifemakers area at www.usualsuspect.net, in case you have to join the forum to view it...)

jb

http://usualsuspect.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links