Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Supporting Member? Why?

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default Former Supporting Member? Why?

In checking the system, I noticed about 40 former supporting members who haven't renewed. I was wondering why?
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Default Re: Former Supporting Member? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    In checking the system, I noticed about 40 former supporting members who haven't renewed. I was wondering why?
    Did they participate?

Did they have a disagreement with anyone, another person, a moderator, another Kenpo systems methods?

Did they even read posts after they joined?

If they can be kept participating, by that I mean "reading" and "posting" some simple comments, ususally they stay.

I do know after I posted twice on martialtalk and I got slammed...

...and I mentioned it to a moderator, I was told to "check a box so I wouldn't need to read their posts".

So, over there on martialtalk, Bob, I have NOT posted again, and I probably never will.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

My money is very very very extremely thin right now and has been for quite some time. I haven't updated my membership b/c I just financially can't. Not for the lack of wanting to... just can't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 674 Posts

I recently renewed ... (Speaking of this .... I don't have a banner.) (Oh, and that whole, I don't have a banner thing .... that's because I did the anonymous membership thing.) .... My Bad. (Shhh!)

But, I didn't realize that my membership had expired. I may have received an email preceeding the expiration, but I may not have. I really don't recall. Certainly, a single email... or perhaps two, would not be obtrusive.

Certainly, I don't want to get as many emails as I get from my local public radio station. But, once a year, I send them a check. Usually, their letters are instantly discarded. I wish they wouldn't send me letters.

But, I didn't realize I was on the outs, until I tried to post some photos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Did they participate?
    Some did, some didn't.

Did they have a disagreement with anyone, another person, a moderator, another Kenpo systems methods?
    I don't know. Few of them have given me feedback. I know a few had problems, a few had lifestyle changes.

Did they even read posts after they joined?
    Can't tell.

If they can be kept participating, by that I mean "reading" and "posting" some simple comments, ususally they stay.
    True.

I do know after I posted twice on martialtalk and I got slammed...

...and I mentioned it to a moderator, I was told to "check a box so I wouldn't need to read their posts".

So, over there on martialtalk, Bob, I have NOT posted again, and I probably never will.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    I'm not familiar with that particular situation, but telling folks to use the softwares "Ignore" feature is regular procedure. It's there so people can 'tune out' those who's opinions cause friction. Some don't like to use it, but it's there as an option. We usually also tell people to report problematic posts and let the staff deal with things when there are problems.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I have sent in the nominal fee requested to support this site, despite my less than warm welcome from certain closed minded members, and several entertaining notes in my in box. The better man, stands his ground and adapts to the rules of the battlefield. The lesser, flees, unable to adapt or comply. I will most certainly earn more scorn, and more of those entertaining notices during my time here, and at Martial Talk. I however will take my lumps as a gentleman, if only others could do as well.
    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Master For This Useful Post:

Brother John (07-20-2007),John M. La Tourrette (07-20-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (07-20-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    I have sent in the nominal fee requested to support this site, despite my less than warm welcome from certain closed minded members, and several entertaining notes in my in box. The better man, stands his ground and adapts to the rules of the battlefield. The lesser, flees, unable to adapt or comply. I will most certainly earn more scorn, and more of those entertaining notices during my time here, and at Martial Talk. I however will take my lumps as a gentleman, if only others could do as well.
    I must say that the way you write I first assumed was fake.

But you keep writing that way so it must be you.

Your posts, whether I agree or not, are always a fun read.

Intelligence always shows.

I have grown to like your posts, especially the deeper meaning that are always in them.

Thank you.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    Sir,
    I almost addressed you as Master, I cant say Im sorry, I just cant call you Master. However I am with Dr. John when I say I respect your post. You are a very intelligent person, who has the courage and conviction to address serious and conterversal topics. You have shown nothing to me except the desire to learn, and supported your posistion with fact. I look forward to many more of your post.

Your Brother in the Arts

On a second note: I better send in a check for the first time.
    So Bob, I will look for the info for membership here on the site.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Bob, have you thought about using a survey?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (07-20-2007)

Thanks

I've sent them out periodically, but don't get much response. Can't twist the arms.

Thanks

Can't twist the arms.
    Please recall the ending of the epic masterpiece, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

With enough money, yes you can ^_^
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Some people don't renew their supporting memberships because they thought that it would give the license to do what ever they want and treat people how ever they wanted. When they find out that no one is above the rules here they decide that the membership is not for them.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    My money is very very very extremely thin right now and has been for quite some time. I haven't updated my membership b/c I just financially can't. Not for the lack of wanting to... just can't.
    I'm currently in the same boat. Sorry but just can't do it right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Some people don't renew their supporting memberships because they thought that it would give the license to do what ever they want and treat people how ever they wanted. When they find out that no one is above the rules here they decide that the membership is not for them.
    Really?

That's a pretty wide loop you just threw us.

And I do not have a clue to what or who or what type of post you are referencing.

Could you possibly narrow it down a bit with some concrete examples of what "fits your post"?

Some real life examples of what you just tossed us where some supporting member abused his "supporting membership"?

Doc

Thanks

Some of the people who are no longer supporting members are still members here and I will not name any names of anyone who has been or is member of this site. It would be rude to do so, and against how I am trying to live my life these days.

Thanks

Default Asking polite questions can only be polite

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Some of the people who are no longer supporting members are still members here and I will not name any names of anyone who has been or is member of this site. It would be rude to do so, and against how I am trying to live my life these days.
    Hummmm?

I asked for a situational example, not a name.

And "rudeness" is not what it was about. Nor infered in any manner of speaking. It was about getting more information.

It is always "POLITE", in my mind to get more information so that decisions can be made better by everyone.

More information STOPS CONFUSION and leads to better understanding of what you said earlier, which I still do not get.

Oh well.

Thank you Rob for replying.

DOC

Thanks

By giving specific examples it would be too simple for members of the site and visitors to be able fill in the blanks for poeple's names.

Thanks

We've had several individuals (here and on MT) who have after being called on their actions basically make the statement "I'm a paying member / sponsor of this site, doesn't that count?".

The answer is, no, it doesn't.

Some of them have since removed their financial support because we wouldn't be bribed or give them "special consideration".

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (07-21-2007),Miyu (07-21-2007)

Thanks

We've had several individuals (here and on MT) who have after being called on their actions basically make the statement "I'm a paying member / sponsor of this site, doesn't that count?".
    The answer is, no, it doesn't.
    Some of them have since removed their financial support because we wouldn't be bribed or give them "special consideration".
    LOL!

That explanation hits right to the core of my own ethics and values.

This sounds like my thread on "A client attempted to bribe me today..." on the Instructor's forum.

Thank you Bob, I appreciate you clearing up my curiosity.

DOC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    LOL!
    Thank you Bob, I appreciate you clearing up my curiosity.
    DOC
    Well, I finally went and searched for those that have been banned.

I think I found my answer.

DOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links