Thread: Podcast?

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Podcast?

Anyone ever thought of doing a Kenpo podcast? I have do not have the technical skills or equipment (for either video or Kenpo) to do something like this, but I'd love to see one. Might be a great way to promote the art.

As a side question, are there any MA podcasts you watch?

I've been watching Martial Arts Explorer. Not sure what the style is, though. The video and axplanations are pretty clear.
    "Let the wookie win."

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default Re: Podcast?

We can run podcasts through here, just need the source
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

ok what exactly is a 'podcast'?

*sigh* I need to get out more.
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

It's a broadcast made through apple's Itunes that you can then download to an iPod. It can be either video or audio.
    "Let the wookie win."

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

A Kenpo podcast is an awesome idea!
    I've listened to a few MA podcasts that are moderately interesting. "Karate Kast" with master Steve Pinder and I've also dabbled in "Karate Cafe". Those two aren't bad although a Kenpo podacast would be much more prefered. I haven't gotten into any of the video podcasts yet.
    "A warrior's ultimate act is to put down his sword"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

How would this differ from the "members in motion" section?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

podcast could be interviews with notables, clips of seniors teaching, etc. It's like having our own radio or tv show.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    How would this differ from the "members in motion" section?
    The important difference between a Podcast and other audio and video that you can download from the web is that a Podcast is episodic and you "subscribe" to a Podcast so that everytime a new episode is released, it comes to you automatically through iTunes (or other similar programs) and you don't have to remember to keep checking a website for the next episode. So far, most of them are just audio, but more and more video Podcasts are appearing. Some people call those Vidcasts or Vodcasts.

They're soooooo groovy. I'm subscribed to several hundred of them on many topics. That's almost all I listen to on my iPod. The audio ones are great for the many hours of LA traffic I have to endure each week. I watch the video ones on my computer, since video really sucks the life out of your iPod battery.

And the best part is, they're almost always free of charge. You can learn languages...all kinds of stuff. If you have iTunes, just click on the iTunes Store and you'll find many. You could also go to podzinger.com and search by keywords and see if there are any Podcasts on a topic you're interested in.

Enjoy,

Chris

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Armstrong View Post
    The important difference between a Podcast and other audio and video that you can download from the web is that a Podcast is episodic and you "subscribe" to a Podcast so that everytime a new episode is released, it comes to you automatically through iTunes (or other similar programs) and you don't have to remember to keep checking a website for the next episode. So far, most of them are just audio, but more and more video Podcasts are appearing. Some people call those Vidcasts or Vodcasts.

They're soooooo groovy. I'm subscribed to several hundred of them on many topics. That's almost all I listen to on my iPod. The audio ones are great for the many hours of LA traffic I have to endure each week. I watch the video ones on my computer, since video really sucks the life out of your iPod battery.

And the best part is, they're almost always free of charge. You can learn languages...all kinds of stuff. If you have iTunes, just click on the iTunes Store and you'll find many. You could also go to podzinger.com and search by keywords and see if there are any Podcasts on a topic you're interested in.

Enjoy,

Chris
    Nice ad for podcasts!
    It would also get the videos out to more people than those on KT, especially if it had a more generic title with Karate or Martial Arts in it. It could have a wider audience.
    "Let the wookie win."

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

This sounds like a really good idea.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks

having regular content is the challenge. I doubt we'd get a hit series on me struggling with short-1....well, comedy maybe LOL

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I know it would probably take a lot of work, but what about taking the "technique, set, and form of the month material" and demonstrating it (for a video podcast). It would be neat to get some of the seniors from the new senior forum to demonstrate and talk about their interpretations of different techniques and forms. Of ccourse many might be trying to get their own videos and websites off the ground, so it might be very difficult to get their contributions.

It would be nice if the "tribute to Ed Parker" site was transformed into a podcast so the public could download the videos. I have trouble with the streaming video myself.
    "Let the wookie win."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

If someone would like to gather the information on how to do this properly it would be much appreciated that way the staff can review how feasible of a project this would be for KenpoTalk.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

Bless you internet

Regards,
    Walt

Thanks

The ability to do it is built in to this site.
    I just have nothing to do it with.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links