Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Baltimore!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Hello from Baltimore!

Hello, my name is Ryan I'm from Baltimore, MD. I trained directly under Mr. Palanzo. I also taught at, and helped run, the Pikesville studio for a few years. I also taped and edited the curriculum videos that Mr. Palanzo now sells. Just wanted to ring in here and say hello to anyone that I might know or have taught! Been a while since I've been around! All is well, and Happy New Year to everyone! Peace!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 909 Posts

Default Re: Hello from Baltimore!

Howdy and welcome!

Let everyone "see" where you are ->
    http://www.frappr.com/kenpokarateworldwide
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Welcome to the Board

Seig and I teach at Shepherd University here in WV..

Good to have you here

~Tess

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Welcome to KenpoTalk.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Welcome.

I'm just up the road outside of Philly.

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Welcome to KenpoTalk..
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OPNEKRYAN
    Hello, my name is Ryan I'm from Baltimore, MD. I trained directly under Mr. Palanzo. I also taught at, and helped run, the Pikesville studio for a few years. I also taped and edited the curriculum videos that Mr. Palanzo now sells. Just wanted to ring in here and say hello to anyone that I might know or have taught! Been a while since I've been around! All is well, and Happy New Year to everyone! Peace!
    You are still alive. I have not heard or seen you for many years. I hope all is well.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

*waves* Welcome
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    You are still alive. I have not heard or seen you for many years. I hope all is well.
    I'm alive, and well I might add! I'm running my own Tree company and living in Abingdon just east of BelAir. I've been missing the Kenpo in my life for quite a while now, I still train though. I have my basement set up w/ mirrors and pads and all. Even have a wet bar down there . There aren't any schools near where I live, and I don't know any other Kenpo guys,gals around here. Of coarse I still have my best friend Mark who I've known for the past 20 years, we still meet up and beat on each other from time to time. I miss teaching alot! I've been thinking of stopping in at Joe's from time to time, I just never get around to it. Anyway good to hear from someone I know, not sure who you are though!! Tell everyone I said hello maybe you'll see me in the future, who knows!
    Peace, Ryan

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Ok now I see... Dave! How have you been man? Last I remember you were leaving for school. Hows that working for ya? Good to hear from ya, and glad to see your still at it. How's Bob Sporando doing? Please tell him I said hi, I miss working out with him. I've seen Regis and Joe Cypressi not to long ago. Still talk to Ivy. I guess I be talking to ya later, best of luck w/ school!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTess
    Welcome to the Board

Seig and I teach at Shepherd University here in WV..

Good to have you here

~Tess
    Been a while since I've been out there, I use to climb at Seneca rock just about once a month. Still one of my favorite climbing spots! Thanks for the welcome.
    Ryan

Thanks

Ok now I see... Dave! How have you been man? Last I remember you were leaving for school. Hows that working for ya? Good to hear from ya, and glad to see your still at it. How's Bob Sporando doing? Please tell him I said hi, I miss working out with him. I've seen Regis and Joe Cypressi not to long ago. Still talk to Ivy. I guess I be talking to ya later, best of luck w/ school!
    Everything is goinggood. I just tested for my 3rd black last October. I am grauating after next semester and hopfully marrying my girlfriend not too longafter. I finally got my first 3.0 last semester, hopfully they will just keep coming or get around a 3.5. I have not heard from Mr. Regis since he switched jobs. Mr. Sparando is still kicking, literally. He gives everyone a few walips now and again. I am happy to hear you are doing well. It sucks that there are no Kenpo school up there. I have only been to Bel Air once. Anyways.

Talk to you later,
    David
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

You're a rock climber as well, I see. Excellent. I haven't been out in about 2 yrs, but plan on making some trips this spring. Ever climb at Sand Rock, AL or RockTown, GA? They're very pretty and some really challenging crags. Lots of places to boulder as well...

Welcome to the boards!!!
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"

(*this is where a punch would be landed)

Thanks

Ryan, Hi. What part of Baltimore?

I am studying Kenpo out in Dundalk right now.. started a few months ago after moving to the area. I was studying Tang Soo Do but as there is not a dojo near me anymore...

Just joined up here at kenpotalk and I hope to bounce ideas off everyone for a while. So hello from Dundalk.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpat01
    You're a rock climber as well, I see. Excellent. I haven't been out in about 2 yrs, but plan on making some trips this spring. Ever climb at Sand Rock, AL or RockTown, GA? They're very pretty and some really challenging crags. Lots of places to boulder as well...

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Thanks again.. Never heard of Sand Rock or Rocktown, I use to do some climbs at Stone mountan though down tere in Georgia. I haven't been out in a while, I feel guilty, but I do alot of climbing at work and find it hard to bring myself to doing more on the weekend. I do need to hit a rock though. I use to live down around Savanah, Ga. when I was a kid, miss it down there. Nice to hear from another Climber/ Kenpoist both very mental/ physical arts!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny
    Ryan, Hi. What part of Baltimore?

I am studying Kenpo out in Dundalk right now.. started a few months ago after moving to the area. I was studying Tang Soo Do but as there is not a dojo near me anymore...

Just joined up here at kenpotalk and I hope to bounce ideas off everyone for a while. So hello from Dundalk.
    Hey how's it going? Curious who you trained under in Tang Soo Do. Have you heard of Master Teter? Are you studying under Brian Hines now? Talk later..... Ryan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,559 Times in 2,171 Posts

Hello! Just got here myself. Does your school ever compete in the kenpo events at the USCKF tournament? It's held at the Hunt Valley Marriot at the end of July every year.

Thanks

Hey how's it going? Curious who you trained under in Tang Soo Do. Have you heard of Master Teter? Are you studying under Brian Hines now? Talk later..... Ryan

I am at Mr, Brian's school right now yes.

I had the honor of studying Tang Soo Do with Ken Klotz at UMCP and at his studio in Bowie. I managed to earn my 2nd Brown there and started to assist teaching in the youth classes before I moved.

I miss them all allot.

I have heard the name of Master Teter but I can't say if I have ever met him formally... I may have at one of the tourneys but I am not sure.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdinca
    Hello! Just got here myself. Does your school ever compete in the kenpo events at the USCKF tournament? It's held at the Hunt Valley Marriot at the end of July every year.
    Joe's school wasn't there this past year, but I was there. My buddy Mark fought there. SuperHeavyweight division. He lost to the winner of the Superheavyweight division. Those face masks SUCK though, they really screw up your peripheral vision!
    Were you there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links