Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Greetings

  1. #1
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Greetings

    Greetings.
    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,774
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Welcome to KenpoTalk, tell us a little about yourself.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Hi!

    Welcome to kenpotalk. Where have you trained? How long? Under who? What's your favorite color?

    What's your favorite technique?

    Okay...your turn!

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    2,467
    Thanks
    2,019
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    YEAH....
    what she said.

    WELCOME

    You chose a cool character to emulate.
    LOVED Dr. Who!

    Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

  5. #5
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    Hi!

    Welcome to kenpotalk. Where have you trained? How long? Under who? What's your favorite color?

    What's your favorite technique?

    Okay...your turn!

    --Amy
    Thank you. Various places. Various schools. Blue. Modified Delayed Sword, with sticks.

    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  6. #6
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Welcome to KenpoTalk, tell us a little about yourself.
    I am a seeker of knowledge. I followed the bread crumbs over from MartialTalk to here. Seems to have more activity in the Kenpos.
    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  7. #7
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John View Post
    YEAH....
    what she said.

    WELCOME

    You chose a cool character to emulate.
    LOVED Dr. Who!

    Your Brother
    John
    Thank you. The Anthony Ainley version was the best I think. Wish they would bring the character back for the new series.
    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  8. #8
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Modified Delayed Sword with sticks? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

    But hey, I like a guy that likes sticks.

    Welcome!

  9. #9
    kenpo0324's Avatar
    kenpo0324 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    799
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 67 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Welcome to KenpoTalk,
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked 675 Times in 490 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Welcome to KT. Would love to see some video of Delayed Sword with sticks! That sounds interesting.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

  11. #11
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    No videos at the moment. If I make it to NY for the meet up, maybe I'll have the chance to show it.
    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Welcome looking forward to reading your posts.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    Modified Delayed Sword with sticks? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

    But hey, I like a guy that likes sticks.

    Welcome!
    GM Mike Pick has a version with a blade ... it was really cool.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Seck For This Useful Post:

    Carol (06-20-2007)

  15. #14
    The Master is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Thank you for the warm welcome.


    I am not a kenpoist, I merely dabble in it as I can. A few years back, someone showed me Delayed Sword and I began playing with it. I enjoy blade and stick arts, so I began working the technique with those tools in hand.

    A complete run through is not possible here, but heres a few ideas to play with.

    - involve both hands, turn it into take downs and locks.
    - using stick, puno strikes, take downs, and throws are possible depending on your grip on the stick.
    - Using a short blade, ie knife, you have butt strikes, slashes and a few stabs possible.

    All use the same body mechanics with minor modification. You just have to not worry about being text-book pure.

    Oh my dear Doctor, you have been naive! I am The Master.
    I am The Master, Lord of Time!
    I am The Master, and you, you will obey me.
    Who in the whole galaxy is not my inferior? There is not one creature!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Master For This Useful Post:

    Carol (06-20-2007)

  17. #15
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome.


    I am not a kenpoist, I merely dabble in it as I can. A few years back, someone showed me Delayed Sword and I began playing with it. I enjoy blade and stick arts, so I began working the technique with those tools in hand.

    A complete run through is not possible here, but heres a few ideas to play with.

    - involve both hands, turn it into take downs and locks.
    - using stick, puno strikes, take downs, and throws are possible depending on your grip on the stick.
    - Using a short blade, ie knife, you have butt strikes, slashes and a few stabs possible.

    All use the same body mechanics with minor modification. You just have to not worry about being text-book pure.


    That sounds very cool. Thank you sir!

  18. #16
    Bob Hubbard's Avatar
    Bob Hubbard is offline Retired


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    1,012
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    I was at a seminar once where the instructor was doing what he said was UN baton techniques. One of the things he did looked similar to DS, though it was definitely different technique.

    Basically he used a baton with the cord, broke the grab, stepped past the person buckling their left leg while thrusting the baton past the head on the left (I think) and turning it into a vicious choke.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

  19. #17
    Roadrunner is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    Welcome to KT. Would love to see some video of Delayed Sword with sticks! That sounds interesting.
    I'd love to see this as well.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 55 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I was at a seminar once where the instructor was doing what he said was UN baton techniques. One of the things he did looked similar to DS, though it was definitely different technique.

    Basically he used a baton with the cord, broke the grab, stepped past the person buckling their left leg while thrusting the baton past the head on the left (I think) and turning it into a vicious choke.
    A few words for the curious ones seeking the skills of the stick.

    Siniwalli and Double Siniwalli.

    Bob, what say you?



    [/FONT]

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Posts
    3,900
    Thanks
    2,878
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    Welcome Sir

  22. #20
    shesulsa is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Greetings

    And The Master arrives at KenpoTalk! Good to see some cross-interest there. Howdy!
    Experience is the best teacher ... and it teaches backwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)