Thread: New here

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default New here

Hello everyone I'm excited about joining here and talking about kenpo. I have been training for 10 years and just recently recieved my black belt under graham lelliott. I love kenpo and it is a huge part of my life. Look forward to plenty of discussions here.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenpo_man For This Useful Post:

bdparsons (04-22-2017),jdinca (04-22-2017),KenpoChanger (05-23-2017),KirkS (04-22-2017),nelson (04-22-2017),westbayJJ (05-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 2,134 Posts

Default Re: New here

Welcome to KenpoTalk! Feel free to post away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

KirkS (04-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 562 Posts

Welcome!
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bdparsons For This Useful Post:

KirkS (04-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 597 Posts

Welcome to kenpo talk
    Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Welcome!

I look forward to plenty of discussions with you. (It's been a bit quiet here lately.)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Aloha Kempo brothers and sisters. I am writing to inform you of a newly published book that will be soon be available; titled "Black Robe" The Kempo/Kajukenbo Connection. The book entails a little of my martial arts journey in the Kempo/Kajukenbo system. Also a chapter on my instructor Professor Walter Leo Niakala Godin, of his Kajukenbo beginnings and a chapter on his instructor the great Joe Emperado. The chapter explains in detail of what exactly happened on Memorial Day in 1958. As was told to the detectives by the eye witnesses and the assailants stated in the police transcripts. It also states the courts verdict of the case and the aftermath of the three assailants. I also write about 4 of the 5 founders of Kajukenbo, (and a lost Kajukenbo legacy of a 6th founder) as told to me by Kajukenbo Co-Founder Frank Ordonez. The omission of Sijo Adriano in the chapter is not in anyway to downplay or disrespect Sijo Emperado. Countless publications , magazine articles, videos and dvd's have been made about Sijo's life and method of Kajukenbo; and I would just be repeating what others have known for many years. One more publication will not add to his greatness he made in martial arts history. Nor will his omission take away anything. I wanted to give an overview about the other four who played an equal part in developing Kajukenbo, but somehow became more unhearald. But I will add; I wrote a short tribute to Sijo Emperado. The final chapter will be illustrated effective Kempo/Kajukenbo street self-defense techniques, illustrated by Kempo/Kajukenbo stylist: David Kovar, David Ducay, Tommy Lam, Frank Robello, Andrew Evans and Jason Groff. The segment is in no way meant to compare superiorority of one method over another. But to illustrate Kempo and Kajukenbo street techniques at it's highest levels and it's diversity and progression through out the years. The foreword is written by Senior Grandmaster Eugene Sedeno first generation black belt under Walter Godin. The book will be available in mid July or early August. The website will be made prior to the books print. The book I'm sure will be a subject of controversy in the Kempo and Kajukenbo world and will probably be boycotted by many. Should you have any questions please email me fightingarts@msn.com
    Aloha and keep training
    David Tavares
    Former editor Fighting Arts Hawaii Magazine
    Writer of DVD "What is Chinese Kempo" YouTube
    Author: Black Robe The Kempo/Kajukenbo Connection

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Geezer For This Useful Post:

jdinca (05-23-2017),nelson (05-23-2017)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links