Thread: Board Rules Question

CaptShady Guest

Default Board Rules Question

Regarding the thread that was just locked, I think some clarification is necessary. Clyde posted what I believe to be mean spirited questions about Mr Mills, and said he saw nothing wrong with it. rmcr said he thought that things should be hashed out on a public forum, and should be kept public. So I thought, "GOOD!! What a perfect opportunity to clear the air about the tons of things that were 'hush hush' regarding Mr Tatum." The thread regarding those questions was locked, yet the "Devil's Advocate" thread was not. I don't follow now.

Thank you for your time

Thanks

Default Re: Board Rules Question

I agree with the admin lock. There was an awful lot of unwarrented hostility, from both sides.

Of course at some point earlier there should have been a warning issued, so maybe there wouldn't have been a need for a lock.

Its good to see an administrative presence on this board. Its nice to know we actually have those once in a while
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

CaptShady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    I agree with the admin lock. There was an awful lot of unwarrented hostility, from both sides.

Of course at some point earlier there should have been a warning issued, so maybe there wouldn't have been a need for a lock.

Its good to see an administrative presence on this board. Its nice to know we actually have those once in a while
    Agreed, but other threads went in that direction long ago. Yet the protection seemed to go to one lineage.

Thanks

Its the one that got noticed. Maybe if we had some actual mods, it would seem more "fair"
    Susan A. Spann

CaptShady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    Its the one that got noticed. Maybe if we had some actual mods, it would seem more "fair"
    Understood! Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Thanks

Youre welcome Capt.
    Susan A. Spann

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Kirk,

The Devil's Advocate Thread actually had/has potential at times. Serious discussion was occuring until it got sidetracked here and there but seemed to come back on course. The thread locked had little to share with anyone but the members involved. It was antangonistic and not in the Spirit of KenpoTalk.

~Tess
    -KT Admin

CaptShady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTess
    Kirk,

The Devil's Advocate Thread actually had/has potential at times. Serious discussion was occuring until it got sidetracked here and there but seemed to come back on course. The thread locked had little to share with anyone but the members involved. It was antangonistic and not in the Spirit of KenpoTalk.

~Tess
    -KT Admin
    Okay. This is Clyde's and Bobby's board then, I see. G'head and delete my membership.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

It is All Member's Board... The thread in question Who was Mr Tatum's original instructor? was not contributing much of anything other than flames.
    If you think I was picking on You Kirk, because you started the thread.. think again, I took the whole thread as a sum and I don't care who posted what. It was going nowhere and hence my decision.
    If you wish to take you pail and shovel elsewhere, that's your choice.

~Tess
    -KT Admin

Thanks

Red face Re: Board Rules Question

Hi,

I just noticed this post and realized CaptShady pulled the pin. To bad, I just wrote a couple of posts to him in the Bruce Juchnik section, Hmmm not the sharpest pencil.

Ok guess I will have to go to Canamma and give him a clue.

Regards, Gary

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Board Rules Question

I just read that thread and people certainly are touchy about it. There are a lot of people who may be under the head instructor of the school, technically, but are more or less taught by someone else.

I've had a ton of instructors myself and learned something different and unique from most of them. (Others, not so much)

My first instructor was Vinton Koklich. His instructor was Jim Byrnes, who had a separate class I attended for awhile. I learned from Ray Arquilla for a couple of years, Bob Lyles for a few, Richard LaFave (deceased ) and now, Darryl Liner. I had some others for short periods along the way, but I've been with Darryl the longest. Some of my instructors have been under Tatum and some under others. All had something valuable to offer me.

As far as rank, my understanding is that if you're a 10th degree, it's generally because your students or peers elevated you to that rank. If it's the highest rank, who else could do it? It's like being made king or something. It's usually supported by the people.

I think everyone was overracting. Just my two cents.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links