Thread: KenpoTalk Community Rules

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,152 Posts

Default KenpoTalk Community Rules

Site Wide General Rules

General Posting Rules:

• No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. NO insulting or personal attacks on other members - if some one insults you, do not retaliate but report the offending post using the 'report this post' button link located in each post's top right corner! Respect each others' opinions - you don't have to agree with them but please respect them.
    • Rudeness, flaming, trolling, or any messages (via the forum, e-mail, or PM) that constitute a personal attack will not be tolerated. You'll only get one warning. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
    • No "Challenges" - If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.
    • No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles, signatures and/or posting comments which will intimidate, promote or generate hatred or flames among members.
    • No senseless "Bumping": Please do not bump your request/help searching or other threads several times a day. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not. Remember there are people who don't browse this board every hour. So do not bump a thread within 24h or too much even after 24 hours.
    • No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
    • Post in the correct and appropriate forums.
    • Please don't post a message saying, "I need information about whatever. Please e-mail me at myname@myservice.com." Asking people to answer your questions via e-mail defeats this purpose of public discourse.
    • Members may not post to instruct users to check their e-mail, check their PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof.
    • Members may not use the forum to publicly debate the forum policies listed here. If you have a concern or complaint about the way the forum is run, please email the administrator, or post in the suport forum.
    • Don't post libelous or defamatory comments. We will cooperate with court orders.
    • KenpoTalk and its staff are not in the business of endorsing or validating rank. Claims of rank made by practioners are theirs and theirs alone. Kenpo Talk does not make any warranty to the validity of such claims and does have an "anti" fraud busting policy.
    We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within those posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the forum. We reserve the right to remove posts at our discretion and without explanation and to limit or terminate service to participants who violate the terms of this agreement. If you have any questions, please ask the forum administrator or post in the support forum.

Privacy policy
    Our privacy policy explains how we protect and respect the data we collect from you.

Account Policy

• Members are permitted a maximum of one account per person, regardless of how many organizations you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled.
    • Sharing of accounts is not allowed.
    • Members may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
    • Keep your account information private (password).
    • Purposefully violating the security of the forum or allowing someone else to use your account may result in suspension or ban.
    Signature, Custom Title, Avatar and Personal Picture Policies
    Each KenpoTalk Membership comes with the ability to display a signature, an Avatar, a Custom Title and a Personal Picture.

Signatures: Signatures are attached to the end of your posts.
    Size Limits:

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:

• Just Text: 8 lines small size or 4 lines size 2 and up to 90 chars per line
    • Just Image: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
    • Text and Image: 4 lines (or 2 with Textsize 2) and one image (in a new line) up to 300 pixels wide, 75 pixels tall and 20k in size.
    • ( Empty lines are counted as well.)
    Content Limits:

• No advertisements
    • You can put in links that lead to your site(s) or a product page.
    • You may mention your company, and contact information.
    • You can have a slogan. i.e. "Best place to train in the UK"
    • Pre-approved BBcode is acceptable.
    • Signatures are subject to all other content restrictions.
    • Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages.
    • All signatures must be appropriate for this Forum and are subject to review by the KenpoTalk Moderation Team.
    Custom User Titles: The custom user title is the text that appears underneath your member name in the posts.
    URLs or other forms of advertising (phone numbers, plans, contact details, etc.) are not allowed in custom user titles, which is limited to 25 characters. Also, members may not use custom titles to impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, Staff or user groups.

Avatars and Personal Pictures :Avatars are the small images that appear in posts by your user name. Personal Pictures are larger images that appear in your profile.

• Image sizes vary by user group.
    • Images must comply with all content policies
    Language Policy

• All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, as well as any attachments or other forms of public display.
    • Members may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by us.
    ADVERTISING / SPAM / CROSS POSTING POLICY
    Is covered in our seperate Advertising Policy.

How you can help.

• If you spot a violation of these guidelines, please use the "Report this post" link inside the post.
    • Members should use common sense. We don't have a written policy for everything.
    Disclaimers:
    These policies are subject to change at any time. Please check the announcements forum for changes to these guidelines.

In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the Forum. Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.

In no event will we be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use our service, or any information or services provided on , even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on.

We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current forum policies.

Finally; any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.
    Last edited by Bob Hubbard; 08-08-2005 at 06:44 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

AstralProtector (03-27-2007),John M. La Tourrette (03-26-2007),justthetruth (04-17-2008)

Thanks

Default Re: KenpoTalk Community Rules

Addendum:

General Posting Rules:
    Due to the nature of this board, members that intentionally twist or distort their lineage in order to or for the purpose of harassing members of another lineage will be subject to disciplinary measures up to and including expulsion from a lineage forum or the board as a whole.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

aaricallison (01-09-2016)

CaptShady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTalk Admin
    Addendum:

General Posting Rules:
    Due to the nature of this board, members that intentionally twist or distort their lineage in order to or for the purpose of harassing members of another lineage will be subject to disciplinary measures up to and including expulsion from a lineage forum or the board as a whole.
    Who's going to make that judgement? I didn't even know LaBounty was "in my lineage" until he told me. Some might consider Tatum in his lineage since Huk was his initial instructor. Who makes the lineage judgement?

Thanks

This boards staff will make that determination IF such things become a problem.
    There is "I dont know", "I misunderstood" and "Im here to stir up crap".
    This targets #3.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

There is a difference between history and lineage. To clarify this a bit; there are several "litmus" tests.

1.) Was the senior in question a seventh at the time of Mr. Parker's death as recognized by the American Kenpo Senior Council? If yes, then it is a separate lineage. Kirk, you have a good example. Your teacher is in the Planas lineage. At one time Mr. Planas was in both the Kelley and the LaBounty lineages. At the time of Mr. Parker's death, all three men were sevenths. Therefore, we have three distinctly different lineages.

2.) Does the senior in question head your organization? For example, Mr. Tatum heads an organization of many schools and it may be possible that he does not personally know a head instructor or his students. You would still be in his lineage as a member in good standing of his association.

3.) Does the senior claim you or your instructor personally as a student? For example; while I have not personally met Mr. LaBounty yet, he claims Mr. Conatser as his student, Mr. Conatser claims him as his teacher. I claim Mr. Conatser as my teacher, he claims me as his personal student; ergo, my students and I are in the LaBounty lineage.

4.) Merely having had a senior sit on your promotion board does not place you in his lineage.

Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Thank you Bob,

I love people that give the rules of behavior up front.
    I love people that have ethics.
    I love people that are intelligent and sane.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

AstralProtector (03-27-2007)

Thanks

Rule Updates, Effective June 12 2007

KenpoTalk encourages the free exchange of ideas. In the past we have allowed a rather relaxed policy towards website promotion, product mentions, etc. More recently however, concerns about trolling and SPAM have caused us to reevaluate our policy. To this end, we have revised our rules as follows, effective today:

A - WebSite Promotion:

1 - Links to websites that are hostile towards us are not allowed anywhere on this site, under any circumstances. If the administation allows or condones such behavior, we will not accept links to them nor their content. This rule supercedes all others.
    2 - Website links of a resource, historical or technical nature are permitted in the art specific fora, as well as the "Whats New" forum.
    3 - Linking to articles or information is permitted, provided the site being linked too allows it.
    4 - If in doubt, ask an admin if it is allowed.
    5 - Websites of a commercial nature, e-stores or their ilk are restricted to the ProShop forum. If higher visibility is desired, please contact an Admin for advertising rates to market your service or product.

* What is a "Commercial Link"? If you make money from that link, it's commercial.

EXCEPTIONS:

* Seminar, Camp and event notifications, reports and reviews are both allowed and encouraged!
    * Product reviews on video, audio, print or electronic media done by neutral 3rd parties are also both allowed and encouraged.

B - Forum Promotion / Linking
    1 - Using the forum to solicit members for a competing forum is forbidden. KenpoTalk's primary purpose is to be a discussion forum. Just as Coke does not allow Pepsi equal space in their booths, we can not grow by allowing our competition to use us as a free promotional tool. If higher visibility is desired, please contact an Admin for advertising rates. This includes, but is not limited to "Check out my/our/this new forum" type posts. It would be foolish to allow our competitors to freely advertise in our forum, as well as in poor taste for those to just SPAM us seeking to draw away our membership.

EXCEPTIONS:

* Linking to articles on other forums -is- permitted.
    * Press Releases, News or other items of similar import NOT specifically denied above is permitted where applicable.
    * If in doubt, ask an admin if it is allowed.

C - Website Development and Hosting links/offers/etc:
    1 - KenpoTalk is owned and operated by a professional web designer.
    2 - It is sponsored in part by a professional hosting and design firm.
    3 - KenpoTalk itself offers both services to its members.
    Because of this, it is a conflict of interest to allow our competition to freely solicit business from our members.

Advertising competing services such as web hosting or website design is not allowed in posts, signatures, or anywhere else in your profile. Any such posts or links will be removed. Additionally, discussion of competing services is not allowed. It would be foolish to allow our competitors to freely advertise in our forum.

EXCEPTIONS:

* KenpoTalk or SilverStar WebDesigns affiliates, who have the permission of the site owner.
    * Members of the KenpoTalk Network who work in a complimentary manner with KenpoTalk.
    * Paid Advertisers who have the permission of the site owner.

D - Forum / Art / Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting
    1 - No forum bashing, Period. This means all forum bashing is not tolerated. Forum bashing is coming to KT and complaining about other forums, their rules, their moderators, their members, etc.
    2 - No Art bashing. No one art is "the best", no one "style" is the best. All have their strengths and weaknesses. Do your research and find what best fits your ability and need.
    3 - No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting. It is not our mission to out and expose frauds or decide who "sucks". Such discussions rarely lead anywhere other than to headaches, and lawsuits.

There are sites that thrive on such negativity. We are not one of them.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

ackks10 (09-16-2008),Brother John (06-12-2007),Gin-Gin2 (07-06-2007),nelson (08-30-2007),shesulsa (06-19-2007)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I am new to KenpoTalk and I would like to contact some of the posters but I am denied access saying "am I trying to change someones profile or maybe I am not acitivated to do so yet." I am denied on members list and when I hit some names. Whats Up? What do I need to do. Thanks.

Mooch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I am new to KenpoTalk and I would like to contact some of the posters but I am denied access saying "am I trying to change someones profile or maybe I am not acitivated to do so yet." I am denied on members list and when I hit some names. Whats Up? What do I need to do. Thanks.

Mooch
    I think you have to post a minimum number of times. At least that's how it is on a forum that I moderate.
    ~Bill Richardson

Rudeness is the frustrated attempt of a small mind to communicate.

Forgive everyone everything

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toejoe2k View Post
    I think you have to post a minimum number of times. At least that's how it is on a forum that I moderate.
    Alot of features are locked off until you make a post. It's an anti-spammer thing.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I don't understand how any of this works, I can't do anything on here, other then what I'm doing right now. It tells me I don't have premission? Please help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 635 Posts

Blackwidow ... have you registered?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    I don't understand how any of this works, I can't do anything on here, other then what I'm doing right now. It tells me I don't have premission? Please help!
    See the post immediately before yours.

Thanks

Rule & Policy Changes - May 11 2010

Account Deletion Requests
    We do not delete accounts. If you wish to no longer be here for any reason, simply do not log in any more. The previous "Account Closed" group has been retired due to large volumes of members wanted to access their account again, but requiring administrator intervention to do so.

Account Closure Requests
    We no longer close accounts. If you wish to no longer be here for any reason, simply do not log in any more. The previous "Account Closed" group has been retired due to large volumes of members wanted to access their account again, but requiring administrator intervention to do so.

"Delete All My Posts" Requests
    No. It is not our policy to delete all the posts you made. Doing so harms the integrity and flow of our forums.

Post/Thread Removal Requests
    It is not our policy to remove posts or threads because someone is offended by the content, or the OP has changed their mind about it being posted. In rare cases we will consider polite requests. Consideration is not a promise of removal. We reserve the right to remove any post we deem as offensive, hostile, threatening or otherwise a violation of our policies.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links