Thread: Advertising Policy

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,155 Posts

Default Advertising Policy

ADVERTISING / SPAM / CROSS POSTING POLICY
    - No Advertising outside of the Advertising Forums.

- No "Spamming": Please don't double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count.

- NO selling or distribution or discussion of illegal or copyrighted materials on this board. Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled. Discussion of P2P networks, File Sharing, Bootlegs, Warez, tape trading or related is not allowed here.

- NO selling or promotion of your own web services or products. If you want to pay for advertising on this forum contact the Admin here for current advertising rates.

- You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.

- NO "Cross-Posting" - Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts they have already started.

- Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies.

- Under no circumstances may you...

• Spam our members for commerical or non-commercial reasons! If you think you have been spammed by a member, please forward the e-mail to the forum administrator, with complete header information.
    • Harvesting the e-mail addresses of our members for commerical or non-commercial reasons.
    • Ask other members to contact you, nor may you request their contact information (if a member has not enabled a form of contact, assume that member does not want to be contacted).
    We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by forum participants except in those sections where advertising is expressly permitted. Please Contact the forum administrator about forum sponsorship and/or purchasing a paid ad.
    Last edited by Bob Hubbard; 04-02-2005 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

Thanks

Default Re: Advertising Policy

I've had a few questions on where the "right" place to post is, given our unique layout. To try and minimize clutter, or confusion on what is and is not an ad, I've tried to clarify the organization a bit here. Any questions, please ask.
    ====

Some examples, clarifications, etc:

PRODUCTS

Q - Mr. "X" has just released a new dvd. Where should I post about it?

A - If you are announcing a new product, please post in the "Kenpo News" forum.
    A - If you are looking for a review of a product, please post in the "Product Reviews" forum.
    A - If you are reviewing a product, please post in the "Product Reviews" forum.
    A - If you are the publisher/seller/creator of the product, you have 2 options.
    1 - Contact us for advertising rates - OR -
    2 - Post a "Product Announcement" or "Press Release" in the "Kenpo News" forum.

EVENTS

Q - Mr. "X" is doing a seminar at my school. Where should I post about it?
    Q - Where should I post camp/seminar announcements?

A - We have several ways for you to spread the word about training and fellowship oportunities. In order to cut down on clutter, cross posting and confusion, while ensuring as many people as posible can easily find the event information please:
    DO - Post it on the Calendar
    DO - Post it in the "Events" forum
    DO NOT - Post under the Lineages, or General forums

Q - I was at a seminar by Mr. "X" and want to tell everyone how it went. Where do I do that?
    A - Seminar, Event, and Camp writeups, reviews and related should go under the lineage in question. For example: A Zach Whitson seminar would for example fall under the Parker-Planas forum, while a Dennis Conatser seminar would fall under Parker-LaBounty.
    A - You may also discuss each event under it's announcement in the "Event" forum.

SCHOOL OPENINGS

Q - I'm opening a school, where should that be posted?

A - School openings and closings should be posted under the "News" forum.

Thanks

Default Re: Advertising Policy

If you are having trouble posting an ad, please see Event Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting Here! for our event posting policies.
    I've added some clarification to assist members.

If you're in doubt about if it's 'news' or an 'ad', here's a simple test:
    If you are charging admission - it's an ad.
    If anyone can walk in and participate without cost - it's news.
    If in doubt, ask me.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

J Ellis (02-07-2012),jdinca (02-07-2012)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links