Thread: Your Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Your Forum

I have noticed that we have 3 high ranking Tracy kenpo stylists here in KenpoTalk; Mr. Hanna, Mr. Simmons, and Mr. Munk. I would like input from these 3 gentlemen and all the others members who use this area as to what is needed to help grow the Tracy's Fora on KenpoTalk. This is your area, I have seeded it with many posts but I need to know what you want to see. We can all see that this is a safe place and there has been no bashing from other kenpo stylists in this area, sp please tell me what is needed to make this area grow, and be prosperous.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Your Forum

Rob, I appreciate your effort. The problem as I see it is the proliferation of kenpo forums. To be honest, the foremost Tracy's forum is Dr Sumner's. He is, in my opinion, the foremost Tracy's practitioner around, except for Mr Tracy who does not have a forum, so we naturally gravitate to him.

What this forum will need then is topics that are Tracy related but also alittle more general so that other kenpo stylists can participate --showing different perspectives and opinions, etc.--not that that can't be done on Dr Sumner's site, its just that we have a common language and base of understanding so we can be more specific about things on his site.

Jim

Thanks

I have been to most forums on the net and have found that even though this one is small still we are growing. my goal for the Tracy fora is to watch out for sniping and to put out the fires if and when they occur. This place has the potetential to be a great wellspring of knowledge for all kenpo stylists and a place like KenpoTalk can be a great place for the differenet varieties of Kenpo to share and explore each other's system. Since it is neutral ground it is more open to the sharing. I am willing to do my part of seeding the forum with topics and policing the area, but it is the members that need to make the area successful.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the welcome .... The last time Master Simmons and myself got into some posts on another forum all hell broke loose (some didn't like what we had to say ... Oh Well) .... hehehe

But I'm sure we'll not stir the pot too much ..

I'm open to answer any questions I can so don't be afraid to fire away ...
    Pat Munk, Judan
    Kenpo Karate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,792 Times in 1,309 Posts

I trained in Aurora Colorado for a summer in the eighties. I can't remember the name of the instructors that were nice enough to let an EPAK person train with them. Can you help? I mean, just off the top of your head.
    Sean

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

No I'm afraid I can't help ya with that one ..
    Pat Munk, Judan
    Kenpo Karate

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

There are at least 3 other Tracy forums out there. I have one, Ted Sumner has one, and Ricardo Castillo has one. Dr. Sumner's by far is the most active, and he attempts to maintain a high degree of civility and promote education.

However, Rob, your efforts have done alot over here, and as you can see by the increase in traffic, it is paying off!
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenpodave For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-16-2007)

Thanks

I know it will take time to get people to post here. Right now I am just hoping to start generating looks at the place by Tracy Kenpo people, so that they will want to join the site, and contribute. Any and all suggestions will be taken seriously and put before the admins of the site.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    I know it will take time to get people to post here. Right now I am just hoping to start generating looks at the place by Tracy Kenpo people, so that they will want to join the site, and contribute. Any and all suggestions will be taken seriously and put before the admins of the site.
    I hope to post more, but ever since we opened up a part time studio back in May, and with being a school teacher, I'm on the move alot.

I also used to post alot on Martial Talk as well till I was reprimanded for being too friendly with Amercian Kenpoists.(so much for freedom of association)
    This burned my blood, and I felt I was being watched, but now, I am resurfacing!!! My loyalty has never wavered.

I also hope more Tracy people would post on my site (shamless plug) as it used to do well, especially since it became more professional. however, it's dropped off alot. I ask for help, and get little repsonse.

My main emphasis is to push the Tracy system as that has always been my priority. I work hard to support the organization and do so now by having a good sized Tracy Studio, and many people to teach.

One suggestion, have a listing of all the Tracy Instructors here, and a small bio of them. It seems not too many are known, and or post on forums.(I think)

Let me also mention the appreication/Thanks for the owner of Kenpo Talk for setting a place for the Tracy group.

Thanks!!!
    " Come with me, and I will complete your trainning."

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

I have the same traffic problems on my forum, too, probably because I keep deleting it when updating my site! I am back up to 8 whole members now, though!
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kenpo
    I also used to post alot on Martial Talk as well till I was reprimanded for being too friendly with Amercian Kenpoists.(so much for freedom of association)
    This burned my blood, and I felt I was being watched, but now, I am resurfacing!!! My loyalty has never wavered.
    I hope I'm not intruding here, and I defineately mean no offense. But why were you reprimanded for being friendly with other Kenpoist? I've been taught to respect others perspectives and also taught to keep an open mind lest I miss out on something beneficial. Again, I apologize if I'm posting where I should not, but I couldn't help wondering why you would be restricted from discussing martial arts with other kindred spirits.
    Love your avatar BTW. I was lucky enough to meet Ray Parks at a convention last year. Cool guy. =)
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    I hope I'm not intruding here, and I defineately mean no offense. But why were you reprimanded for being friendly with other Kenpoist? I've been taught to respect others perspectives and also taught to keep an open mind lest I miss out on something beneficial. Again, I apologize if I'm posting where I should not, but I couldn't help wondering why you would be restricted from discussing martial arts with other kindred spirits.
    Love your avatar BTW. I was lucky enough to meet Ray Parks at a convention last year. Cool guy. =)
    Good question! It came out of the blue, and all I've ever done is exchange alot of banter with others, but I was told some nasty things, and this by a person who does not know me.

It still bugs me that I was monitored. Maybe someone thought I was gonna defect, but am I goofy enough to announce such things?

I don't think so.

Go figure. Thanks for the compliment!
    " Come with me, and I will complete your trainning."

Thanks

Any more ideas on what it will take to build up this area of KenpoTalk?

Thanks

Do any of our newer members who are part of the Tracy system want to chime in on this thread?

Thanks

It has been almost 6 monts since this this thread has had any action and we have gained over 100 new members, there has to be some new tracy's stylists.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodave View Post
    There are at least 3 other Tracy forums out there. I have one, Ted Sumner has one, and Ricardo Castillo has one. Dr. Sumner's by far is the most active, and he attempts to maintain a high degree of civility and promote education.

However, Rob, your efforts have done alot over here, and as you can see by the increase in traffic, it is paying off!
    Yep.
    I received my hachidan in 1986 (gees, 21 years ago? Damn!) from Al Tracy and I also have my own martial arts forum.

I must say that I love how this site is run.

Thank you.

And David, I'll do my best to cause this part to grow.

Sincerely,
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kenpo View Post
    Well,

I am a member over there, and I joined there the same time I joined here.

I did test the waters there with 2 good posts with much information.

One guy came back a called me a fraud. I wrote him privately and told him to cease and desist or I'd sue his ass.

Another guy who writes children books made a negative inference.

I did ask the man in charge about slander.

He told me to hit a button so I could NOT read the person's posts any more.

I decided to spend my time and share what I know real well elsewhere.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I'm part of the American Kenpo Karate Association which I thought/think falls under the Tracy System (or used to). I think something that would help out would be threads over training (drills, weight workout, cardio workouts, etc), competition advise, personal experiences where using Kenpo saved your life or someone elses, and an instructor bio thread with a little bio of each instructor in the Tracy system. Is that too much?
    Very Respectfully,
    Glenn

sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Thanks

Dr. Kenpo,
    I for one am glad to see you posting on KenpoTalk. Also Dr. John LaTourrette
    I have learned a lot from both of you. Keep on posting here. I am not Tracy's but consider Al Tracy a friend. We visit when he is in the Northwest. He has always been very gracious to me. I think the inter action between our styles of Kenpo is good for all of us.
    I learn about you and you learn about me. What is bad about that? I have also made some new Tracy friends on here and enjoy talking with them.
    Also This forum is not like other forums. we don't crucfy here. Let's keep it that way.

I am Most Respectfully,
    Sifuroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Well,

There are many white belts that don't know caca but want to discuss what YOU are doing wrong.

I hear it time and time again that I "only know Kenpo" so what I do will not work for them. It's usually a high school wrestler that want's to fight for real, and they don't realize that we fight for real.

Ricardo is also ranked in Taekwon-do and Kenpo, so there is a vast amount of knowledge there, if he's approached right.

So, why talk with anyone unless they've somehow earned that right?

And on this forum, I'm pretty sure that he (and I and the others here) only answer posts and threads that are meaningful to them.

Thank you sifuroy.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links