Thread: WHy?

zealous Kenpoist Guest

Default WHy?

I'm not trying to start anything. I hope this question isn't taboo.

Why did the Tracy's leave Mr. Parker?
    Simple, straightforward and open ended question. I hope merely to gain an understanding.

thanks

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: WHy?

Hopefully one of the more senior Tracyists will jump in, but as I understood it, it was essentially a business decision. Al Tracy had a different vision for growing the organization and Mr. Parker was not moving fast enough for him. As I understood it; originally, Mr. Tracy left with Mr. Parker's encouragement and blessing.
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by zealous Kenpoist
    I'm not trying to start anything. I hope this question isn't taboo.

Why did the Tracy's leave Mr. Parker?
    Simple, straightforward and open ended question. I hope merely to gain an understanding.

thanks
    When Parker created the IKKA, Al and Jim Tracy were given contol of the KKAA. They were also given permission by Ed Parker to continue running the organization and teaching the way they had been taught. In the beginning the "split" was amicable, but over time that changed. I am not sure why, and I have never asked. It seems, though, like the conflict had more to do with the people under Parker and Tracy than with Parker and Tracy themselves. Today, I refer to it as a "brown belt issue," because most of the seniors in both styles seem to be way past it.
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenpodave For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (09-16-2012)

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Hello Zealous KenpoistI think what your looking for can be found on WWW.sanjosekenpo.com
    website. Under Articles and historical Document Page.
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

zealous Kenpoist Guest

Default Thanks

I appreciate the lead.

thanks

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodave
    When Parker created the IKKA, Al and Jim Tracy were given contol of the KKAA. They were also given permission by Ed Parker to continue running the organization and teaching the way they had been taught. In the beginning the "split" was amicable, but over time that changed. I am not sure why, and I have never asked. It seems, though, like the conflict had more to do with the people under Parker and Tracy than with Parker and Tracy themselves. Today, I refer to it as a "brown belt issue," because most of the seniors in both styles seem to be way past it.
    kenpo dave said it best, i don't matter at all lets live kenpo while we are still here.
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

IT don't matter at all ,,(sorry)
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 798 Posts

This has been a contentuous over the years, and with time all matters like this get distorted. Since Ed Parker is no longer with us, we will never be able to get all of the story.

Instead I think we should be celebrating the similarities in these two branches of Kenpo. While there has been bad blood in the past, we as practioners of these arts can mend the fences.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links