Thread: 3 Swords

Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 798 Posts

Default 3 Swords

Before anyone starts jumping on me saying the Tracy system does not have a technique called 3 Swords, I want to start this thread analyzing the first 3 techniques in the Yellow Belt: Chinese Sword, Japanese Sword & Delayed Sword.

When teaching these techniques to new students do you teach all 3 in the same lesson or do you break them into several lessons? How much detail do you go into? Do you use them to show the difference between linear techniques and circular.

Lets share and explore these first 3 techniques.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: 3 Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Before anyone starts jumping on me saying the Tracy system does not have a technique called 3 Swords, I want to start this thread analyzing the first 3 techniques in the Yellow Belt: Chinese Sword, Japanese Sword & Delayed Sword.

When teaching these techniques to new students do you teach all 3 in the same lesson or do you break them into several lessons? How much detail do you go into? Do you use them to show the difference between linear techniques and circular.

Lets share and explore these first 3 techniques.
    I actually teach these techniques 4th, 5th, and 6th, even though they are the first three. I still use the Introductory course format, which teaches Knee of Vengeance, Fang of the Cobra, and Breaking the Sword first.

To your questions: I often teach them in the same lesson. I definitely teach Japanese and Chines in the same lesson, but there is sometimes not enough time to get to Delayed Sword. I teach Japanese and Chinese to show the difference between the linear and the circular, the difference in stance usage, timing, etc. Alot depends on the student and how well they are absorbing what they are shown, and I am somtimes led by good questions.
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links