Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Time To Put This To Bed

  1. #1
    ackks10 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Laurel springs New jersey
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 165 Times in 134 Posts

    Default Time To Put This To Bed

    I think it is time to put this to bed once and for all,it was about 5/6 years ago
    i called Master Al tracy and i asked him for a copy of my 3rd degree black cret.
    he said ok and sent it to me no problem, at the time it came to me in the mail my father had passed away, and i was not thinking about anything but my dad.
    Master Tracy wanted $60 dollars fpr the cert. he did not get it on time.
    and when i came back from AZ. (thats where my father lived) and went to my school i found that it was broken into my back sliding door was open.
    i call the police and told them what happen and what was lost.
    but even before i left for my dad, and right after i got off the phone with Master Tracy i had told a student(office manager) to cut a check and send it to Master Tracy (that was never done, and thats another story for another time) so when i got back i ran into all of this.
    The reason i'm putting all this out here is because people are coming to me and asking why did Tracy take away my belt? and i'm going tell everyone what Master Tracy told me, it's because he did not get his MONEY on time.
    i called Master Tracy and told him about everything that happen (he did not care) i sent him the police report also and spoke with Mrs Pat Tracy (wife)
    and no one seemed to care about anything but the money, i than told her that "here is my credit card #" she said that they don't want it.
    so thats what happen i tried to do everything right, was i late paying him? yes but it was not my fault. but to do something like this because of $ 60.00? what can i say.some people think that i did something really bad to this man,i started with Tracys kenpo in 1965 and he know's me and where i live, but thats what happen and thats all, he did what he did.(and i'm not the frist one)
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

  2. #2
    sigung86's Avatar
    sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    2,622
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 728 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    And you are not, likely, the last George.

  3. #3
    Old Fat Kenpoka's Avatar
    Old Fat Kenpoka is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Now that you are a 10th degree yourself, what do you care about Al Tracy's rank award?
    Alan Wortman aka Old Fat Kenpoka

  4. #4
    sigung86's Avatar
    sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    2,622
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 728 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
    Now that you are a 10th degree yourself, what do you care about Al Tracy's rank award?
    The reason i'm putting all this out here is because people are coming to me and asking why did Tracy take away my belt? and i'm going tell everyone what Master Tracy told me, it's because he did not get his MONEY on time.

  5. #5
    ackks10 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Laurel springs New jersey
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 165 Times in 134 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
    Now that you are a 10th degree yourself, what do you care about Al Tracy's rank award?
    i may not agree with what he did or HOW he did it, but it was Tracys kenpo that i started in.(respect) anyway i'm a careing person
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by lonekimono10 View Post
    I think it is time to put this to bed once and for all,it was about 5/6 years ago
    i called Master Al tracy and i asked him for a copy of my 3rd degree black cret.
    he said ok and sent it to me no problem, at the time it came to me in the mail my father had passed away, and i was not thinking about anything but my dad.
    Master Tracy wanted $60 dollars fpr the cert. he did not get it on time.
    and when i came back from AZ. (thats where my father lived) and went to my school i found that it was broken into my back sliding door was open.
    i call the police and told them what happen and what was lost.
    but even before i left for my dad, and right after i got off the phone with Master Tracy i had told a student(office manager) to cut a check and send it to Master Tracy (that was never done, and thats another story for another time) so when i got back i ran into all of this.
    The reason i'm putting all this out here is because people are coming to me and asking why did Tracy take away my belt? and i'm going tell everyone what Master Tracy told me, it's because he did not get his MONEY on time.
    i called Master Tracy and told him about everything that happen (he did not care) i sent him the police report also and spoke with Mrs Pat Tracy (wife)
    and no one seemed to care about anything but the money, i than told her that "here is my credit card #" she said that they don't want it.
    so thats what happen i tried to do everything right, was i late paying him? yes but it was not my fault. but to do something like this because of $ 60.00? what can i say.some people think that i did something really bad to this man,i started with Tracys kenpo in 1965 and he know's me and where i live, but thats what happen and thats all, he did what he did.(and i'm not the frist one)
    I'm curious to why a simple telephone call wouldn't have fixed this.

    I've known Al Tracy since 1973 and he has always been very logical, precise and honest.

    He has always been very fair and understanding.

    This, if everything above is true, should have been easy to rectify.

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    What SHOULD be easy and what IS easy are not necessarily the same.

    To do anything like that over $60, especially in light of your life events, is ridiculous.

    I would even say 'obscene'.

    Yes, I said it. And I meant it.

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  8. #8
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    It's very easy for people to get along when there are no obligations between them.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (07-20-2007)

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Politics in Kenpo have been around even before the IKKA went away. Even worse after that.

    The idea of taking someone's belt away is more a slap in the face than anything else.

    Your knowledge will never leave you ... regardless if the "axe" has fallen.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Seck For This Useful Post:

    Celtic_Crippler (05-17-2007)

  12. #10
    Kenpodave's Avatar
    Kenpodave is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, United States,
    Posts
    593
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 396 Times in 197 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Well, since this has apparently not been put to bed, I will jump in. The story that Mr. Elmer posted that started this thread is not the same story that I heard.

    While his account may indeed have happened, the reason for his dismissal from the system was an entirely different matter.

    It is not for me to go into detail, but, to assume that this all occurred over a $60.00 certificate is ludicrous.
    Dave

    "I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton


  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenpodave For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (05-17-2007),Kenpo-Sloth (06-21-2007),Martin Seck (05-17-2007)

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    2,467
    Thanks
    2,019
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    I have NO idea of the facts of this case and have NOTHING against the original poster OR Mr. Tracy or his org.
    NOTHING


    But it should be remembered that we are only hearing ONE side of a two sided story. These things usually come with a LOT more history than just this.

    I personally don't think this is the type of thing that should be made public, it's a personal matter; which I believe is better handled 'in house'.

    Your Brother
    John

    Nothing official, just my own thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (05-17-2007),Kenpo-Sloth (06-21-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (07-20-2007),Martin Seck (05-17-2007)

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanks
    2,257
    Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,415 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Ayup. Always wise to reserve judgement until all sides have been heard out. As one who is often too quick to jump to conclusions, I'll wait this one out until I know more. And since I'll likely never have cause to chat with Mr. Tracy, and if I do it'll likely be about something else, I may have to relegate this to the "need to know basis, and I don't need to know" file.

    D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (05-17-2007),sifuroy (07-20-2007)

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    I agree 100%

    My point is if you at one time earned the knowledge (regardless of rank) you keep it "Axed" or not.

    Personally I do not know Mr. Elmer or Mr. Tracy but seems like a $60 payment after a 40 year relationship ... had to be something else going on.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanks
    2,257
    Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,415 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate View Post
    I agree 100%

    My point is if you at one time earned the knowledge (regardless of rank) you keep it "Axed" or not.

    Personally I do not know Mr. Elmer or Mr. Tracy but seems like a $60 payment after a 40 year relationship ... had to be something else going on.
    The Face and the Spine. The Face is what we see going on; the Spine the depths of what's happening.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

    Martin Seck (05-17-2007)

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    2,800
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    Ayup. Always wise to reserve judgement until all sides have been heard out. As one who is often too quick to jump to conclusions, I'll wait this one out until I know more. And since I'll likely never have cause to chat with Mr. Tracy, and if I do it'll likely be about something else, I may have to relegate this to the "need to know basis, and I don't need to know" file.

    D.
    The original post was a couple of years ago...

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanks
    2,257
    Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,415 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
    The original post was a couple of years ago...
    Saw that. Looks like Dr. LaT read and revived it. Mr. Elmer doesn't post here anymore. Mr. Tracy never did.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (05-17-2007)

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    It's very easy for people to get along when there are no obligations between them.
    Ha-ha-ha!

    This was so priceless!

    Thank you.

    And if you've been buying coffee for them for years, and you tell them that "now it's your time to buy coffee", they are no longer your friend.

    Karma, payback, and that fantastic Law of Attraction, "you get what you deserve".

    Carol, I loved your post.

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    Carol (05-17-2007)

  26. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default you cannot put negative propaganda to bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodave View Post
    Well, since this has apparently not been put to bed, I will jump in. The story that Mr. Elmer posted that started this thread is not the same story that I heard.

    While his account may indeed have happened, the reason for his dismissal from the system was an entirely different matter.

    It is not for me to go into detail, but, to assume that this all occurred over a $60.00 certificate is ludicrous.
    Hi Dave,

    The reason I did reply to this old thread is because it was NOT replied to in a way that did cover both sides.

    And I did think it was purposefully disrespectful towards a man I respect.

    In fact it left people with a bad taste (see some of the other replies) towards Al, that in my mind, was NOT deserved.

    So I posted what I do know, like and respect about Al.

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    Kenpo-Sloth (06-21-2007),Kenpodave (05-18-2007)

  28. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate View Post
    I agree 100%

    My point is if you at one time earned the knowledge (regardless of rank) you keep it "Axed" or not.

    Personally I do not know Mr. Elmer or Mr. Tracy but seems like a $60 payment after a 40 year relationship ... had to be something else going on.
    Hell,

    If I had a squabble over a measly $60 bucks with people, I'd have no wife, no kids, no relatives and no friends or students left.

    NOW, if some STEALS a quarter, that's enough to set me off for life.

    But helping someone?

    Damn I know people that are buried at least...

    So in my mind, it's was NOT money,, but something on the line of ego, disrespect, whatever, but NOT money.

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    Martin Seck (05-23-2007)

  30. #20
    Kenpo-Sloth's Avatar
    Kenpo-Sloth is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Time To Put This To Bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodave View Post
    Well, since this has apparently not been put to bed, I will jump in. The story that Mr. Elmer posted that started this thread is not the same story that I heard.

    While his account may indeed have happened, the reason for his dismissal from the system was an entirely different matter.

    It is not for me to go into detail, but, to assume that this all occurred over a $60.00 certificate is ludicrous.
    Hello Kenpodave,
    and hello to all that replied to this thread.

    I just want to say that Master George Elmer was
    my first instructor (and is a good friend).
    He has always been honest and forthright.

    I believe someone in the dojo asked about the
    "rank revoked" message next to his name on the
    website and he told us the story in the original post
    (months before he posted it here).

    I, like most everyone else here,
    have only heard one side,
    but Master Elmer has never lied to me
    and I don't have any reason to believe otherwise.

    So Kenpodave, If I understand you correctly,
    I think your saying the "rank revoked"
    may have been due to something else,
    but your quote confused me a little
    (it doesn't take much, I confuse easily ).
    The story that Mr. Elmer posted that started this thread is not the same story that I heard.
    It's ashame when anyone gets slandered or
    falsely slandered in a public forum.

    Hope I haven't offended anyone, but I felt
    obligated to stick up for my own just as
    some of you have.

    It's best if this thread never existed
    (hint.... moderator )
    What have I learned from this???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Professor Nick Cerio - taken from NickCeriosKenpo.com
    By fistlaw in forum Hawaiian Kempo - General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 11:00 AM