Thread: Tracy's Kenpo Schools near LA area

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Tracy's Kenpo Schools near LA area

Does anyone know of any Tracy's Kenpo schools in the Southern California area? I live in the LA Country area near San Fernando Valley. I've searched on and off for a few years. I finally gave up and train remotely via the Tracy Home Study Course while I supplement my training in an American Kenpo school. There are some personal trainers I workout with, but I really want to find a school so I can work with various people in the Tracy Tech.

The Tracy's have a list of schools in Southern California. Here is what I can share about them
    LA Area: Personal trainer Treint Cruz. Great guy. I've worked with him in the past and will work with him again.
    Chula Vista: 147 miles from my location so that is not an option
    Encinitas: 116 miles away from me
    Yorba Linda: Personal trainer whose number is disconnected
    Ceres: 200 miles away
    Hemet: Personal trainer over 90 miles from my location
    Claremont: This is a school which is not too far from my location (45 miles), but when I called they stated that they teach American Kenpo, not Tracy's
    San Fernando Valley: Personal trainer whose number is disconnected

I also called the Tracy's and they told me that in the past they have not had schools in the LA area out of respect for Parker (e.g. that was his area). They did tell me of a school in Riverside which is 65 miles from me. That is right at the edge of what is within range for regular training. I may try it at some point.

Riverside: Gary Toppins'
    East Wind - Home Page
    East-Wind Martial Arts School
    9720 Magnolia Ave.
    Riverside, CA

Does anyone else know of any Tracy schools within 50 miles of the Sunland/Tujunga area? Or anywhere near the LA Area?

Thanks

Default Re: Tracy's Kenpo Schools near LA area

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Villasenor View Post
    Does anyone know of any Tracy's Kenpo schools in the Southern California area? I live in the LA Country area near San Fernando Valley. I've searched on and off for a few years. I finally gave up and train remotely via the Tracy Home Study Course while I supplement my training in an American Kenpo school. There are some personal trainers I workout with, but I really want to find a school so I can work with various people in the Tracy Tech.

The Tracy's have a list of schools in Southern California. Here is what I can share about them
    LA Area: Personal trainer Treint Cruz. Great guy. I've worked with him in the past and will work with him again.
    Chula Vista: 147 miles from my location so that is not an option
    Encinitas: 116 miles away from me
    Yorba Linda: Personal trainer whose number is disconnected
    Ceres: 200 miles away
    Hemet: Personal trainer over 90 miles from my location
    Claremont: This is a school which is not too far from my location (45 miles), but when I called they stated that they teach American Kenpo, not Tracy's
    San Fernando Valley: Personal trainer whose number is disconnected

I also called the Tracy's and they told me that in the past they have not had schools in the LA area out of respect for Parker (e.g. that was his area). They did tell me of a school in Riverside which is 65 miles from me. That is right at the edge of what is within range for regular training. I may try it at some point.

Riverside: Gary Toppins'
    East Wind - Home Page
    East-Wind Martial Arts School
    9720 Magnolia Ave.
    Riverside, CA

Does anyone else know of any Tracy schools within 50 miles of the Sunland/Tujunga area? Or anywhere near the LA Area?
    You could also try a meetup group and try to find individuals who train in Tracy's Kenpo.. then get together regularly...

Better than nothing.

The Bunny
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBunny For This Useful Post:

Oscar Villasenor (11-25-2014)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny View Post
    You could also try a meetup group and try to find individuals who train in Tracy's Kenpo.. then get together regularly...

Better than nothing.

The Bunny
    An excellent suggestion Mr. Bunny. I do try to do that as often as possible too. In fact I will be meeting with a group of various martial artist this weekend to train/spar and among them is Trent Cruz (Tracy's black belt).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Villasenor View Post
    An excellent suggestion Mr. Bunny. I do try to do that as often as possible too. In fact I will be meeting with a group of various martial artist this weekend to train/spar and among them is Trent Cruz (Tracy's black belt).
    Cool, yea.. I would say keep up with that and maybe try to play 2 or 3 times a week.

Good luck and be safe.

The Bunny
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBunny For This Useful Post:

Oscar Villasenor (11-25-2014)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Howdy Oscar,

Do you own the Yellow - Black Videos? I hold a 5th in IKCA Kenpo but original instructor was a Tracy guy so he worked thru a lot of the material with us. I just bought Yellow - Black videos a few weeks ago and want to start testing thru the curriculum.

do you have any Kenpo experiance? I live near long beach and have been wanting to work thru the curriculum with a partner.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links