Thread: Reference Library of Tracy's Techniques

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Reference Library of Tracy's Techniques

We already have a library of EPAK Material http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/81-ed-parker-kenpo what we would like ot do is to also have a library of all the Tracy's techniques. Any ideas or suggestions. Does anyone have the written breakdowns on their computer?
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Default Re: Reference Library of Tracy's Techniques

I seem to recall KenpoNet had a Tracy written curricullum up and was asked to take it down by the Tracy organization. I could be wrong though.

Lamont
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Kenpo Karate
    www.blackbirdmartialarts.com

“He, who will not reason, is a bigot; he, who cannot, is a fool; and he, who dares not, is a slave.”
    ~William Drummond

"This person is as dangerous as an IED."

Thanks

Does anyone have an good "in" with GM Tracy so that we could make this happen.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Does anyone have a good "in" with GM Tracy so that we could make this happen.
    I do, and here is how I see it. GM Tracy has spent years making his system available on various media to all who wish to have it. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, it is how he makes his living. It would go against the grain of my loyalty and respect to him to provide this information in a free forum.

Many people have done this in various ways over the years, an example being photocopying the manuals or making copies of the tapes and passing them out. As such, there are many people out there claiming to "know" the Tracy System, basically because they have other kenpo experience and a few Tracy tapes.

My own policy has always been to sell the material only to my students. This policy is fairly widespread in our system and we have been accused of being "secretive" and "money hungry" for doing so. But, people who claim shodan or above in my system who have watched a few tapes bother me, and as an instructor, trusted to promote by GM Tracy, I feel it imperative that I do my part to control the quality of our system by doing my best to control the quality of the presentation of the material in the system, and I can only do that face to face. So, although I am happy to participate in discussion of the various techniques that are the Tracy System, I would not provide a move by move breakdown of all the techniques unless directed to do so by GM Tracy.
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodave
    I do, and here is how I see it. GM Tracy has spent years making his system available on various media to all who wish to have it. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, it is how he makes his living. It would go against the grain of my loyalty and respect to him to provide this information in a free forum.

Many people have done this in various ways over the years, an example being photocopying the manuals or making copies of the tapes and passing them out. As such, there are many people out there claiming to "know" the Tracy System, basically because they have other kenpo experience and a few Tracy tapes.

My own policy has always been to sell the material only to my students. This policy is fairly widespread in our system and we have been accused of being "secretive" and "money hungry" for doing so. But, people who claim shodan or above in my system who have watched a few tapes bother me, and as an instructor, trusted to promote by GM Tracy, I feel it imperative that I do my part to control the quality of our system by doing my best to control the quality of the presentation of the material in the system, and I can only do that face to face. So, although I am happy to participate in discussion of the various techniques that are the Tracy System, I would not provide a move by move breakdown of all the techniques unless directed to do so by GM Tracy.
    That is why we asked before posting anything. Although we do already have the belt sheets since they are posted freely on GM Tracy's website. The reason these will be posted makes discussion easier for when someone is trying to remember a technique name or where it belongs.

KenpoTalk will not publicly post any of the Tracy techniques with out express written permission from GM Al Tracy.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Having spent quite a bit of time reading walk throughs, photo guides and other such printed "how tos" on various martial arts, I long ago came to the opinion that learning an art from a book is most definitely not a good thing, unless one also has access to a competent instructor in that same art to correct, tweak and fine tune you.

One of our goals here is to have the largest Kenpo/Kempo reference and resource library possible. Something that both the curious and the involved can use to compare, contrast and refresh their knowledge of the art. We're looking for break downs, walk throughs, guidelines and more. Video clips that can be of use to the student as well as a demonstration of the master.

But! (Theres always a but right? )

It's not our intent to be a substitution for personal training under a qualified and competent instructor. It's also not our desire to negatively effect the livelihood of anyone.

If there is information that any Tracy instructor is comfortable sharing, we gratefully welcome it, be it a breakdown, a video demo, training tips, etc.

For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Cool. That's why I like this place!
    Dave

"I consider that the spiritual life is the life of man's real self, the life of that interior self whose flame is so often allowed to be smothered under the ashes of anxiety and futile concern." - Thomas Merton

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links