Thread: Request for Information

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,155 Posts

Default Request for Information

We are looking for content for the main site.
    - Family Trees
    - History
    - Pictures
    - Biographies
    - Technique Write Ups
    - And More.

If you have anything you would like to contribute, please send it to webmaster (at) kenpotalk.com (replace at with the @)

All content must be legally displayable.
    Full credit to submitters and sources will be given on all contributions.

Any questions, please, ask away.

Thank you!
    - Bob

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Request for Information

Kaith if you are looking for some content, I do have a couple pictures that are of decent quality that you could use. One is a group photo of a Huk Seminar in the Epperson's school In Chico, CA from 2004. The other is of Mr. Trejo and a few others (in the background) working Long 4 at a seminar in Klamath Falls OR at Kocyla's Karate from December of 2003. The pictures may need some cleeining up my digi cam is not the best.

Also I have a large selection of decent quality video clips in .avi format from the Huk seminar. The Clips are mostly of my insturctor working with another black belt, nothing really of Huk doing much.

Let me know if you want to see any of this. I have a gmail account so I can send fairly large attachments.

Also Kaith I have a copy of the colored belt handbooks (yellow through 3rd brown) It may take some time but I could submit copies to you.
    Last edited by dubljay; 02-19-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: last thoughs (stupidity)
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Thanks

If the material is stuff we can legally post, definately. If the manuals are copywriten, we will need permission to post them here though.

Thanks!

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTalk Admin
    If the material is stuff we can legally post, definately. If the manuals are copywriten, we will need permission to post them here though.

Thanks!

All the pictures and videos are mine, taken by me with my camera. I was not the only one at those seminars with a camera (both video and photo) so I don't think there will be a problem.

I am not sure about the manuals, perhaps one of the seniors would have a better knowledge of the copy write on those. If not I would be more than happy to make my own write ups (credit the manuals as a referance though).

Also I have been thinking about building my own video library of techniques (though I have yet to start), if you are interested I would share those with you as well, the accuracy of the techniques would be subject to approval of the seniors of EPAK if you wish.
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Thanks

Sounds good to me. VERY! much appreciated!
    Thank you.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Well it's the LEAST I can do for you for all the work you have put in. It will take me about a week, give or take a few days to compile the seminar video clips and the better quality pictures. Until the question of the copy write on the journals is answered I will begin my own write ups of the yellow belt techniques from EPAK. Just let me know via pm or email how I should get this stuff to you and what formats and sizes you are looking for.

Kaith I also would like to know if you know of any free ware video editing programs so I can trim and clip the video files to limit the usless stuff

-Josh-
    Last edited by dubljay; 02-20-2005 at 12:01 AM.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

I currently have 6 video clips and 6 pictures.

I also have 3 yellow belt techniques written up.

The full technique list will be
    Delayed sword. alternating mace, sword of destruction, deflecting hammer, captured twigs, the grasp of death, checking the storm, mace of agression, attacking mace, sword and hammer, intelectual departure, spreading branch, and destructive twins. The total number is 13 techniques.

Thanks

Thank you!

Document formats can be MS word or plain text. If sending a DOC file with embeded images, please include the images seperately as well in a ZIP archive. (My email will reject doc files if sent unzipped as an antivirus policy)

Please send it to webmaster (at) kenpotalk.com (replace at with the @)

For video editing try http://blogs.tamhsc.edu/blogs/CSL/archives/001792.html
    I haven't used it myself, so it may not be a perfect match.
    Also, try http://www.tucows.com/videotools_mov...g_default.html

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the video editing software info.

I will pair the video files and the picture files with a word file describing the individual files and compress them to different folders to keep it simple.

I will send the grand total when I finish writing up the yellow techniques so there may be a few more vid or pic files. I hope to have this done within the week.

Regards,

-Josh-

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dubljay

technique list
    and destructive twins.
    Correction that should be Agressive Twins. I've been reviewing blue belt matierial and got the twins confused.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Bob, I am still working on tech write ups for orange belt. I have been slightly busy as of late (I'm sure you know how that is), so progress has been slow. I just thought I would let you know that I am still working on it if you still want/need it. I was hoping to have it submitted to you by now . . . but school got in the way

Thanks

If only we could clone ourselves a few times eh?
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links