Thread: Contest ideas.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Contest ideas.

I am looking for a new type of contest for bringing in new members. So what ever idea that is submitted that the staff likes best will win a prize directly from me. And then who ever wins the contest to get the most new members will also win a prize from me.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Default Re: Contest ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    I am looking for a new type of contest for bringing in new members. So what ever idea that is submitted that the staff likes best will win a prize directly from me. And then who ever wins the contest to get the most new members will also win a prize from me.
    Weelll..., Mr. Parker promoted Elvis to 8th to bring more people into Kenpo. But, he definately had to earn first blk the hard way. So, give out promotions here (precident is precident, after all!). Advance the recruiter a belt level for every 10 who sign up under him. More at higher levels. But, not past 8th blk- can't have him outdo Elvis and SGM Parker!

Heck fire, if he gets that far, give him his own spot in the Lineage section!

Dan C

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    Weelll..., Mr. Parker promoted Elvis to 8th to bring more people into Kenpo. But, he definately had to earn first blk the hard way. So, give out promotions here (precident is precident, after all!). Advance the recruiter a belt level for every 10 who sign up under him. More at higher levels. But, not past 8th blk- can't have him outdo Elvis and SGM Parker!

Heck fire, if he gets that far, give him his own spot in the Lineage section!

Dan C
    We already have a process for the ranks here. And to be correct Elvis was awarded his higher ranks not to bring more people to Kenpo, but because Elvis tried to bring kenpo to so many people.

But as mentioned in the first post we all the staff will have a voice in what type of contest we run.

Thanks

OK, try free beer. That usually works!

Thanks

I am looking for the membership of kenpoTalk to come up ideas for a membership contest. Once we have several ideas for different contests then we will implement one and then run it.

Thanks

The idea of giving 'rank' isn't bad. Perhaps they could get some sort of special star or something next to their name for a certain number of points. Or a special color font on their name. And in the legend, it could be for VIPs or something.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    The idea of giving 'rank' isn't bad. Perhaps they could get some sort of special star or something next to their name for a certain number of points. Or a special color font on their name. And in the legend, it could be for VIPs or something.

--Amy
    I like that idea Amy. They could use chevrons or something along those lines.

Heres my idea:
    The winner of the contest could be awarded free admission to the next meet and greet or one of the annual camps. Now I realize the costs of the camps and get togethers are not created for profit but only to sustain the function, but I figured if this person cotributed so much to increasing the number of members, chances are more members will show up at functions. Just an idea.

Salute!
    "A warrior's ultimate act is to put down his sword"

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRising View Post
    I like that idea Amy. They could use chevrons or something along those lines.

Heres my idea:
    The winner of the contest could be awarded free admission to the next meet and greet or one of the annual camps. Now I realize the costs of the camps and get togethers are not created for profit but only to sustain the function, but I figured if this person cotributed so much to increasing the number of members, chances are more members will show up at functions. Just an idea.

Salute!
    That sounds like a good one! For us west coasters (I know there aren't many of us unless their just lurking) it would still be hard to come. I'll try to think of something and post it later. I for one really appreciate this forum.

Thanks

Well this may have been done already but what about t-shirts with KT Logo and the site address. Myself when I am not at work I pretty much always wear t-shirts and most of the time they are Kenpo or NASCAR related. I have been stopped a few times and asked about the school I attend due to my shirts. I never really asked if those that asked me signed up and since they would be in their own class I really need to ask my instructor.

Oh I am having a brain dead day (I am thinking about a seminar that my instructor is having for his class tonight) Sorry well thatís my idea for getting more people to the site. As for a contest for those that do get people here.

What about the winner will be given a KT jacket, maybe something like a B1B (fighter pilot style jacket with KT embroidered on the back) just my .02
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks

I ALREADY HAVE THE PRIZES AS STATED IN THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD.

Now that I have your attention. What is am looking for is a new contest to run here. To re-iterate I am not looking for prizes, I am looking for a new form of contest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    I ALREADY HAVE THE PRIZES AS STATED IN THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD.

Now that I have your attention. What is am looking for is a new contest to run here. To re-iterate I am not looking for prizes, I am looking for a new form of contest.
    So you're saying that you need ideas for prizes?
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    So you're saying that you need ideas for prizes?
    LOL! I'd suggest a drinking contest, but he's in a grouchy mood here lately. I mean, if he doesn't think the prospect of free beer will bring them in..., well, the man isn't rational!

Rob, I though the contest was already defined- see who can bring in the most new members. What, exactly, are you looking for if not ideas to facilitate or promote this contest?

Thanks

I am looking for ideas and time line paramenters. Something like only links from webpages, or only from your school etc....

Thanks

I'm still not clear on this.........you want to set a limitation like...only people who sign up through your school website count......or perhaps only people that enter the username of their referrer are eligible?

I guess i'm not feeling the whole contest thing.

Thanks

I am looking for the members to come up with some parameters for the contest. Like the ones I had mentioned before. The person who comes up with the best idea, that will be voted on by the staff, will win a prize. Then we will run that contest and someone will then a prize for winningteh enrollment contest.

Thanks

when you sign up.......there is a referrer section......who referred you to this site.
    whoever gets the most mentions within 2 months wins......simple, no?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz View Post
    .....simple, no?
    Apparently not.

OK, try this- the very complex and difficult to administer and guaranteed to vex the participants
    LINEAGE CONTEST

you get 10 points for signing up each new member in the first three months of the contest

they get ten for each new member they sign, and you get five also because they (presumably) wouldn't be signing anyone if you hadn't signed them

for each one their signees sign, you get two more

twenty five bonus points for the largest signer in each month

fifty bonus points for the biggest overall signer in the three months

seventy five bonus points for the most signups in a "lineage"

for the first six months of the contest, you get two points for each time a person in your "lineage" logs on

for the first six months, you get one point for each post by a person in your "lineage"

the moderators can give one to three bonus points for each post by someone in a "lineage", awarded to the head of the "lineage" on the basis of substance

the membership votes an additional twenty five points for the most popular senior in a "lineage"

and, since you are mostly looking for ideas for prizes and awards:
    the winner gets his own lineage area
    the staff gets the free beer for having you put them through this

Alternatively, you could just say that whoever signs up the most people each month from now on gets a recognition banner under their name as a KT membership driver, or something...

beer is optional, but still a good idea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    Apparently not.

OK, try this- the very complex and difficult to administer and guaranteed to vex the participants
    LINEAGE CONTEST

you get 10 points for signing up each new member in the first three months of the contest

they get ten for each new member they sign, and you get five also because they (presumably) wouldn't be signing anyone if you hadn't signed them

for each one their signees sign, you get two more

twenty five bonus points for the largest signer in each month

fifty bonus points for the biggest overall signer in the three months

seventy five bonus points for the most signups in a "lineage"

for the first six months of the contest, you get two points for each time a person in your "lineage" logs on

for the first six months, you get one point for each post by a person in your "lineage"

the moderators can give one to three bonus points for each post by someone in a "lineage", awarded to the head of the "lineage" on the basis of substance

the membership votes an additional twenty five points for the most popular senior in a "lineage"

and, since you are mostly looking for ideas for prizes and awards:
    the winner gets his own lineage area
    the staff gets the free beer for having you put them through this

Alternatively, you could just say that whoever signs up the most people each month from now on gets a recognition banner under their name as a KT membership driver, or something...

beer is optional, but still a good idea

hahahaha......have you been in some sales pyramids?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz View Post
    hahahaha......have you been in some sales pyramids?
    No. They are too complex and difficult to administer and guaranteed to vex the participants. I have drunk beer, though-- actually, I prefer some of the Pyramid ales. Does that count?

Thanks

I came up with an idea for one membership drive contest last night that I sent to Bob if he likes it I will get the ball rolling with it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links