Thread: YT Videos not working in chrome ATM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 552 Posts

Default YT Videos not working in chrome ATM

YT Videos not working in chrome ATM. Preview image is showing, but I cannot start the video.

Right clicking the preview image let's the context menu appear at a vertical offset, so maybe the actual SWF is displayed at a different position also, which might explain why I can't start the video.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default Re: YT Videos not working in chrome ATM

Just checked and videos in chrome work ok for me. Anyone else having this issue?
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks

Checked it again, seems like the problem is that there's a wmode=opaque in the generated code.
    If I get rid of that, it works fine.
    Note sure when / why it gets added, but right now it's there all clicks on the area are ignored.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Having no issues Viewing the video from the recent post:Kenpo Sparring for Everyone!

On the current version of Chrome

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Checked it again, seems like the problem is that there's a wmode=opaque in the generated code.
    If I get rid of that, it works fine.
    Note sure when / why it gets added, but right now it's there all clicks on the area are ignored.
    Is this with a particular one, or several? Give me a problem link and I'll beat on it to see if I can duplicate the problem.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Is this with a particular one, or several? Give me a problem link and I'll beat on it to see if I can duplicate the problem.
    Sounds like man on a mission.....now if we could get you to work on the north koreans...lmao
    Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KirkS For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Had the problem in the kenpo sparring thread (windows7, latest chrome, not sure about the flash version). Since I am using a mac at home, I'll check other videos on Monday.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング

Thanks
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 2,190 Posts

Default YT Videos not working in chrome ATM

Quote Originally Posted by KirkS View Post
    Sounds like man on a mission.....now if we could get you to work on the north koreans...lmao
    Who do you think put the piggy ears on the kid?
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Richwood, Ohio, United States, 103740476331734, Richwood, Ohio
    Thanks

While we're on it, for some reason the Quick Reply form is not accepting the 'enter' key for me. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and IE 10.0.
    The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson
    If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more thought. ~Dennis Roth
    If you can't write your idea on the back of my calling card, you don't have a clear idea. ~David Belasco

Bill Davenport

11. The Following User Says Thank You to punkmonkey For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (04-07-2013)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links