Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Disassociation

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,341
    Thanks
    2,292
    Thanked 4,368 Times in 1,425 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    I imagine it's similar to kinesiology.

    Try this: Hold your arm out at shoulder height. Have someone use two fingers to try and push your arm down. Resist.

    Then pick up a packet of sugar and have them push.


    Try the same thing by saying a truth, then a lie. Try saying, "I love kenpo" and your arm will stay strong. Then say, 'I hate kenpo' and watch your arm fling down to your side.

    It's important that your arm be a shoulder height.

    Report back.

    --Amy
    Have you read Hawkin's trilogy? Good read. He suggests a blind experiment with this btw organic sugar and nutrasweet, in envelopes so you don't get to know which is which. Dr. Diamond had even taken this a bit further in his demo's with the use of images that cannot be seen by subject or operator.

    D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    Have you read Hawkin's trilogy? Good read. He suggests a blind experiment with this btw organic sugar and nutrasweet, in envelopes so you don't get to know which is which. Dr. Diamond had even taken this a bit further in his demo's with the use of images that cannot be seen by subject or operator.

    D.
    I don't know anything about that. Is there somewhere I can go read it? Once you know it works, you can use the technique to determine what foods are good for you. When I go to the store and I want to buy a supplement of sorts, I do a little muscle test on each one to see which one gives me a strong arm.

    It works with all of that stuff. I've never seen it not work. It works with food, with truth vs. lies, with all kinds of stuff.

    It also works for determining illness in the body. Try having someone hold up their arm, then put your hand over a part of their body that isn't working right, or that you think isn't working right, and see if you can push the arm down. It works for determining the gender of babies too.

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  3. #23
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    I would suggest re-writing your forms to exclude the C-step, and replace it with stepping. The ideal aspect of iit is that it covers the groin while you're in transition. I mentioned this to Doc one night, and his reply was to look at me like I was being an idiot, and say, "Are you tellin' me that if someone takes a shot at your groin, you're too dumb to turn your body or put your hand there, because you're too busy walking?". Sometimes simple is deep.

    I have since given up that line of reasoning.

    Dave
    I hear what you are saying,,,so why have we always been taught to do the c-step in the early forms,,,what were supposed to be learning from that?

  4. #24
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    I don't know anything about that. Is there somewhere I can go read it? Once you know it works, you can use the technique to determine what foods are good for you. When I go to the store and I want to buy a supplement of sorts, I do a little muscle test on each one to see which one gives me a strong arm.

    It works with all of that stuff. I've never seen it not work. It works with food, with truth vs. lies, with all kinds of stuff.

    It also works for determining illness in the body. Try having someone hold up their arm, then put your hand over a part of their body that isn't working right, or that you think isn't working right, and see if you can push the arm down. It works for determining the gender of babies too.

    --Amy

    As for the arm thing and disease, my previous chiropractor used to do this all of the time,,,the only unnerving thing about the process was that he would mumble to himself while doing it,,I kind of felt like I was on an episode of PSI Factor.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    As for the arm thing and disease, my previous chiropractor used to do this all of the time,,,the only unnerving thing about the process was that he would mumble to himself while doing it,,I kind of felt like I was on an episode of PSI Factor.
    Mumbling is very helpful. It could be that he was asking your body a question. Or thinking outloud. Or he was summoning the spirits of the dark side to come and inhabit your body. Six of one.....

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  6. #26
    sigung86's Avatar
    sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    2,622
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 729 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    You all are touching on the hinterlands of an holistic type of treatment that is called, "Touch For Health". link:

    http://www.touch4health.com/

    Lots and lots of really neat stuff there.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked 674 Times in 489 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by sigung86 View Post
    You all are touching on the hinterlands of an holistic type of treatment that is called, "Touch For Health". link:

    http://www.touch4health.com/

    Lots and lots of really neat stuff there.
    Nice link. Thanks for posting that.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    2,796
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Default Re: Disassociation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Correct.

    Certainly everything depends on specifics. However it would not be prudent to intentionally retain inefficient movement simply because you have access to "correcting mechanisms." Basics should be trained as efficiently as possible, and "correcting mechanisms" should be used to re-enforce or correct movement as necessary for the circumstances at hand.

    How would you teach proper anatomicl movement without correcting mechanisms, when some movements by necessity are inefficient and require correction?

    If you examine the above, I think you'll see my answer is to abandon the "c" step (as I understand it), as grossly inefficient and replace it with proper basics. it will absolutely breakdown your structural integirty.
    Hi Dr. Chapel,
    in some of the techniques I am learning we have variations on a "box step" where both feet move simultaneously. You taught me how and when to use a Platform Aligment Mechanism when stepping forward or backward, but which is appropriate when both feet move together? Or is this another example of a "grossly inefficient" maneuver that cannot be corrected?

    thanks!

    -David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)