Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IKKF Ranking Claims

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default IKKF Ranking Claims

This was just recently brought up on the KenpoNet. It would appear to be a bunch of garbage, but I was just curious if anyone here had any insight.

http://www.ikkf.com/parkerrank.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jejwood For This Useful Post:

Hudson69 (05-14-2009)

Thanks

Default Re: IKKF Ranking Claims

Quote Originally Posted by jejwood View Post
    This was just recently brought up on the KenpoNet. It would appear to be a bunch of garbage, but I was just curious if anyone here had any insight.

http://www.ikkf.com/parkerrank.html

Yet, another challenge to overcoming the kenpocentric demon...
    ~Bill Richardson

Rudeness is the frustrated attempt of a small mind to communicate.

Forgive everyone everything

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

Interesting, but I'm sure incomplete. That is an impressive list of 5ths I must say
    -David C
    http://www.kungfubooksonline.com

"...while you guys are arguing, I'm on the grind."
    - an anonymous brick puncher

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Lets see how long has Mr. Parker been gone now ?

I know lets support those who validate themselves by attempting to in-validate others.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

bdparsons (07-01-2008),Black St1300 (06-30-2008),Celtic_Crippler (06-30-2008),Dr. Dave in da house (06-30-2008),gixxershane (09-30-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 1,416 Posts

This list was inaccurate and incomplete when it came out, influenced by in-fighting and politics surrounding the Family. It is incomplete and inaccurate now.

I suspect the truth about the favoritism and systematic/administrative ineptitude of many "in charge" at the time is an uglier truth than the way this thing gets used. But maybe not.

D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

bdparsons (07-01-2008),Black St1300 (06-30-2008),MARSHALLS KENPO (06-30-2008)

Thanks

PS -- Just visited the guys site. What a scumbag. But at least he's able to make his boat payment, even if it is off the backs of unsuspecting, well-meaning students and instructors.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

whats funny is he has EXPOSED in all caps like he is exposing someone and i dont see his name on the list... looks like he is exposing himself...

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

In a world where all you have to do is create your own bogus fairy tale martial art to get a 10th dan does rank really mean THAT much anymore? If someone's name is or isn't on that list does it make them a better/worse martial artist?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gajewski View Post
    whats funny is he has EXPOSED in all caps like he is exposing someone and i dont see his name on the list... looks like he is exposing himself...

I was thinking the same thing myself...lol

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

i know in New Jersey he can go to jail for exposing himself. LOL
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ackks10 For This Useful Post:

MARSHALLS KENPO (06-30-2008)

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

i don't know, maybe it's me, but this guy looks just like Dave Thomas, from sctv
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ackks10 View Post
    i know in New Jersey he can go to jail for exposing himself. LOL
    You have been down on the boardwalk.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    Lets see how long has Mr. Parker been gone now ?

I know lets support those who validate themselves by attempting to in-validate others.
    ...the sure sign of one who is truely a humble master. ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    PS -- Just visited the guys site. What a scumbag. But at least he's able to make his boat payment, even if it is off the backs of unsuspecting, well-meaning students and instructors.
    It's all about the Benjamins ain't it? Screw the art! Gimme a dollar!

What? You mean he's not on the list? What about his instructor?

Quote Originally Posted by ackks10 View Post
    i don't know, maybe it's me, but this guy looks just like Dave Thomas, from sctv
    He must've missed the lesson on "anchoring" ...heh...COOO-LOOO-COOO-COOO-COOO-COOOOOOO-COOO-COOOO.....you Hoser!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Don't we have anything better to do with our time?
    Like TRAINING, perhaps?
    I think getting a frontal lobotomy without anesthesia just so I don't have to see this B.S. anymore would be more of an engaging exercise...
    Let's get back to the mats!
    Take Care

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Black St1300 For This Useful Post:

Celtic_Crippler (07-01-2008)

Thanks

I just noticed that is Mr Marek's site.

He is a semi-regular poster over at americankenpoforum.com if you would like to go give him some comments directly

I opened a thread here once asking if anyone knew him and the answers were mixed (use search function) but he called my instructor and suggested he "correct" me (putting it mildly).
    -David C

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    In a world where all you have to do is create your own bogus fairy tale martial art to get a 10th dan does rank really mean THAT much anymore? If someone's name is or isn't on that list does it make them a better/worse martial artist?

In order to keep as many active students as possible I actually developed a highly effective training system that shows my student EXACTLY when they will test for each belt and what techniques they need to know. The student even knows (based on their regular training) the precise date when they will earn their black belt.

"This Is What You Get ..."
    When you become a Charter School you get these monthly benefits
    -1. Your Website in the Top Ten On Google - Guaranteed ($xxx/mo.)
    -1. Proven and easy to teach Personal Development lesson plans ($xx/mo.)
    -1. Coaching Telewebinars ($xx/mo.)
    -1. Newsletters for your students and their parents to reinforce and educate them how you are helping them achieve their goals ($xx/mo)
    -1. Marketing Materials and Ads to increase your student enrollment ($xx/mo)
    -1. Public Relations press releases to have the media endorse your program and highlight you as the undisputed Martial Arts Expert_and other tools ($xxx/mo)
    -1. Website Landing Page design to generate leads 24/7 ($xxx value)
    These benefits have a combined value of $xxxx.00, but you get it now for only $xxx.00 and a low, low monthly fee of $xxx.00, when you enroll right now. This saves you $xxxx.00.

I must WARN you though, I can only accept another 11 schools this month, because it takes a lot of work and time to set up your Website Landing Page and to get you into the Top Ten On Google.

Then How do you Guaranteed a place in the top 10 when you are enrolling 11?

Any other questions ?
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

Celtic_Crippler (07-01-2008),Mikael151 (07-01-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
    I just noticed that is Mr Marek's site.

He is a semi-regular poster over at americankenpoforum.com if you would like to go give him some comments directly

I opened a thread here once asking if anyone knew him and the answers were mixed (use search function) but he called my instructor and suggested he "correct" me (putting it mildly).
    I frequent AKF. Which one is Marek? I'm surprised he hasn't been lambasted yet.

Thanks

"Telewebinars"

because webinars are not cool enough.

I guess you can view a telewebinar when you are not actually on the web? Maybe you get a video of someone viewing the webinar ROFL

==========

Sign up today becasue he can only promote 7 more people this month to 10th dan.
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    I frequent AKF. Which one is Marek? I'm surprised he hasn't been lambasted yet.

ooops, went to look that up and discovered I had him confused with someone else. Sorry!
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

When someone wants to prove their superiority to me all they have do is show me something that I don't already know. I am greatful for their knowledge. It doesn't make them better or worse than I am. If they think they are better than others by telling me their lineage or showing me a list, then they are trying to make up for some sort of shortfall. I have seen many who are better or worse than their instructors. I have seen bad students from great instructors and great students from bad instructors.

I don't understand the whole family tree and lineage thing. It seems like a complete waste of time to me. You can't validate someone's experience and effort from a family tree or family lineage.

That's just my perspective. I am trying to be the best I can. I don't know anyone in the martial arts who isn't. I want my students to be better than me and improve on what I know. It seems like Kenpo is supposed to be the same way. Shouldn't a Kenpo student be better if he is farther from the Ed Parker line if Kenpo is to evolve and improve? Students of Ed Parker are berated for changing what Ed Parker did, But wasn't that what Mr. Parker did? I was always told that I am a bad teacher if my students don't surpass me.

Could someone tell me if I am way off base?

Thank you for your time, Scott

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjansen For This Useful Post:

Celtic_Crippler (07-01-2008),OKenpo942 (05-06-2011),punkmonkey (07-17-2008),toejoe2k (07-01-2008)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links